Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Clowney a dirty player?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:26 am
  • If he wasn't deemed a dirty player before this game, he most certainly will be now. The hit was most definitely cheap and was done for a reason. Carson was already diving to the ground giving himself up. Clowney is a clown and he will get his.

Last edited by ClippedBird on Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:58 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    justafan wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    justafan wrote:I dont know about his past, he hasnt been dirty here. But that was a dirty hit. Helmet to helmet easy call. I have been pissed because the refs dont protect RW more. Philly fans have a right to be pissed now.

Im glad it was on Wentz and not Wilson.

I dont have a problem with the argument that it should have been a penalty.

But Dirty insinuates that Clowney was hoping to hurt Wentz with malicious intent. Since he has no history of that, what did you see on that play that convinces you he was trying to maliciously hurt Wentz?

IMO he intentionally targeted Wentzes head and lowered his helmet. I would hate to see Wilson go down like that. Everybody would have lost it on that one.Wilson took a shot in the back that should have been called. The league knows the QBs are the lifeblood of most teams but they dont protect them equally.
    I hope I am wrong. Its just my opinion.

Balderdash !
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 am
  • You tell me...

Last edited by ClippedBird on Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:15 am
  • Whatever gets you thru the day. You lost, no need to start making excuses.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 am
  • justafan wrote:IMO he intentionally targeted Wentzes head and lowered his helmet.

Really impossible to know and it's not like he had time to deliberate (defenders NEVER DO, this is no excuse for him), but the only two options are really:

(1) he slipped and somehow just magically left his feet to be able to target down head first into the back of Wentz's helmet with the crown of his helmet,

or

(2) it is precisely what it looks like.

My issue is that week in and week out after a guy has been tackled and is already going to the ground defenders just reach out with their hands and tag them down. It happens so regularly that we don't even notice it. That is the safe, legal, and smart football play. Rather than reaching his hand out to tag Wentz Clowney is leaving his feet and tucking his shoulder to make primary contact with the crown of his helmet in the back of Wentz's helmet.

You want proof that reaching out and tagging down is what players do in this situation?

Watch Jarran Reed on the VERY SAME PLAY while Clowney is head hunting. :lol: Reed does EXACTLY what everyone else does (reach out to tag down) in the exact same time window that Clowney head hunts.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/seahaw ... cheap-shot

That DOES NOT mean it was pre-meditated or anything, but it's bush league as hell and has absolutely zero place in the game.
    Last edited by Popeyejones on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:30 am
  • :34853_doh:
    Yeah, because the Niners players NEVER do that exact same thing. And the Niners didn't blast Russ over and over again after he slides.

No, it's ONLY the Seahawks who do this kind of thing. My goodness, is it time to put bubble wrap on the players???
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:34 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote::34853_doh:
    Yeah, because the Niners players NEVER do that exact same thing. And the Niners didn't blast Russ over and over again after he slides.

No, it's ONLY the Seahawks who do this kind of thing. My goodness, is it time to put bubble wrap on the players???

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You're literally making up something that I've never argued and that is entirely beside the point of any of this. It's dumb.

As for no 9er ever doing this, what are you even talking about? I said multiple times when it happened and since last night that I think Kwon Alexander was rightly ejected for helmet to helmet contact this year. :roll:

Get a grip. :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:35 am
  • No thanks, it gets old when EVERY time the Hawks win a big game, the excuses start rolling out.
    Plus, I like talking smack about the 9ers, and I'm sure it goes the other way. :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 am
  • not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:43 am
  • If someone wants to convince themselves that he all the sudden is a dirty player, have at it.
    Good luck with that.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No thanks, it gets old when EVERY time the Hawks win a big game, the excuses start rolling out.
    Plus, I like talking smack about the 9ers, and I'm sure it goes the other way. :2thumbs:

Said this multiple times in a few different ways in the other thread, but I think you're collapsing two questions, for which I have two different answers.

QUESTION 1:

Was the play dirty or not? Yes, I believe it was very dirty. Does that make Clowney a "dirty player?" I didn't watch him enough on the Texans to say, so I have no idea. I just think the play was VERY dirty (see Reed on the same play for how this is usually done multiple times per game).

QUESTION 2:

Did that play taint the Seahawks vicitory? LOL, no, whatever. I'm sure Eagles fans insist it did but who the heck knows what happens if that play doesn't happen? Maybe Wentz ends up throwing four picks and the Seahawks win by a blowout instead of a smaller margin. Who the heck knows. Players do grimey crap sometimes and calls are missed sometimes but every time we're left with the game as it actually happened. Full stop. Claims of tainted losses are made by multiple fanbases every week. I'm entirely unmoved by them. :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:53 am
  • VERY dirty? Agree to disagree.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 am
  • "to make primary contact with the crown of his helmet in the back of Wentz's helmet."

Actually it appears to me that Clowney's shoulder makes primary contact with Wentz's back first.

BTW IMO if that play happens to Russ, he gets up, no problem. We need to acknowledge that RW is just one tough cookie ala Brett Favre.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:01 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:If he wasn't deemed a dirty player before this game, he most certainly will be now. The hit was most definitely cheap and was done for a reason. Carson was already diving to the ground giving himself up. Clowney is a clown and he will get his.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213950499210301441

Nice username!! I suggest not attempting to drive with those blinders on. Enjoy your off season! :irishdrinkers:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:10 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Whatever gets you thru the day. You lost, no need to start making excuses.

Did I complain that the Eagles lost and use that as an excuse? I did not. The Seahawks were the better team but come on man. Clowney cheated us out of an opportunity, plain and simple. Karma is a mofo. Go Packers!
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:12 am
  • Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

He became a runner when he took a dive forward. He should have slid. But because he's a QB, it's not ok to hit a guy in a football game?

Karma? Yep, clearly an Eagle's fan. Enjoy yet another offseason and watching the Hawks in the playoffs next week.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:16 am
  • I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But he should apologize for what he said about the fans. That was all on him.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:18 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But everyone knows that Philly fans are the worst in the world. That's totally justified.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am
  • Apologize to Philly fans? Meh
    That has been one of if not THE worst fanbase full of psycho's for decades. Clowney is 100 percent accurate.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:21 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    CHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 am
  • Why would it even be up for debate? That fanbase? Their tears are extra delish today.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Whatever gets you thru the day. You lost, no need to start making excuses.

Did I complain that the Eagles lost and use that as an excuse? I did not. The Seahawks were the better team but come on man. Clowney cheated us out of an opportunity, plain and simple. Karma is a mofo. Go Packers!

There is no history of this and he's a stand up good dude, so shut the pie hole on this pathetic sniveling BS! :177692:

Maybe McCown can lead you and Wentz in a sniveling fest!

You poor people all need a hug!! :twisted:

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:27 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

He became a runner when he took a dive forward. He should have slid. But because he's a QB, it's not ok to hit a guy in a football game?

Karma? Yep, clearly an Eagle's fan. Enjoy yet another offseason and watching the Hawks in the playoffs next week.

Nothing on offense with him in the game? All 9 minutes.

It is OK to hit a player in a football game. It is NOT OK to blatantly spear another players head into the hard turf when they have clearly gave themselves up and were on the way to the ground.

Karma will be in full effect on Sunday night in Lambeau. I usually hope for a close playoff game when the Eagles are not playing but not this time.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:29 am
  • If I was an Eagles fan, I would be upset as well. If it had happened to RW, we would be livid.

However, it was not dirty. Just unfortunate.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:30 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Whatever gets you thru the day. You lost, no need to start making excuses.

There is no history of this and he's a stand up good dude, so shut the pie hole on this pathetic sniveling BS! :177692:

Maybe McCown can lead you and Wentz in a sniveling fest!

You poor people all need a hug!! :twisted:

Stand up dude my @zz. Clowney is a cheap shot punk! If this happened to Russell how would you be reacting?

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 am
  • You're moaning to the wrong group of people.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:If I was an Eagles fan, I would be upset as well. If it had happened to RW, we would be livid.

However, it was not dirty. Just unfortunate.

Can't happen to Wilson, he is still on his recovery water regimen! :irishdrinkers:

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:33 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Why would it even be up for debate? That fanbase? Their tears are extra delish today.

That is ok. Yours will be especially delish come sunday night.

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:34 am
  • An Eagles fan pulling for the Packers. He must be a new fan.

The trash talk and overall whinging needs to move to the Shack.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

But everyone knows that Philly fans are the worst in the world. That's totally justified.

Clowney is not only dirty but also an instigator. The worse fans in the world. How original.

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 am
  • Cheap shot punk??

Please guide me toward the history on this losers?!

It's over. Take your lickin' like a man and go cry to moma.....we aren't buying it!! :177692: :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 am
  • CHawk wrote:I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:40 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If someone wants to convince themselves that he all the sudden is a dirty player, have at it.
    Good luck with that.

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:43 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    CHawk wrote:I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:45 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    CHawk wrote:I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Cool hypothetical.

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain
    . Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

Nope!!

Same group as you snivelers....he a 40whiner lookin' for a reason to whine. :49ersmall: :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:46 am
  • CHawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

If individual fans are making death threats he thinks are credible, he can handle it by reporting to Twitter and or going to law enforcement. But to say the Eagles fanbase are the "worst fans in the world" and bringing in "death threats" is incredulous.

Like I said, the hit was adjudicated. He's not the refs. He can't help it being a no-call.

But he could help what he said afterward. Which should have been limited to "it was a bang-bang, and I did not mean to injure that person specifically." Same as what ET said after the Mason Rudolph hit.

There was no need to make it about a whole fanbase.

He should apologize, not for the hit, but for his absolutely unnecessary dig at that fanbase.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:48 am
  • classicaaron wrote:not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.

I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse.

You can be that silly. Did Russell get knocked out of the game? Also, Barnett let up a lot on that hit.

ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:53 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    classicaaron wrote:not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.

You can be that silly. Did Russell get knocked out of the game? Also, Barnett let up a lot on that hit.

So your measurement for how dirty of a play it was is measured by how big of a pu$$y the player is then?

Go it!!

:snack:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:55 am
  • No, Wilson did not get did not get knocked out of the game. So it sounds to me that you should be mad at you own QB for not protecting himself and not sliding.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am
  • Hey Chipped, Popeye is a 49ers fan :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: (Though he brings a ton to the table)
    Don't go away mad, just go away.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:59 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:

Cool hypothetical.

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... [emoji38]
    I live in PA, yes they are the worse fan base.

CHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:If he wasn't deemed a dirty player before this game, he most certainly will be now. The hit was most definitely cheap and was done for a reason. Carson was already diving to the ground giving himself up. Clowney is a clown and he will get his.

Holy “way to spin it” Batman

Most skewed view I an imagine.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:02 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:
    classicaaron wrote:not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.

So your measurement for how dirty of a play it was is measured by how big of a pu$$y the player is then?

Go it!!

TO call CW a pu$$y is ridiculous. Let's put on a helmet on you, take a 280 pound man and drive his helmet into yours and then to the turf. Your pu$$ @ss would probably die.

And yes, Barnett is a dirty player and that was a dirty play as well. Barnett is a dirty player just like your boy Clowney is. The proof is in what your eyes see.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 am
  • Literally every single ex-player and media person is saying it wasn't intentional but should have been a penalty.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

Nothing on offense with him in the game? All 9 minutes.

It is OK to hit a player in a football game. It is NOT OK to blatantly spear another players head into the hard turf when they have clearly gave themselves up and were on the way to the ground.

Karma will be in full effect on Sunday night in Lambeau. I usually hope for a close playoff game when the Eagles are not playing but not this time.

He didn't give himself up AT ALL. He was running, got tripped up and fell forward exactly at the same time as Clowney was diving at him from behind to prevent a 1st down run. The play didn't even look bad in real time, and it's no wonder you have to use a still shot to make your argument.

Wentz was playing like trash in those 9 minutes, and he has always struggled against Seattle. Seattle also has a history of making backup QBs look like all pros. So Clowney actually helped the Eagles not get blown out, you should thank him
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:04 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:

Cool hypothetical.

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

I'm not a Seahawks fan. Just a 9ers fan who has happened to post here for the last seven years.

I'm one of "the good ones" whenever my opinions happen to align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (e.g. the non-call on Warner for DPI last week, which was obviously a bad call IMO), and a "damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives" whenever my opinions happen to not align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (the non-call on Clowney for a very dirty that he should have been ejected for IMO).

Unlike last week when I was arguing against my team's win I'm now a damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives again. :roll: :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:06 am
  • Not even close to intentional. Certainly it could have been called, but you see these kinds of hits all the time not getting called. Also, the OBVIOUS offsides that was ignored by the refs cost the Hawks a chance to get a TD.
    60 minute game, they get some right and get some wrong.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:07 am
  • ClippedBird...

Wartooth
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:

Go it!!

TO call CW a pu$$y is ridiculous. Let's put on a helmet on you, take a 280 pound man and drive his helmet into yours and then to the turf. Your pu$$ @ss would probably die.

And yes, Barnett is a dirty player and that was a dirty play as well. Barnett is a dirty player just like your boy Clowney is. The proof is in what your eyes see.

Makes about as much sense as calling a player dirty because their QB was knocked out of the game!

If Wentz doesn't get knocked out of the game, we never hear word one from you whiners. :177692:

That means you are hell bent to avenge the results of the play, not the play itself that happens every week!

Gotta eat again....losing my breakfast for the 3rd time. :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 am
  • Right... I've watched this incident alot of times now and my conclusion is that wentz was never giving himself up what happened was that mcdougald tripped wentz and clowney has went for the tackle for him literally milliseconds after, if mcdougald doesn't trip wentz clowney has a clean tackle the helmet hit only occurs when clowney tries to roll out of it when wentz starts going down.... Watch it in normal speed there is no way its dirty just unfortunate
    Hawkman90
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information