Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ask an Eagles fan

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Ask an Eagles fan
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:12 am
  • Hello from Philadelphia. Good luck this weekend. Probably the 2 most beat up teams in the NFL right now but with Wilson and Wentz going at full strength hopefully it'll still be a good game. I'm bored and off this whole week so figured I'd start an "ask an Eagles" fan post if you guys had any questions or trash talk.

Injury wise it sounds as if Sanders and hopefully Lane Johnson will be back for the game. Lane in particular is huge because we recently lost Brooks over on that right side as well. Ertz is listed as a game time decision but with a lacerated kidney that seems really really unlikely. Goedert is as good of a TE2 as any in the league (and better than a lot of TE1s) but still missing Ertz is huge. Our WRs are still literal garbage. If we manage to beat you guys Desean Jackson comes back which would be a big boost but this week it'll be Arcega-Whiteside, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis and Greg Ward...dream big. One thing to remember about Ward is he was a college QB so I wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery with him at some point.

It's a little ridiculous we have home field advantage but I'll take it. Eagles D is much better at home than away this year (3.8 rushing yards per attempt and 6.4 passing yards per attempt at home vs 4.3 and 8.0 away). Our secondary has been hit hard by injuries in the beginning of the year but have stepped it up big the past few weeks. They're still getting beat on deep routes though even during this winning streak. Terry McLaurin abused us and we definitely got lucky on a few missed deep balls by Manning Jones and Prescott. Jim Schwartz usually lives and dies by the blitz but I'm not so sure if that's the best strategy with Wilson so we'll see what he does there. Eagles DL is still very deep and has been great at outlasting OLs with big 4th quarters.

Well anyway, I'm rambling at this point. As I said happy to answer any questions.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Ask an Eagles fan
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:42 am
  • My biggest question--how did you get those PS guys up to speed so quickly?

Even Pederson said, last time we played, that there was only a "long shot" of making the playoffs. That's from your own head coach.

And then they got Boston Scott. Greg Ward. When Ertz went down, Dallas popped right up. You paid your tackle the most in the league, and right after that he's out.

But you guys are doing...better actually WITHOUT your starters.Even ones you signed a couple weeks ago.

How do you guys do it?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:46 am
  • We're Seahawks fans. We can't really complain about traveling in the playoffs to a team with a worse record. We wrote the book on winning our division as a squeaker and hosting a 10+ win wild card. ;)

Thanks for the info. Showing a good attitude, so you'll probably do well around here. Like you said, hopefully it'll be a good game.

:snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:57 am
  • It seemed like last time your WRs weren't getting separation/weren't getting open (finding the open spots in zone) plus Wentz' arm wasn't the most accurate that day; I sort of recall there was an acknowledged injury, but Wentz wasn't right.
    Will those two things be different? WRs vastly improved, or not so much? And is Wentz healthy and accurate again?

Why did the team release Ajayi? I always thought he ran a lot like Marshawn Lynch, and in the SB you guys won, and playoffs, it seemed like something good nearly always happened when he got the ball. Is he constantly injured/declining production, is there a locker room or off-field issue, or what? The timing of releasing a guy like that also seems strange, from a team loyalty* to player standpoint, though I get it was probably about roster spots in some manner.

* Team loyalty to player - yes, our front office seems to put effort into doing right by players who have put their bodies on the line for the team. Not saying that's unique to us, just puzzled by releasing Ajayi rather than IR or other option.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:03 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:My biggest question--how did you get those PS guys up to speed so quickly?

Even Pederson said, last time we played, that there was only a "long shot" of making the playoffs. That's from your own head coach.

And then they got Boston Scott. Greg Ward. When Ertz went down, Dallas popped right up. You paid your tackle the most in the league, and right after that he's out.

But you guys are doing...better actually WITHOUT your starters.Even ones you signed a couple weeks ago.

How do you guys do it?

Absolutely no clue. Makes even less sense though when you think about how bad we have been at drafting WRs and RBs. We haven't drafted an above average WR in 10 years (Maclin 2009). Outside of Sanders and maybe Dion Lewis (who we promptly traded away 2 years after drafting) we haven't drafted a good RB in 10 years either (McCoy 2009).

Gotta respect for Pederson Groh and Staley I guess for accumulating and developing solid depth. Having a good QB certainly helps as well. Wentz is the first QB in history to put up 4000 yards without a single WR to get over 500.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:22 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:It seemed like last time your WRs weren't getting separation/weren't getting open (finding the open spots in zone) plus Wentz' arm wasn't the most accurate that day; I sort of recall there was an acknowledged injury, but Wentz wasn't right.
    Will those two things be different? WRs vastly improved, or not so much? And is Wentz healthy and accurate again?

Why did the team release Ajayi? I always thought he ran a lot like Marshawn Lynch, and in the SB you guys won, and playoffs, it seemed like something good nearly always happened when he got the ball. Is he constantly injured/declining production, is there a locker room or off-field issue, or what? The timing of releasing a guy like that also seems strange, from a team loyalty* to player standpoint, though I get it was probably about roster spots in some manner.

* Team loyalty to player - yes, our front office seems to put effort into doing right by players who have put their bodies on the line for the team. Not saying that's unique to us, just puzzled by releasing Ajayi rather than IR or other option.

Wentz has definitely seemed to improve as the year has gone on. He has had some dings throughout the year but I'm not sure we'll ever know the extent of how much it affected him or how long last years back surgery lingered. As far as the WRs I wouldn't say they're improved. Matthews, Arcega-Whiteside, Ward were the WRs when we went against you last time. Arcega-Whiteside was supposed to be a hands/size/possession receiver guy but still looks like he needs time to develop. Matthews obviously has always been a middling slot guy. The 2 new guys in Burnett and Davis are a bit speedier which I think is important for this offense (even the short time we had Desean I think that became obvious). Also Ward and Wentz have developed an even better rapport.

Ajayi was a free agent to begin the year coming off a torn ACL. They brought him back mid year after Sproles went down but he didn't play much and wasn't super effective when he did. After a few games we had accumulated more injuries, had Sanders breaking out and Howard set to return so unfortunately it was the smart move. Couldn't IR him because he wasn't technically injured. I was bummed by Ajayi not panning out too. Never heard anything bad about him as a player etc, unfortunately with him it's the knees. Even before the torn ACL it was well documented that he had chronic/potentially degenerative knee issues that seem like they have sapped him.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:24 am
  • DEagle7 wrote:We haven't drafted a good RB in 10 years either (McCoy 2009).

Gotta respect for Pederson Groh and Staley I guess for accumulating and developing solid depth. Having a good QB certainly helps as well. Wentz is the first QB in history to put up 4000 yards without a single WR to get over 500.

I've been following your team since the Giants first matchup. I wish we had someone like Boston Scott. Yeah, he's 5'6 and 205 but he moves like some classified military weapon out there.

This question always gets asked of opposing fans: Where are your biggest weaknesses right now? O-line w/Big V? First half? Second half? Are there things that get in Wentz's head?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:25 am
  • Do you think your 4 game winning streak is solely a function of playing crappier teams or have you seen some positive things that you believe translate to any opponent?
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:32 am
  • I agree Goedert is very good and is a number 1 on a lot of teams in the league. Miles Saunders has progressed nicely throughout the year and if healhty could be a big factor. Agree that your WR core is in shambles a bit with the injuries.

1. How do you rate your pass rush vs Wilson?
    2. Who is your little known intangible that could be a huge factor for your team?
    3. What are philly fans saying about the match up? Who are they concerned about the most? What do they think is a glaring weakness on our squad?
    4. Are there still any leadership concerns with Wentz?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:39 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:We haven't drafted a good RB in 10 years either (McCoy 2009).

I've been following your team since the Giants first matchup. I wish we had someone like Boston Scott. Yeah, he's 5'6 and 205 but he moves like some classified military weapon out there.

This question always gets asked of opposing fans: Where are your biggest weaknesses right now? O-line w/Big V? First half? Second half? Are there things that get in Wentz's head?

Big V is a weakness. He's an excellent backup but Brooks was an elite RG. We're going to miss him. Peters actually is finally showing his age too. He's still solid but he has had a crazy number of penalties this year too. Our secondary is extremely hot and cold. LeBlanc had been injured but recently came back and is playing out of his mind these past 2 games. Other than that Mills, Douglas, Maddox, Jones have all made some great plays and absolutely gotten torched too. WRs obviously have looked better recently but we lack an impact pass catcher outside of Goedert.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:43 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Do you think your 4 game winning streak is solely a function of playing crappier teams or have you seen some positive things that you believe translate to any opponent?

Yes?

The NFC East is always tough to predict. Hasn't been a back to back winner in about 15 years. We always play each other tight no matter how lopsided talent is. So I wouldn't discount those games completely, but I'd be lying if I said I would have expected that winnign streak against the Chiefs, Ravens and Packers of the league. Wentz has been the most notable improvement. He has been making some really spectacular throws and seems to really be stepping up at the right time.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:56 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:I agree Goedert is very good and is a number 1 on a lot of teams in the league. Miles Saunders has progressed nicely throughout the year and if healhty could be a big factor. Agree that your WR core is in shambles a bit with the injuries.

1. How do you rate your pass rush vs Wilson?
    2. Who is your little known intangible that could be a huge factor for your team?
    3. What are philly fans saying about the match up? Who are they concerned about the most? What do they think is a glaring weakness on our squad?
    4. Are there still any leadership concerns with Wentz?

1. That might be the difference in the game. Our DL is an elite run stopping unit, but as far as pass rush they don't always get the job done. They're a good disciplined unit though and they have been using more stunts and exotic looks/blitzes to get pressure recently. I worry about what they can do about someone as good vs the blitz as Wilson though. They have great depth though so IF they manage to stay in the game 4th quarter is when they tend to shine.
    2. They're not little known per se, but Kelce and Jenkins are way more important to our team than I think they get credit for. Both are elite at play recognition and making adjustments on the field and can easily be the difference in recognizing a mismatch/incoming blitz/deep ball etc. Having 2 guys like that with superbowl experience is huge IMO.
    3. Most of them are kind of tepidly optimistic. We won in 2017 without or starting QB, LT, MLB and more so the city kinda loves the underdog mentality. The thought is that we certainly aren't in as good of shape to win as most teams but Doug Pederson and Wentz can keep us in any match. Still most of them are worried about our lack of playmakers, our DBs, and injuries to our OL. Most fans seem to think we could win, not that we should if that makes sense.
    4. Nope, that narrative has gone out the window fast. Wentz has carried us the past 4 games.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:02 pm
  • Thanks for the insight and welcome. Good luck Dunday.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:19 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Thanks for the insight and welcome. Good luck Dunday.

Nice typo. It is gonna be Done-day for one of our teams. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 pm
  • This is (sorta) off-topic, but my nephew goes to Penn.

At the Christmas table, I brought up that this one really livid fan turned out to be the dean of admissions for that school. No but of course, they all knew him even though he admitted thousands of people. Pictures were shown.

And then there was earlier in the season where some dude catches this baby out of a burning building. He quipped that he was a better pass-catcher than Agulor, who promptly looked him up on Twitter and offered his family game tickets.

Philly has a cynical but fundamentally kind fan base. They remind me a lot of Seattle.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:59 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Thanks for the insight and welcome. Good luck Dunday.

Nice typo. It is gonna be Done-day for one of our teams. :twisted:

Not on purpose...oops.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:16 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:And then there was earlier in the season where some dude catches this baby out of a burning building. He quipped that he was a better pass-catcher than Agulor, who promptly looked him up on Twitter and offered his family game tickets.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dz7sFwpG6o[/youtube]

Guy is a legend. And yeah Nelson reached out to him and gave him tickets afterwards.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:This is (sorta) off-topic, but my nephew goes to Penn.

At the Christmas table, I brought up that this one really livid fan turned out to be the dean of admissions for that school. No but of course, they all knew him even though he admitted thousands of people. Pictures were shown.

And then there was earlier in the season where some dude catches this baby out of a burning building. He quipped that he was a better pass-catcher than Agulor, who promptly looked him up on Twitter and offered his family game tickets.

Philly has a cynical but fundamentally kind fan base. They remind me a lot of Seattle.

LOL.. hardly

Seattle is passive aggressive
    Phil is just aggressive and will let you know in a heart beat what displeases them.

I don't see any similarities, I mean, they booed Santa.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:This is (sorta) off-topic, but my nephew goes to Penn.

LOL.. hardly

Seattle is passive aggressive
    Phil is just aggressive and will let you know in a heart beat what displeases them.

I don't see any similarities, I mean, they booed Santa.

Santa had it coming
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:54 pm
  • I think Boston Scott is a secret weapon that's going to torch our defense.

Btw, our defense is terrible. They can't stop anything. And Kendricks going down really hurts. Cody Barton is not ready to play.
    We let Drake kill us a couple weeks ago, and we basically let any 49er running back run wild last week.

My question: Will the Eagles lean on Boston Scott? If so, what do you see his numbers being?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:I think Boston Scott is a secret weapon that's going to torch our defense.

Btw, our defense is terrible. They can't stop anything. And Kendricks going down really hurts. Cody Barton is not ready to play.
    We let Drake kill us a couple weeks ago, and we basically let any 49er running back run wild last week.

My question: Will the Eagles lean on Boston Scott? If so, what do you see his numbers being?

I'm probably in the minority in thinking losing kendricks will be ok, maybe even a good thing if Barton comes along, seemed to me that other than maybe the first half of the season, we haven't heard much from him unless he's getting burned. He's a good blitzer, but griffen has proven to be more of a problem.

I think losing kendricks and adding diggs makes us a completely different - good - defense.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:04 pm
  • DEagle7 - welcome to our forum, may the better team on the day win, with NO awful referee controversies. Simply great to read perfectly civilised conversation with fans of opposing teams. Without opponents... not much of a competition! :D

Game will be Monday morning here in Australia. Too early for a beer.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:23 pm
  • I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:37 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

Well considering they went after our players a few years ago and we had one go into the stands I would say not good.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:42 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

I was there for 15 years, they always had respect, but in turn they expected respect like wise. They arn't the little twits on the west coast who would antagonize you just for wearing opponent gear.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm
  • No questions..
    I like your"Ask a fan format"..Your answers are very good.
    Wish we had more posters here like yourself.
    Feel free to visit more as we have an NFL section as well.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

Well considering they went after our players a few years ago and we had one go into the stands I would say not good.

That was in Jacksonville
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 pm
  • Thanks for the insight on your team Deagle7, it is appreciated.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

That was in Jacksonville

No it was in Philly, they were pelting players with Snowballs and when we finished the game they dumped beer or liquid on the players and through some in their face as they went to the Tunnel, why the popcorn issue with the 49ers was laughable.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:25 pm
  • If Seahawks don't win this game I'll be officially calling for the fire of Pete Carroll. Philly isn't good this year this should be an easy win.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

That was in Jacksonville

No it was in Philly, they were pelting players with Snowballs and when we finished the game they dumped beer or liquid on the players and through some in their face as they went to the Tunnel, why the popcorn issue with the 49ers was laughable.

Dang my bad. What year was this? That's awful
    I started watching the Hawks in '98
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:07 am

I'm right down I95 in Delaware and I've been to a few games over the years and always wore a jersey. The Philly fans are usually pretty cool and will go back and forth with you in a fun kinda way, but don't try hanging a banner. I did that back when Warren Moon was the qb. I made a banner that said "Philly, you've just been MOONed on FOX " and as soon as I got to the railing after the first td to tie it on, all kinds of trash and beer and soda came flying over my shoulder into the endzone. It was hysterical. Good luck !
    DeSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:12 am
  • DEagle7 wrote:Hello from Philadelphia. Good luck this weekend. Probably the 2 most beat up teams in the NFL right now but with Wilson and Wentz going at full strength hopefully it'll still be a good game. I'm bored and off this whole week so figured I'd start an "ask an Eagles" fan post if you guys had any questions or trash talk.

Injury wise it sounds as if Sanders and hopefully Lane Johnson will be back for the game. Lane in particular is huge because we recently lost Brooks over on that right side as well. Ertz is listed as a game time decision but with a lacerated kidney that seems really really unlikely. Goedert is as good of a TE2 as any in the league (and better than a lot of TE1s) but still missing Ertz is huge. Our WRs are still literal garbage. If we manage to beat you guys Desean Jackson comes back which would be a big boost but this week it'll be Arcega-Whiteside, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis and Greg Ward...dream big. One thing to remember about Ward is he was a college QB so I wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery with him at some point.

It's a little ridiculous we have home field advantage but I'll take it. Eagles D is much better at home than away this year (3.8 rushing yards per attempt and 6.4 passing yards per attempt at home vs 4.3 and 8.0 away). Our secondary has been hit hard by injuries in the beginning of the year but have stepped it up big the past few weeks. They're still getting beat on deep routes though even during this winning streak. Terry McLaurin abused us and we definitely got lucky on a few missed deep balls by Manning Jones and Prescott. Jim Schwartz usually lives and dies by the blitz but I'm not so sure if that's the best strategy with Wilson so we'll see what he does there. Eagles DL is still very deep and has been great at outlasting OLs with big 4th quarters.

Well anyway, I'm rambling at this point. As I said happy to answer any questions.

Hey, man, I'm right down I95 from you in Delaware. Lately the Hawks have done well in Philly, but it looks like its shaping up to be a really good game. The Walking Dead Bowl, maybe, but good anyway. Good luck !
    DeSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:36 am
  • My so family has a beach house in Rehoboth. So are most locals there Philly fans?

I’ve only been in summer but Redskins gear predominated with Ravens a distant second
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:17 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:I think Boston Scott is a secret weapon that's going to torch our defense.

We are a run heavy offense so someone will be pounding the ball in all likelihood. Sanders is very likely to return though so if I had to guess if he returns even close to 100% he's going to get the majority of touches. I would guess Sanders will have somewhere around 15-20 rushes with 4-7 receptions. Scott 5-12 rushes with around 4-7 receptions. I do worry that missing Brandon Brooks will hurt their efficiency a bit but still given their performances this year I would guess YPC around 4 for Scott and 5 for Sanders (this is assuming Sanders is actually healthy).
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:20 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:DEagle7 - welcome to our forum, may the better team on the day win, with NO awful referee controversies. Simply great to read perfectly civilised conversation with fans of opposing teams. Without opponents... not much of a competition! :D

Too early for a beer? Amateur. :141847_bnono: (kidding of course)

Agreed, would love a good game not decided by refs or injuries. May the best team win.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 am

Eagles fans are a crazy bunch. In general though as long as you can roll with the punches a bit and aren't being obnoxious the worst you'll get is some boos and trash talk...in general. The parking lot is WAY worse than the stadium.

For example from my own personal experience in 2017 playoffs we hosted the Falcons. It was a tight game but no real issues happened in the stands. Falcons fans didn't really have much of an issue. In the superbowl parade after the win vs NE there were a big group of Saints fans for no good reason who just decided to join in and have fun and there were no issues there. The Vikings however decided to "take over the town" in the days leading up the NFC championship game. They went around town and threw jerseys on monuments/statues. They did chants on the art museum steps. In the parking lot and in the stands they were constantly talking as if they were a shoe in and this was just a technicality (guy right next to me was particularly obnoxious). Well that didn't go to well for them...
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:32 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:My so family has a beach house in Rehoboth. So are most locals there Philly fans?

I’ve only been in summer but Redskins gear predominated with Ravens a distant second

Yeah northern DE is mostly Philadelphia. Southern is mostly Washington (with a few Ravens). There are enough people with beach houses down there that you see some Eagles gear but not with the locals. Seems silly for a such a small state but that's just how it is for some reason.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:33 am
  • DeSeahawk wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:Hello from Philadelphia. Good luck this weekend. Probably the 2 most beat up teams in the NFL right now but with Wilson and Wentz going at full strength hopefully it'll still be a good game. I'm bored and off this whole week so figured I'd start an "ask an Eagles" fan post if you guys had any questions or trash talk.

Hey, man, I'm right down I95 from you in Delaware. Lately the Hawks have done well in Philly, but it looks like its shaping up to be a really good game. The Walking Dead Bowl, maybe, but good anyway. Good luck !

Spent plenty of time in DE. If you're in WIlmington check out Gaudiello's. Best game day hoagies in the area.

Good luck to you too.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:56 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:DEagle7 - welcome to our forum, may the better team on the day win, with NO awful referee controversies. Simply great to read perfectly civilised conversation with fans of opposing teams. Without opponents... not much of a competition! :D

It’s never too early for a beer. Show no weakness.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:24 am
  • What did you possibly do to make Sidney Jones not a superstar?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:35 am
  • Tical21 wrote:What did you possibly do to make Sidney Jones not a superstar?

Your guess is as good as mine. We're not as bad at drafting CBs as we are WRs but we can never seem to get over the hump of "mediocre at best" there.

Weirdly enough though with the injuries he has had to play the past few games and has made some big time plays. He and Cre'von LeBlanc have looked much better than our starters vs Dal and NYG who don't have terrible offenses, so maybe something has clicked. But yeah overall he has been a massive disappointment.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:37 am

• This is since Schwartz took over in 2016. I'd argue our D has taken a step back over the past 2 years but still home-field advantage is huge for us. Pretty sure the number jumps up to the mid 20s in away games.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 am
  • Looking less and less likely that Lane Johnson will be able to play. Pryor/Vaitai are really good backups but Brooks/Johnson are one of the best G/T combos in the league. It would be a huge loss.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 am
  • Sucks that both teams have so many injuries. The Hawks have been decimated by total games missed all season long too. Should be an ugly but fun game. And one thing Eagles and Hawks fans can always agree on: Eff the Cowboys!
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:13 am
  • You should start your backup QB and you will destroy us....Hahaha.

Seriously though we hosted a playoff game with a 7-9 record, and actually won it vs. the defending SB champs.

Anything can happen on any game day in this league. People saying it'll be and easy win have not been paying attention.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:14 am
  • If someone was going to visit Philadelphia for a week, what part of town should they stay in for the best combination of safety/dining/sight-seeing/etc. and what's a good area to avoid?

And did they ever fix the crack in that bell?
    Last edited by minormillikin on Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:15 am
  • Yeah, I can't imagine anyone thinking or saying it will be an easy game. We all know this will be an ugly one and likely go down to the wire. Cool, playoff time.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:16 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Sucks that both teams have so many injuries. The Hawks have been decimated by total games missed all season long too. Should be an ugly but fun game. And one thing Eagles and Hawks fans can always agree on: Eff the Cowboys!

Preach!
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:26 am
  • minormillikin wrote:If someone was going to visit Philadelphia for a week, what part of town should they stay in for the best combination of safety/dining/sight-seeing/etc. and what's a good area to avoid?

And did they ever fix the crack in that bell?

Rittenhouse and Society Hill area are the nicest parts of town in center city. Rittenhouse is closer to the Schuykill river, art museum, park, zoo and is busier with a bit more in the way of nice restaurants. Society Hill is right next to Old City which is where the Liberty Bell/Independence plaza is. Some cool beer gardens around there if you go at the right time of year and even a Winter beer garden on the Delaware river. Old City can get touristy though.

Both are central enough to get places although maybe a bit pricy. If you don't want to be right in the downtown spots or the hotels in those areas are too expensive lean towards going south instead of north. Graduate Hospital is just South of Rittenhouse and Queen's Village/Washington Square West/Bella Vista are below Old City. Much more of a rowhome vibe but walkable everywhere and still plenty of food etc. Don't get anything right off of South street, especially on the East side of the city. It gets really busy and rowdy at night.

Passyunk Square and Northern Liberties are cool areas too but a little isolated if you want to explore.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information