Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Clowney a dirty player?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:11 pm
  • bdawk20 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

    You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...


    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

    Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

    And in 2018

    And in 2017

    And was tied for 3rd in 2016

    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

    Clowney has been fined at least 5 times for roughing the passer.

    Oct 2016 – $10,000 (vs Vikings)

    Jan 2017 – $18,231 (vs Patriots)

    Dec 2018 – $20,054 (vs Jets)

    Dec 2018 – $40,110 (vs Eagles)

    Oct 2019 – $21,056 (vs Browns)


    I thought you were showing us evidence of Clowney being a dirty player.

    You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

    Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.


    Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

    https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

    mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

    Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.


    https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl




    Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

    https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

    Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.


    If you want to feel it was a dirty hit, fine. More power to you. But wishing for any player to get hurt Afro some perverse sens of “justice” because people on a message board disagree with you makes you as bad as what you’re projecting onto Clowney.

    Be better than that or go away.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 7167
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 pm
  • Eagles fans still being salty, surprised. Clowney was right they are the worst fans in the world.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:23 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:I don't know what other eagles fan you think I am but clearly they did not do their job. You guys keep pushing this idea that he is not a dirty player and deserves the benefit of the doubt I have provided tons of examples of this guy being a dirty player, the only reason I made a profile was to educate you on clowney and his long and storied history of cheap shots. I'm sure the mods can see from my ip I'm obviously not whoever the hell you are talking to.


    OK....we are now educated.....now head back to the woods please!! :roll:

    Image

    Your educated?About time.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5450
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:30 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

    You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...


    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

    Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

    And in 2018

    And in 2017

    And was tied for 3rd in 2016

    https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

    Clowney has been fined at least 5 times for roughing the passer.

    Oct 2016 – $10,000 (vs Vikings)

    Jan 2017 – $18,231 (vs Patriots)

    Dec 2018 – $20,054 (vs Jets)

    Dec 2018 – $40,110 (vs Eagles)

    Oct 2019 – $21,056 (vs Browns)


    I thought you were showing us evidence of Clowney being a dirty player.

    You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

    Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.


    Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

    https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

    mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

    Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.


    https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl




    Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

    https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

    Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.



    You said you were sorry. Then you continued taking shots.

    You said you were done talking about it. But just changed your username and continued.

    It is starting to get concerning at this point.


    That is not me bro. Bdawk20 is just anther salty mofo and with great reason to be. He makes some good points. You go BDawk...These dudes are cool BDawk...
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 52
    Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:16 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:14 pm
  • Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 52
    Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:16 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:29 pm
  • Yo, I don't even see this play on the DVR. It's like Carson looked fine and then he wasn't, and THEN the broadcast started showing the replay, which looked terrible. Like I said, I didn't get to even sit down and watch this first half live, so If someone has an exact time of when this play happened on the broadcast, please say when that happened.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5172
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:36 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image


    Damn now I gotta screen grab what the Eagles did to Wilson to show you..

    You are an idiot.... period.

    Give me till tomorrow morning please
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image


    I love how ones of these is a head.. to the CHEST...

    Grasping for straws at this point

    Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

    The hit last week was SOOO bad, Wentz still went on to play the series.

    Yep... I feel for ya
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:Here it is real time. Start at around 38 seconds in.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILnSSsH6Ac

    I watched it a bunch. I have never seen a more hidden yet devastating hit. I have to give it to Clowney there. He took a shot and got away with it at that moment.


    YOur QB went on well aware for 5 plays.

    The Clowney hit wasn't it

    Secondly.. I cannot fathom how people believe people should value the QB over their own health

    Keep your head up on that hit and you maybe snapping your neck.

    Tell wentz to slide.



    I SERIOUSLY.. cannot believe you are STILL here.

    You do know none of our opinions mean anything right? No fine, hes not a dirty player, a good majority of the fines your fans have posted were overturned .... because you know what... its football.


    Was our QB knocked out? Nope, because he's clearly not a sissy as Wentz has proven..

    Also again.. your QB was in for 5 plays AFTER THE FACT....
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 71
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:45 am
  • balakoth wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image


    I love how ones of these is a head.. to the CHEST...

    Grasping for straws at this point

    Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

    The hit last week was SOOO bad, Wentz still went on to play the series.

    Yep... I feel for ya


    The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

    Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

    Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.
    bdawk20
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 11
    Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:10 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

    Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

    Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.


    You're seeing what you want to see, and dismissing what I and others have repeatedly said.

    I'll try to explain another way...

    He lowers his head because when you lower your torso/shoulder, the head naturally follows. He leads with his shoulder. Wentz unexpectedly takes a downward trajectory. Clowney misses the original anticipated point of contact. His momentum, along with gravity, carries him downwards to Wentz and unfortunately, helmet to helmet contact is made.

    The comments about Wentz being a "sissy" are obviously meant in a joking way to play back at some of your silly banter. It's hard to believe you're taking it in a serious way and responding to it.

    Eye test? Clowney plays aggressively. To you, that may seem dirty. Maybe it's because of his flowing locks? Kinda looks like the predator, right?
    Mindsink
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 437
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:29 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:55 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:
    balakoth wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image


    I love how ones of these is a head.. to the CHEST...

    Grasping for straws at this point

    Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

    The hit last week was SOOO bad, Wentz still went on to play the series.

    Yep... I feel for ya


    The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

    Running backs do it all the time, do you think it's dangerous then? And much has happened to Wilson on several occasions but no one cares, I'm sure you didn't either

    Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

    That isn't what happened. Why do you keep lying? Wentz wasn't down and Clowney didn't spear him. You can clearly see that in the slow mo. In real time it's plain as day.

    Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.

    [/quote]

    Everything you provided is opinion except posting Clowneys fines. It's your opinion it was a cheap shot, your opinion he is dirty, your opinion he was trying to take out Wentz, your opinion he speared Wentz when on the ground despite the replay showing otherwise. You also keep ignoring the fact Wentz kept playing after the hit and it didn't even look bad in real time.

    If your goal is to make eagle fans look ignorant, then good job
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1476
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 am
  • And hoping that Russ gets blasted? Extra classy. And for the record, he gets smoked after the play ALL THE FLIPPEN TIME. It just rarely gets called.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15481
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image



    So here's the full video of that first picture, and shows why still shots for things in motion are just stupid. He does contact the face mask at first but his hand moves to Foles' shoulder pad immediately after. Great tackle, great play.

    https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/stat ... 3614382081


    Also the second one looks to be at the one minute mark of this video, this is a normal football play. You may notice he's pushed towards Foles by #63 and then does not fall on top of Foles after the hit like he could have. You guys need to quit crying and just go away.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYTra8NqOQ
    Last edited by potatohead33 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
    potatohead33
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:57 pm


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:31 am
  • Absolutely and unequivocably not !
    As a Texans' fan I've watched every game he's played for us since we drafted him in 2014.
    I can remember in particularly a couple of very big plays that were game changing where JDC strip-sacked
    former Colts QB Andy Luck and Clowney seemed to make a special effort to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact,
    but we all know these types of collisions can't be totally avoided in every instance in todays NFL play.
    The athlets are just too quick & fast and the action is so bang-bang that shixx does happen from time to time
    for guys like Clowney who are often in the middle of the action.
    jdc90
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:34 am
  • Nope, dirtiest player in the league. And the Hawks only won because Wentz got knocked out of the game by said dirty player. Even though he was in there for 5 more plays AFTER the hit. roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15481
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:10 pm
  • bdawk20 wrote:
    balakoth wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

    Image


    I love how ones of these is a head.. to the CHEST...

    Grasping for straws at this point

    Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

    The hit last week was SOOO bad, Wentz still went on to play the series.

    Yep... I feel for ya


    The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

    Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

    Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.




    Actually, there were quite a few Fletcher Cox things posted in this thread. Did you check those out? Maybe if Clowney starts punching people in the face like Cox he could get off your "dirty player" list.....

    I cant imagine losing to a team and remaining on their board for 5 days after my season was over. Yikes.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    I thought you were showing us evidence of Clowney being a dirty player.

    You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

    Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.


    Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

    https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

    mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

    Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.


    https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl




    Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

    https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

    Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.



    You said you were sorry. Then you continued taking shots.

    You said you were done talking about it. But just changed your username and continued.

    It is starting to get concerning at this point.


    That is not me bro. Bdawk20 is just anther salty mofo and with great reason to be. He makes some good points. You go BDawk...These dudes are cool BDawk...



    The similarities between you "two" are striking. ;)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:21 pm
  • Conrad Dobler was the dirtiest player I have ever seen....Clowney isn't in the conversation about dirty.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dobler

    This is how the NFL takes care of their players.......Now disabled, Dobler has had nine knee replacements. Still in need of further surgeries, Dobler, like many other disabled pro football veterans, has been unable to gain disability assistance from the NFL
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Conrad Dobler was the dirtiest player I have ever seen....Clowney isn't in the conversation about dirty.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dobler

    This is how the NFL takes care of their players.......Now disabled, Dobler has had nine knee replacements. Still in need of further surgeries, Dobler, like many other disabled pro football veterans, has been unable to gain disability assistance from the NFL


    Yeah Dobler would do stuff like eat something vile and puke in front of the opposition, spit in their face, grab their nuts in a pile up, rub some bad stuff on his uniform where the opposition would grab, actually $h!t his pant sitting on another player head as well.

    Then was his play, knees late hit's punches, kicks extra shots after the whistle etc.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31856
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:14 pm

Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:36 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1215803618097598465



    As expected since he didnt do anything malicious.

    Good lord this week was full of drama queens over this. Glad the NFL made the right choice and we can move on.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm
  • Eagles fans can kindly now go piss up a Crisco'd pole.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3274
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW


Previous


It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Bobblehead, Google [Bot] and 344 guests