Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Clowney a dirty player?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Is Clowney a dirty player?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 am

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:Good morning mates. Here is the take from one of yours. I have to admit that this does look a bit shady on DCs part.

https://twitter.com/chrisgailus/status/1213950624141697025

Again... this is just another example of lazy analysis of a slow-mo video clipped to make it appear Clowney was tracking and targeting Wentz's head.

It's short-sighted, and quite frankly, the people on the side of "dirty hit" are the same type of people whose minds are easily manipulated.

Imagine yourself running at that speed towards another human being, then at the instant you see them dive forward, try to aim your head at theirs. I bet you would miss every time. And if you do happen to connect, it would only be by sheer luck.

Then imagine that same challenge, except this time, you're primary objective is to bring the other person down, and you don't know if or when he will trip or dive forward. You'd have to have the reflexes of Spiderman where the world around you slows down to be able to connect head to head.

The notion that Clowney was able to connect helmet to helmet on purpose at that speed is absurd.
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:54 am
  • ...And Florio's PFT runs a story about Clowney calling Eagles fans the worst in the world: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... the-world/

I also found this: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/

“A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up,” the league’s online rules say. “Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.”

Since 2018, that's been the rule: Even if going head first, once the QB has given himself up, he is not supposed to be hit. Then again, when defenders are already mid-leap, they don't get penalized under the slide rule.

That's what I think happened here initially with the no-call--it could've gone either way. And after that, the refs didn't have the PR issue of no-calling it with an unconscious QB lying on the field. The no-call became vastly more important when Wentz was ruled out several plays later after the decision had been made. That's why the NFL is reviewing Clowney for fines, because if that same hit had ended in with Wentz being unconscious on the field, it gets called if there's any gray area.

Clowney easily could have gotten a penalty, but it isn't his fault he didn't. It is totally his fault that he baited Philadelphia fans through the Inquirer of all people. They'd just lost their QB, they'd just lost their playoffs, and he's there telling the world Philly fans are the worst, booing him when he was a "friendly guy." Talk about inflaming the situation.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:06 am
  • I rewatched the broadcast of the game. After that tackle of Wentz there was zero reaction from the Eagles players, zero reaction from Wentz, zero reaction from the Eagle's sideline, no discernable groan from the crowd and not even a mention from the announcers. Wentz played the next five plays and looked like himself. Seemed clear headed, made adjustments at the line, completed a pass for first down, etc. So the play was not worthy of a mention until Wentz has to walk into the locker room.

IMO, this was a typical borderline hit you will see in playoff football. If Clowney would have been flagged we would probably all agree it was close enough to justify the call. There was no egregious intent to injure, it was a bang, bang play. The outrage is based purely on the result but being twisted into the intent.
    SoCalSeahawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:20 am
  • He turned sideways. This is football, guys get hit. Is this really what the game is becoming?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:18 am
  • SoCalSeahawk wrote:I rewatched the broadcast of the game. After that tackle of Wentz there was zero reaction from the Eagles players, zero reaction from Wentz, zero reaction from the Eagle's sideline, no discernable groan from the crowd and not even a mention from the announcers. Wentz played the next five plays and looked like himself. Seemed clear headed, made adjustments at the line, completed a pass for first down, etc. So the play was not worthy of a mention until Wentz has to walk into the locker room.

This. No one knew anything even happened until he went to locker room.
    EWA
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:25 am
  • SoCalSeahawk wrote:I rewatched the broadcast of the game. After that tackle of Wentz there was zero reaction from the Eagles players, zero reaction from Wentz, zero reaction from the Eagle's sideline, no discernable groan from the crowd and not even a mention from the announcers. Wentz played the next five plays and looked like himself. Seemed clear headed, made adjustments at the line, completed a pass for first down, etc. So the play was not worthy of a mention until Wentz has to walk into the locker room.

IMO, this was a typical borderline hit you will see in playoff football. If Clowney would have been flagged we would probably all agree it was close enough to justify the call. There was no egregious intent to injure, it was a bang, bang play. The outrage is based purely on the result but being twisted into the intent.

I saw one of their O-lineman protesting to the refs, that was it.

You could literally slow down every play in the NFL and see penalties, and maybe Clowney's hit was a penalty after slowing it down and looking at it over and over...........but in real time real speed? Anyone can see why the refs just thought it was a routine out of the pocket bang bang tackle.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:...And Florio's PFT runs a story about Clowney calling Eagles fans the worst in the world: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... the-world/

I also found this: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/

“A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up,” the league’s online rules say. “Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.”

Since 2018, that's been the rule: Even if going head first, once the QB has given himself up, he is not supposed to be hit. Then again, when defenders are already mid-leap, they don't get penalized under the slide rule.

That's what I think happened here initially with the no-call--it could've gone either way. And after that, the refs didn't have the PR issue of no-calling it with an unconscious QB lying on the field. The no-call became vastly more important when Wentz was ruled out several plays later after the decision had been made. That's why the NFL is reviewing Clowney for fines, because if that same hit had ended in with Wentz being unconscious on the field, it gets called if there's any gray area.

Clowney easily could have gotten a penalty, but it isn't his fault he didn't. It is totally his fault that he baited Philadelphia fans through the Inquirer of all people. They'd just lost their QB, they'd just lost their playoffs, and he's there telling the world Philly fans are the worst, booing him when he was a "friendly guy." Talk about inflaming the situation.

Did you read the whole article? I don't know if the rule was changed back but it clearly isn't being enforced and this is probably why:

"“It’s a big change this year,” line judge Rusty Baynes told ESPN. “Because if you were a runner or a quarterback and you dove head first you could, if you were untouched, get all of that slide. If you went head first. Now, you cannot. It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the goal line.”

Interesting indeed: Imagine it’s fourth-and-goal in the final seconds of the game, a quarterback whose team trails by five points drops back to pass, then sees an opening in the middle of the field, runs toward the end zone, and just as a linebacker approaches at the 1-yard line the quarterback dives head-first into the end zone. That won’t be a game-winning touchdown anymore. It will be the quarterback giving himself up at the 1-yard line. The first time that happens, there’s going to be outrage from players, coaches and fans of the losing team."
    Torc
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    CHawk wrote:Granted I'm in Philly territory but the Eagles fans are really claiming Clowney has always been a dirty player. I didn't watch many Houston games but I don't remember any plays this he was even close to being dirty.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

LOL! Give them a towel to cry in. Besides, McCown did a better job than Wentz.

Methinks Philly got rid of the wrong QB?

My thoughts also.McCowan looked like he could do more damage than Wentz.
    beaumaris
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 pm
  • beaumaris wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    CHawk wrote:Granted I'm in Philly territory but the Eagles fans are really claiming Clowney has always been a dirty player. I didn't watch many Houston games but I don't remember any plays this he was even close to being dirty.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

LOL! Give them a towel to cry in. Besides, McCown did a better job than Wentz.

My thoughts also.McCowan looked like he could do more damage than Wentz.

Methinks that is an ignorant and silly question. I now question your football IQ.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm
  • Ignore them ClippedBird. This is like 9er fans telling us that Mullens was better than Garropolo, because until a couple weeks ago, he'd been the only one to beat Seattle.

That said, can you opine on why Sunfeld wasn't activated? His injury was what prompted the Eagles to reach out to McCown, but Sunfeld remained low man on the QB pole even after getting healthy.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm
  • I have not seen or heard that Wentz was indeed giving himself up. To my untrained eye he was running to get all he could get. The hit was not dirty and calling it so is another example of victim wagoning.(jumping on after the fact). It was a football play and Wentz was the unfortunate recipient of the play. Calling Clowney dirty or the play dirty is the real crime here.
    BubbaGump
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm
  • Do people still forget that the Hawks dominated Philly WITH Wentz already this season?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Is Clowney a dirty player?
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:37 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:An Eagles fan pulling for the Packers. He must be a new fan.

The trash talk and overall whinging needs to move to the Shack.

It has happened to Russell. He’s taken at least one helmet-to-helmet hit this year that didn’t draw a flag. No, we weren’t happy about it, but we didn’t claim the opposing player was a dirty player due to a single play.

Edit to add photo of the referenced play.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 pm
  • Shoot, how many times has be been drilled after a slide, way after a pass? It happens a lot. At least once in a while he actually gets a roughing call. How does one hit that should have drawn a 15 yard flag make a guy a "dirty player??"
    If that's the case, the league is full of dirty players.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:28 pm
  • Here's a take from someone whos been there dun that. Just really reinforces the fact that people calling for Clowney to be ejected, punished, or calling him dirty really have no clue what they are talking about.

https://youtu.be/UL8gXzXi2fI
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm
  • I shouldnt have called it a dirty hit. I dont know what his thought were. It looked to me like he was aiming with his head but it could have been his shoulder but the head just got there first. I looked at it how I would feel if Wilson was hit like that.
    If that long haired punk with the Rams hit Wilson like that I believe everyone here would have called it a dirty hit. I would have.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 pm
  • No, I'm sure he takes showers daily.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:47 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:An Eagles fan pulling for the Packers. He must be a new fan.

It has happened to Russell. He’s taken at least one helmet-to-helmet hit this year that didn’t draw a flag. No, we weren’t happy about it, but we didn’t claim the opposing player was a dirty player due to a single play.

Was Russell knocked out of that game?
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:54 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:

The end result (injury or not) doesn't make a play dirty. Its the intent of the aggressor.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:58 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:Interesting take from former NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira. Pereira is saying to look at it in real time not slow motion. In real time it is obvious that he drops the head and takes a shot according to Pereira.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/mike-pereira-nfls-former-vp-officiating-calls-clowney-hit-cheap-shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sw0N26tHo

And yet hes not expected to get fined. So theres that.

Clowney has no terrible history of malicious play. All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

What's more likely, that a guy considered to be a clean player suddenly tries to concuss a fellow player, or that a guy running full speed trying to make a play hurts him on accident?

Clowney has earned the benefit of the doubt. Give it to him.

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.
    Last edited by Hawkpower on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:01 pm
  • Here it is real time. Start at around 38 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILnSSsH6Ac

I watched it a bunch. I have never seen a more hidden yet devastating hit. I have to give it to Clowney there. He took a shot and got away with it at that moment.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 pm
  • All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

What's more likely, that a guy considered to be a clean player suddenly tries to concuss a fellow player, or that a guy running full speed trying to make a play hurts him on accident?

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.[/quote]

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:10 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.[/quote]

Disagree. Clowney isn't a dirty player and has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Time to let it go.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:13 pm
  • The play was not bush league. Carson Wentz was running to make a play and never made an attempt to give himself up. He got injured in the process of being tackled. To say that the play was Bush League is just flat out ridiculous. THIS IS FOOTBALL!
    BubbaGump
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:13 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.[/quote]
    Okay it was the dirtiest play ever and Clowney should have been instantly eject from the nfl, feel better?
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:32 pm
  • hburn21 wrote:
    ClippedBird wrote:All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.

Okay it was the dirtiest play ever and Clowney should have been instantly eject from the nfl, feel better?[/quote]

Even better, we all tell clippedeagle that Clowney is dirty, and in return clipped admits what he/she already knows: that Seattle wins the game anyway and this whole conversation is pointless in regards to the outcome of the game.

Seems like the best course of action in all honesty. We all get to move on.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:37 pm
  • I am done. No more Clowney from me. The game is over and talking about it anymore would be futile. Let's move on,
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:44 pm
  • After watching the play in real time it looks even more incidental
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:04 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote::34853_doh:
    Yeah, because the Niners players NEVER do that exact same thing. And the Niners didn't blast Russ over and over again after he slides.

No, it's ONLY the Seahawks who do this kind of thing. My goodness, is it time to put bubble wrap on the players???

Consider the source, a Niners troll.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:17 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:I am done. No more Clowney from me. The game is over and talking about it anymore would be futile. Let's move on,

Of course. You make posts about Clowney taking a cheap shot and spearing your QB with malicious intent, then when presented with logic, evidence, and player testimony as to how it wasn't malicious at all, you are done talking about it.

The only cheap shots were from people using still frames to try and damage a players reputation
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:21 am
  • To answer the op, yes he is...

You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

And in 2018

And in 2017

And was tied for 3rd in 2016

Clowney has been fined at least 5 times for roughing the passer.

Oct 2016 – $10,000 (vs Vikings)

Jan 2017 – $18,231 (vs Patriots)

Dec 2018 – $20,054 (vs Jets)

Dec 2018 – $40,110 (vs Eagles)

Oct 2019 – $21,056 (vs Browns)
    bdawk20
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...

Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

And in 2018

And in 2017

Clowney appealed and no fine levied for the hit on Foles

Cox is dirty

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/ ... 71102.html

Cox is dirty
    https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowbo ... notice-it/

Fletcher Cox DT PHI $9,115.00 Roughing the Passer Week 6

Fletcher Cox DT PHI $16,537.00 Roughing the Passer Week 1

Fletcher Cox DT PHI $21,000.00 Multiple Punches Week 5

There were too many for Malcolm Jenkins to list

In other words the NFL fines a lot and it's a rough sport.
    Last edited by Smellyman on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:45 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

And in 2018

And in 2017

I thought you were showing us evidence of Clowney being a dirty player.

You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:51 am
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

And in 2018

And in 2017

You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.

Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl

Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.
    bdawk20
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 am
  • Done talking about it? Nah, not quite yet :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:
    bdawk20 wrote:To answer the op, yes he is...

And in 2018

And in 2017

Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl

Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.

You said you were sorry. Then you continued taking shots.

You said you were done talking about it. But just changed your username and continued.

It is starting to get concerning at this point.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 am
  • I don't know what other eagles fan you think I am but clearly they did not do their job. You guys keep pushing this idea that he is not a dirty player and deserves the benefit of the doubt I have provided tons of examples of this guy being a dirty player, the only reason I made a profile was to educate you on clowney and his long and storied history of cheap shots. I'm sure the mods can see from my ip I'm obviously not whoever the hell you are talking to.
    bdawk20
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:58 am
  • Move on and accept that you lost to a better team. It's not hard to do. Excuses don't change that fact.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:44 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:I don't know what other eagles fan you think I am but clearly they did not do their job. You guys keep pushing this idea that he is not a dirty player and deserves the benefit of the doubt I have provided tons of examples of this guy being a dirty player, the only reason I made a profile was to educate you on clowney and his long and storied history of cheap shots. I'm sure the mods can see from my ip I'm obviously not whoever the hell you are talking to.

Cool he’s the dirtiest player ever, still lost.
    hburn21
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:12 am

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am
  • It's supposed to snow in Seattle next week. Thanks a lot Clowney.
    Everything used to Russ' fault, now it's all on you. All the sudden, Clowney is basically Lyle Alzado :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am
  • bdawk20 wrote:I don't know what other eagles fan you think I am but clearly they did not do their job. You guys keep pushing this idea that he is not a dirty player and deserves the benefit of the doubt I have provided tons of examples of this guy being a dirty player, the only reason I made a profile was to educate you on clowney and his long and storied history of cheap shots. I'm sure the mods can see from my ip I'm obviously not whoever the hell you are talking to.

You could literally do a montage of every single defensive player in the league like this making people think he's a dirty player.

Oh look, here's Fletcher Cox punching Zach Martin in the face, even made Undisputed.

Oh hey, here's Derek Barnett's dirty hit on Jamaal Williams that had to be carted off the field.

Are these guys "dirty" players? Or are these guys just like Clowney, high motor ballers that are relentless defenders. Call it a penalty, idk, sure looks like he led with his shoulder first before the helmet made contact to me, just as the ref said post game.

But GTFO with Clowney's a dirty player. This is football, sorry your QB got knocked out, but enough already with this nonsense.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 am

OK....we are now educated.....now head back to the woods please!! :roll:

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 am
  • Pretty soon, he will be folding his arms and calling Clowney a poopy head.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:56 pm
  • Shocking news here. Mike “the ass clown” Pereira said Clowney’s hit was a cheap shot. This guy really dislikes the Seahawks. Get ready for his chime in’s during the Packers game and on EVERY questionable call he will side with the Cheeseheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 pm
  • Stanley wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:anybody have the clip of RW sliding, giving himself up and getting drilled in the back. He winced in pain and I thought it could be bad.

No complaining, just another cheap shot on RW when he slides. Seahawks are pretty used to it.

Not true, Wilson tends to slide really late when defenders have already begun their approach.

This is also a completely different situation than the Clowney hit.

Clowney clearly went out of his way to intentionally lead with his head/shoulder in order to deliver a bigger blow to back of Wentz.

This is a fascinating case of human psychology. This play is 100 times clearer than Hollister and his non OFFENSIVE PI call. Yet the Seahawk fan can’t admit it.

As Clowney was falling , being a math/physics major, he quickly calculated that as his speed was "x" mm/sec and Wentz's speed was "y" mm/sec and the angle was at exactly "A" degrees that if he held his head at position "Z" he would impact Wentz helmet at point "P".
    Plain as day.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:06 pm
  • ClippedBird wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:

No. His head didn’t hit the turf.

Also, Wentz played several plays after Clowney tackled him, so we don’t even know for certain that it was that hit that caused the concussion. Could have been the hard hit from Ansah to his back several plays later or the combo of the two.

It’s football. The vast majority of players don’t want to see anyone hurt because they know it could also happen to them. The Burfict types are rare, and there is no evidence that Clowney is that kind of player.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information