Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ask an Eagles fan

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Ask an Eagles fan
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:26 am
  • What is the talk out in Philly about that team in general? Seems to me from out here in South Alaska that he has done his best ever coaching job. To lose that many guys, and really good guy etc. and finish that strong? It's impressive. Seems like you guys clearly hired the right guy. Wentz is a damn good QB too, what is the opinion of him overall from the Philly fanbase. I know that can be quite the tough crowd out there. He looked very tentative against the Hawks last time. But the way he played in December, I expect a totally different QB.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:26 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:What is the talk out in Philly about that team in general? Seems to me from out here in South Alaska that he has done his best ever coaching job. To lose that many guys, and really good guy etc. and finish that strong? It's impressive. Seems like you guys clearly hired the right guy. Wentz is a damn good QB too, what is the opinion of him overall from the Philly fanbase. I know that can be quite the tough crowd out there. He looked very tentative against the Hawks last time. But the way he played in December, I expect a totally different QB.

General consensus is that Pederson has done a fantastic job this year, although that's not without some caveats. Since replacing Reich and DeFillipo in 2017 the offense hasn't had the same dominant feel to it so some people are questioning if they were a big part of the play calling. Still it's hard to tell how much that has to do with injuries. His leadership skills and the locker room culture he has cultivated are pretty universally respected.

No one really questioned Wentz's talent level but there were other concerns. Wentz almost bought himself an "injury prone" label and there was some concern that he wouldn't be able to change his game and stay healthy. There was also concerns because he never played in a playoff game yet so could he handle the pressure of those big time games. Also some talk that he forced it to his safety blanket in Ertz too much without going through proper reads and finding the best option. He has pretty much silenced those critics after the second half of the year though. Guy has been lights out with mostly practice squad players and a beat up OL for this whole second half.

As far as this game, most people seem to think we COULD win but are kinda split on if we will given our injuries and how we played you last time. I would go as far as to say if we weren't at home most fans would predict a loss. Still we play much better D at home and had a strong finish to the year, Wentz is playing out of his mind, and Doug has proven himself super ballsy in the playoffs.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:37 pm
  • The level of opponent play comes into question on your roll. Hawks lost 3 out of 4. 2 teams going in opposite directions it appears, but is it really?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:40 pm
  • Great breakdown Eagle. It can't be easy being the QB in Philly :shock:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:54 pm
  • Winning 5 games at home and 4 away, does it concern you or possibly the team that we have won more away games than we have home games?

Games for Philadelphia...

5-3 home SEA 4-4
    4-4 away 7-1
    5-1 Division 3-3
    7-5 Conference 8-4

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:13 pm
  • The stat I heard today on Wentz that is pretty damn impressive: He has thrown for over 4,000 yards, and not ONE of his receivers has more than 500 yards. Dayum
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:The level of opponent play comes into question on your roll. Hawks lost 3 out of 4. 2 teams going in opposite directions it appears, but is it really?

Definitely helps that we played (at least) 2 bad teams. NFC East divisional matchups are almost always closer games than they should be. Felt good to hold one of the better offenses in the league in Cowboys to zero TDs though.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:46 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Winning 5 games at home and 4 away, does it concern you or possibly the team that we have won more away games than we have home games?

5-3 home SEA 4-4
    4-4 away 7-1
    5-1 Division 3-3
    7-5 Conference 8-4

Eh not in and of itself. I'd still much rather face you on our turf than your own. But overall I think it shows the Hawks are disciplined and tough team that they can do damage in other team's house. I don't have the numbers off hand but even outside this year I seem to remember Wilson whooping up on us pretty regularly when we've met.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:48 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The stat I heard today on Wentz that is pretty damn impressive: He has thrown for over 4,000 yards, and not ONE of his receivers has more than 500 yards. Dayum

Ertz had over 900. But yeah it's pretty insane. Fans are basically clamoring for a first round impact WR to give him. Hell I'm even excited to see what he and DeSean Jackson can do together.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:56 pm
  • DEagle7 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The stat I heard today on Wentz that is pretty damn impressive: He has thrown for over 4,000 yards, and not ONE of his receivers has more than 500 yards. Dayum

Ertz had over 900. But yeah it's pretty insane. Fans are basically clamoring for a first round impact WR to give him. Hell I'm even excited to see what he and DeSean Jackson can do together.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that stat was for no WRs with over 500, which is still pretty remarkable. QBs almost always have their fave WR they go to when games are on the line.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:00 pm
  • DEagle7 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Winning 5 games at home and 4 away, does it concern you or possibly the team that we have won more away games than we have home games?

5-3 home SEA 4-4
    4-4 away 7-1
    5-1 Division 3-3
    7-5 Conference 8-4

Eh not in and of itself. I'd still much rather face you on our turf than your own. But overall I think it shows the Hawks are disciplined and tough team that they can do damage in other team's house. I don't have the numbers off hand but even outside this year I seem to remember Wilson whooping up on us pretty regularly when we've met.

Thank you. May it be a great game with no more injuries.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:00 pm
  • Can you win the game or not? Do you like your chances at home vs the Seahawks or don't you think you can win?
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:04 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:The stat I heard today on Wentz that is pretty damn impressive: He has thrown for over 4,000 yards, and not ONE of his receivers has more than 500 yards. Dayum

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that stat was for no WRs with over 500, which is still pretty remarkable. QBs almost always have their fave WR they go to when games are on the line.

Yup. That was Alshon for awhile but injuries really slowed him down this year even before the injury. Now I guess it's Greg Ward. Guy has surprised a lot of people but still, less than ideal.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:21 pm
  • SanDiego49er wrote:Can you win the game or not? Do you like your chances at home vs the Seahawks or don't you think you can win?

I think the Seahawks right now are the better team. Our RG, RT, TE1, RB2 (and maybe RB1?), WR1, WR2, WR3, CB1, DT2, and several others are all out. Wentz is great. Pederson is great. But this team is talent depleted. Wilson is a matchup nightmare for our blitz heavy defense too (and just defenses in general I guess). We're susceptible to speedy deep threats and Metcalf fits that bill.

Now CAN we win? Yup. Despite all its flaws, since Schwartz took over the defense in 2016 no team has allowed fewer PPG at home. Goedert was our TE2 but he's an athletic freak capable of being a #1 target and Sanders/Scott are a very dangerous RB combo. Wentz has proven he can make magic with scrubs. Jernigan/Graham/Cox are all fantastic run defenders and that is a big aspect of the Seahawk's offense.

So no I don't like our chances, but I do think it could be a tight battle that we are capable of winning.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:27 pm
  • DEagle7 wrote:
    Rittenhouse and Society Hill area are the nicest parts of town in center city. Rittenhouse is closer to the Schuykill river, art museum, park, zoo and is busier with a bit more in the way of nice restaurants. Society Hill is right next to Old City which is where the Liberty Bell/Independence plaza is. Some cool beer gardens around there if you go at the right time of year and even a Winter beer garden on the Delaware river. Old City can get touristy ...

Thanks a lot for all the info.
    :irishdrinkers:
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:
    Rittenhouse and Society Hill area are the nicest parts of town in center city. Rittenhouse is closer to the Schuykill river, art museum, park, zoo and is busier with a bit more in the way of nice restaurants. Society Hill is right next to Old City which is where the Liberty Bell/Independence plaza is. Some cool beer gardens around there if you go at the right time of year and even a Winter beer garden on the Delaware river. Old City can get touristy ...

Thanks a lot for all the info.
    :irishdrinkers:

Of course, enjoy the town. Do your research on the food once you settle on a location. There are some absolutely incredible restaurants downtown. Don't waste your time on cheesesteaks.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:14 pm
  • DEagle7 wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:Can you win the game or not? Do you like your chances at home vs the Seahawks or don't you think you can win?

I think the Seahawks right now are the better team. Our RG, RT, TE1, RB2 (and maybe RB1?), WR1, WR2, WR3, CB1, DT2, and several others are all out. Wentz is great. Pederson is great. But this team is talent depleted. Wilson is a matchup nightmare for our blitz heavy defense too (and just defenses in general I guess). We're susceptible to speedy deep threats and Metcalf fits that bill.

Now CAN we win? Yup. Despite all its flaws, since Schwartz took over the defense in 2016 no team has allowed fewer PPG at home. Goedert was our TE2 but he's an athletic freak capable of being a #1 target and Sanders/Scott are a very dangerous RB combo. Wentz has proven he can make magic with scrubs. Jernigan/Graham/Cox are all fantastic run defenders and that is a big aspect of the Seahawk's offense.

So no I don't like our chances, but I do think it could be a tight battle that we are capable of winning.

Wow that's pretty beat up. You are like as beat up as the Seahawks. That's a lot of injuries. I didn't know it was that bad. It's tough to win like that.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:35 pm
  • Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

Anyway, nice job. I've enjoyed reading all your posts.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:55 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

Thanks man. Writing isn't my job, but it's definitely something I enjoy. Side effect of growing up with an english teacher for a mother I guess.

Plus it's a good way to kill time til game day finally gets here.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:19 pm
  • Another question:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... on-agholor

How is Pederson's "coach-speak" to be deciphered here?

Here's an example of what I mean. With the 9ers, if a guy DNP for three days, or goes DNP again after a day of LP, he usually gets a "doubtful" tag. The Arizona Cardinals media pressed him on if he meant "out." He admitted it, then tried to take it back. But most media, most fans who listen to Shan know exactly what he's saying, even though he won't say it.

So with the Eagles, what's Pederson not saying that is obvious to Eagles fans/Philly locals/Philly media? Is he really intending on playing Ertz and Lane? Or is this strictly a gamesmanship move?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:44 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

:ditto: This guy is awesome. Thank you @Deagle7 for providing some excellent knowledge and thoughtful insight from the Eagles perspective.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:58 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Another question:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... on-agholor

How is Pederson's "coach-speak" to be deciphered here?

Here's an example of what I mean. With the 9ers, if a guy DNP for three days, or goes DNP again after a day of LP, he usually gets a "doubtful" tag. The Arizona Cardinals media pressed him on if he meant "out." He admitted it, then tried to take it back. But most media, most fans who listen to Shan know exactly what he's saying, even though he won't say it.

So with the Eagles, what's Pederson not saying that is obvious to Eagles fans/Philly locals/Philly media? Is he really intending on playing Ertz and Lane? Or is this strictly a gamesmanship move?

Doug plays things pretty close to the chest but he's not exactly Belichick either.

Sanders we pretty much always knew was a go. He has been resting a sprain but it wasn't supposed to be severe.

Johnson is interesting. He's a tough tough guy who taped up an ankle sprain last year. He's also about to hit the 4 week mark of an injury expected to require 4-6 weeks. Most fans expected him to force it back for this game. So to me, the fact that Pederson is so pessimistic sounding makes me think Lane is more and more of a long-shot.

Ertz is almost the opposite and definitely the most mysterious. With a lacerated kidney and a broken rib it seemed like there was zero chance he'd be on the field. But every report now is suggesting that he's getting closer to being cleared. At first it seemed like a ploy to make sure you guys had to scheme for him this week but I'm starting to believe it's real.
    If his kidney was truly lacerated that is a HUGE risk. So was it just a kidney bruise? Is he really risking his health for the playoffs? Will he be activated just as a decoy on the field? That I don't think anyone outside the staff can answer. I get why Doug is playing coy.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

:ditto: This guy is awesome. Thank you @Deagle7 for providing some excellent knowledge and thoughtful insight from the Eagles perspective.

My pleasure! I love talking football.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 am
  • Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:32 am
  • DEagle7 wrote:Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

GG, cheers :irishdrinkers:
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:53 am
  • Ask an Eagles fan and Carson Wentz if they feel robbed? They were robbed of a chance with a cheap shot to our franchise QB. Wentz was robbed off his first playoff game. Wentz could have been hurt much worse from that cheap shot (vertebrae). Clowney is a flipping jerk!!!!!
    ClippedBird
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:00 am
  • DEagle7 wrote:Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

Came in classy, stayed that way. Thanks for your pre-game insights and comments. Good luck next year!
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:06 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:Ask an Eagles fan and Carson Wentz if they feel robbed? They were robbed of a chance with a cheap shot to our franchise QB. Wentz was robbed off his first playoff game. Wentz could have been hurt much worse from that cheap shot (vertebrae). Clowney is a flipping jerk!!!!!

C'mon man there's no use playing the "what if" game. Yeah it's frustrating to go out like that and yes it should have been a flag but it's the NFL, things happen. There's no use coming in here and complaining about it.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 am
  • Come on, why is it that every time the Hawks win a game, it's always because of everything BUT their own performance? It sucked seeing Wentz go out, but the backup actually played better. And Clowney didn't hurt the guy on purpose, it's football. :?

Major props to the Eagles and their coaching staff. They have done an incredible job this year. Especially with what they had to work with.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 am
  • ClippedBird wrote:Ask an Eagles fan and Carson Wentz if they feel robbed? They were robbed of a chance with a cheap shot to our franchise QB. Wentz was robbed off his first playoff game. Wentz could have been hurt much worse from that cheap shot (vertebrae). Clowney is a flipping jerk!!!!!

Wentz was fighting for extra yards, every defender in the league tries to make that tackle. Should have been flagged sure, but piling on Clowney is borderline retarded. Honestly McCown gave the Eagles a legitimate shot at winning, as Wentz looked like a dear in headlights out there.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 am
  • Your team gave what they could. But were really decimated by injuries. I can't believe with all the WR's, TE injured. other injuries you lost your QB right away early in the game. Then you were down to a 40 year old back up QB. Just ridiculous. It was over from there. I can't believe how bad it was for your team. That's really dire straights. But they fought as hard as they could and gave it a shot.

It's best for your team to just use this off season to get fully healthy at all positions. This year was doomed. You can't win that injured. And you continued to get even more injured like at QB. Some years you have bad luck like that. It happens to every team different years. Position yourself for the draft, sign some valuable free agents and most importantly get fully healthy. There is some talent on your team. This was just not their year based on all that went against them.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 am
  • SanDiego49er wrote:Your team gave what they could. But were really decimated by injuries. I can't believe with all the WR's, TE injured. other injuries you lost your QB right away early in the game. Then you were down to a 40 year old back up QB. Just ridiculous. It was over from there. I can't believe how bad it was for your team. That's really dire straights. But they fought as hard as they could and gave it a shot.

It's best for your team to just use this off season to get fully healthy at all positions. This year was doomed. You can't win that injured. And you continued to get even more injured like at QB. Some years you have bad luck like that. It happens to every team different years. Position yourself for the draft, sign some valuable free agents and most importantly get fully healthy. There is some talent on your team. This was just not their year based on all that went against them.

Yeah sometimes it's just not your year. I mostly feel bad for Wentz for getting knocked out like that in his literal first playoff game after not being able to last year. The guy is a gamer and I know it's devastating for him (they had to bring his wife to the locker room after breaking the news to him about being out apparently). And the whole "they were better off with McCown" narrative is just silly. He's a great backup and a good mentor/coach but still Wentz has been special this year, especially in the RZ and 4th quarter. It's a shame he couldn't finish it out on his own terms.

But as you said even with Wentz the injuries were ridiculous and even without it the holes in the roster are clear, especially against this Seahawks team. Would having our #1 CB healthy and on Metcalf have made any difference? Darby is a decent player but yeah I don't think so. Would having Malik Jackson have been enough to get pressure on WIlson? Again good (potentially very good) player but I doubt it. Deep threats and mobile QBs are a clear weakness.

The good news at least is that most of our players should be healthy for the start of next year at least and we don't have any major players coming up on a big payday so we should have some money to play around with at least. Go big on WR, DB and pass rush in the draft/offseason and get people healthy (and hope that Dallas hires someone awful for their coach).
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:43 am

DEagle7,

Even as a Hawks fan, I'm not going to sit here and say I was completely comfortable with that no call.

And I definitely don't agree with how Clowney handled it afterward calling Philly fans the "worst in the world." That was completely uncalled for, trolling an entire grieving fanbase of a team that put forth probably the best "next man up" effort in football this year. So many other teams would and did call their season early, trading their good pieces, and going into Dolphins mode where fans were OK with losses for picks.

You guys didn't do that. You guys stayed season contenders through yesterday. When McCown came in, I thought, "This is where they give up." After all, McCown had written his goodbyes in the Players Tribune. He still flew back every week to coach his son's HS team. He unlike Brady had accepted Father Time's inevitability instead of descending into an delusion that avocado ice cream and homeopathic woo would keep him 25 forever. No one expected him to keep his team in it through three quarters of a playoff game. I'd be surprised if our QB2 or half the QB2s in the league could have done that well.

I've read bleedinggreen since our last game. And Eagles news through the season. My impression was that of a man who caught the baby "unlike Agolor" and had that WR find him on Twitter to give him and his family tickets. My impression is of a team who let high-schoolers play out their game at the Linc after a school shooting. A team and fans who went through being crushed by the Dolphins--the Dolphins!--and somehow got it together with PSquadders and gumption in the middle of a game where they were being beaten by Eli Manning by almost three scores.

I'm not going to focus on the legality of the Clowney hit here. There's another thread for that. But I think that what Clowney told the media afterward about the fans was beyond insulting. He needs to apologize for saying that, and I hope Pete makes him.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:05 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

DEagle7,

Even as a Hawks fan, I'm not going to sit here and say I was completely comfortable with that no call.

And I definitely don't agree with how Clowney handled it afterward calling Philly fans the "worst in the world." That was completely uncalled for, trolling an entire grieving fanbase of a team that put forth probably the best "next man up" effort in football this year. So many other teams would and did call their season early, trading their good pieces, and going into Dolphins mode where fans were OK with losses for picks.

You guys didn't do that. You guys stayed season contenders through yesterday. When McCown came in, I thought, "This is where they give up." After all, McCown had written his goodbyes in the Players Tribune. He still flew back every week to coach his son's HS team. He unlike Brady had accepted Father Time's inevitability instead of descending into an delusion that avocado ice cream and homeopathic woo would keep him 25 forever. No one expected him to keep his team in it through three quarters of a playoff game. I'd be surprised if our QB2 or half the QB2s in the league could have done that well.

I've read bleedinggreen since our last game. And Eagles news through the season. My impression was that of a man who caught the baby "unlike Agolor" and had that WR find him on Twitter to give him and his family tickets. My impression is of a team who let high-schoolers play out their game at the Linc after a school shooting. A team and fans who went through being crushed by the Dolphins--the Dolphins!--and somehow got it together with PSquadders and gumption in the middle of a game where they were being beaten by Eli Manning by almost three scores.

I'm not going to focus on the legality of the Clowney hit here. There's another thread for that. But I think that what Clowney told the media afterward about the fans was beyond insulting. He needs to apologize for saying that, and I hope Pete makes him.

Thanks man I appreciate it. The players/coaches/staff are a great bunch of guys and I'm proud of what they did this year on and off the field. As I said to the other Eagles fan here there's no use in getting too upset after the fact. Yeah it sucks to hear but the only thing we can do about it at this point is bring it next year.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 am
  • He is one hell of a football coach. Nothing short of amazing what he did with what he had to work with.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:17 am

You’re a grade a poster and couldn’t have represented your fellow Eagles fans any better than you have here. Your team won’t go thru this anomaly of injuries again next year as it tends to even out over time. You guys will be back in the hunt once again and the Hawks going to Philly again next season will be one of the toughest games on the schedule. You guys are over due to beat Seattle for sure.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:13 am
  • droop828 wrote:
    DEagle7 wrote:Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

You’re a grade a poster and couldn’t have represented your fellow Eagles fans any better than you have here. Your team won’t go thru this anomaly of injuries again next year as it tends to even out over time. You guys will be back in the hunt once again and the Hawks going to Philly again next season will be one of the toughest games on the schedule. You guys are over due to beat Seattle for sure.

We'll see about it evening out. Going on 3 years now of bad injury bugs so I certainly hope so. I'll probably hope back on this board before that game.
    DEagle7
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:22 am
  • Geez, now people are jumping on how bad the Philly fanbase is because they're salty. Fellow Hawks fans know damn well that if this had been RW and we lost that this whole board would be full-tilt. No shame in admitting it.

We play them next year. Hopefully they do the same as they did this year. Did anyone here really relish the idea of facing the Cowboys again? Two weeks of Bayliss plus ESPN and NFLN shading on RW while talking about "ooh, should Dak get paid? Will Jason Garrett get fired if he can get beyond the Seahawks?" Do we not hear enough about Dallas as it is? Their fellow division rivals and them alone can keep DAL from being part of the conversation. For this reason alone, we should thank them.

Instead of trying to defend Clowney, a beast of a man, for simpering publicly about death threats that he won't define (which is a p move that 13-yo girls make), maybe we should learn from Philly. Especially with the QB loss.

They had a QB3 in Sunfeld. They paid him all this season, but made him a healthy scratch who wasn't dressed for when McCown started visibly limping. McCown is old, but he also didn't get any No. 1 reps in practice. He wasn't prepared. Who knows what level Sunfeld had.

We should take those lessons for ourselves and do differently for next year. Whether we're going with Geno or a Geno-equivalent or a developmental, I'd like to know they were well practiced.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am
  • As long as you guys keep beating Mericas Tesm I'd be a fan. WR will be in surplus in FA so you guys will for sure surround Wentz with better weapons. Watching Mcowan after the game really humanizes these players. Good luck next year!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:19 am
  • DEagle7; salutations to you for your sportsmanship, knowledge and enthusiasm. You're a credit to your Philadelphia Eagles. Wishing you MUCH better fortune with injuries next year.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:49 am
  • DEagle7 is a damn good fan of his team, brings a lot w/out a bunch of accusations etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information