Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The running game...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The running game...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:50 pm
  • Last week...well in the 2nd half I thought they used Homer well on some creative plays to the outside avoiding the middle as much as possible. Let's face it Homer looks like he weighs a 175 lbs....running up the gut wont work. So...why the change from last week? Very good D last week and Homer did well. We need to have at least some resemblance of a run game.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: The running game...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:51 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Last week...well in the 2nd half I thought they used Homer well on some creative plays to the outside avoiding the middle as much as possible. Let's face it Homer looks like he weighs a 175 lbs....running up the gut wont work. So...why the change from last week? Very good D last week and Homer did well. We need to have at least some resemblance of a run game.

Not really, outside of Wilson we had no e today, as long as we go quick passing we are fine.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:56 pm
  • Their D is 3rd in the league against the run, we had Hunt, Haynes and Fant or Jones in the game, we were not going to get 174 yards like last time, we had to use what we had to keep the LB's up to the line so the WR's had space and it worked, those complaining about the run game have to look at the bigger picture. To stop the pass they would have had to concede the run.

Basically they told Wilson, Lockett, Moore and DK to beat them, they did.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Their D is 3rd in the league against the run, we had Hunt, Haynes and Fant or Jones in the game, we were not going to get 174 yards like last time, we had to use what we had to keep the LB's up to the line so the WR's had space and it worked, those complaining about the run game have to look at the bigger picture. To stop the pass they would have had to concede the run.

Very well put though I would have enjoyed seeing more play action on first down.
    tersal
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:16 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Last week...well in the 2nd half I thought they used Homer well on some creative plays to the outside avoiding the middle as much as possible. Let's face it Homer looks like he weighs a 175 lbs....running up the gut wont work. So...why the change from last week? Very good D last week and Homer did well. We need to have at least some resemblance of a run game.

I agree. It’s the one negative I am bringing out of this game. Hopefully they learned from it and get back to putting him in space. I love seeing him hit the edge at full speed. I cringe when he heads towards the line
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:20 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Their D is 3rd in the league against the run, we had Hunt, Haynes and Fant or Jones in the game, we were not going to get 174 yards like last time, we had to use what we had to keep the LB's up to the line so the WR's had space and it worked, those complaining about the run game have to look at the bigger picture. To stop the pass they would have had to concede the run.

Great post!
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:59 pm
  • Hope to see more check down or Wilson roll out pass to lynch . Today was small example of what marshawn can do as a receiver.. Especially liked 3rd and 1 play which in past years worked majority of the time. Russ has option to keep during planned rolled out or hit rb,te or wr moving with him
    Uhearditherefirst
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:31 pm
  • It was a pleasant surprise to see them use Marshawn in the passing game!
    He made a nice catch too, almost made it look easy, when it wasn't.
    SF's defense basically disregarded the pass in week 17 when Marshawn was in.
    Another week of practice, we talkin bout practice, and Marshawn gets even more involved as a pass receiving option.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information