Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 pm
  • Look, there are some key things.

    Refs didnt review Ursuas catch (shouldnt called it a TD and reviewed it) because that's what they're supposed to do now right? Call it a TD and review it, change it if it wasnt. If the ref thought it was on the 1/2 inch line, obviously it was super close. I thought he caught and had possession over the plane. But they should've reviewed it.

    Give the injury timeout for Fant after 4th down conversion. That was complete BS.

    Yes it was our fault for delay of game, inexcusable.. however if the refs wouldve done EITHER of the 2 I mentioned, wouldve never even happened to begin with. And both of those 2 calls above wouldve won us the game EVEN IF it was ruled against us and a 10 sec runoff because of the timeout it gives us and gives us more time to call a play and substitutions.

    Then the PI on-call. Even if they reviewed it wouldve been somewhat acceptable. But nope.

    So what this tells me is the NFL Officials knew we didnt have a timeout and refused to give us a call to stop the clock. That is definitely one of the reasons. But more importantly, I truly believe that the nfl and officials didnt want to have the 49rs as the 5th seed. They are trying to setup 49rs for the best possible outcome pre-playoffs. Seahawks are a team I'm the NW and therefore isnt as "viewer friendly" as a 49rs team. If this was the other way around, the 49rs wouldve gotten those calls mentioned above. Guarenteed!

    Now with all fairness, even being screwed by the refs.. PETE AND SHOTTY is also to blame for the loss. How do you screw up that opportunity. Completely choked. Wouldn't be surprised if Pete and Shotty lost the locker room AGAIN after this. In a championship game so it stings just as hard as the SB game. And Pete had to get rid of players to get the locker room back too, and he repeated a very similar mistake again in a huge game.
    Kaznpak
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 pm


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 pm
  • Kaznpak wrote:Look, there are some key things.

    Refs didnt review Ursuas catch (shouldnt called it a TD and reviewed it) because that's what they're supposed to do now right? Call it a TD and review it, change it if it wasnt. If the ref thought it was on the 1/2 inch line, obviously it was super close. I thought he caught and had possession over the plane. But they should've reviewed it.

    Give the injury timeout for Fant after 4th down conversion. That was complete BS.

    Yes it was our fault for delay of game, inexcusable.. however if the refs wouldve done EITHER of the 2 I mentioned, wouldve never even happened to begin with. And both of those 2 calls above wouldve won us the game EVEN IF it was ruled against us and a 10 sec runoff because of the timeout it gives us and gives us more time to call a play and substitutions.

    Then the PI on-call. Even if they reviewed it wouldve been somewhat acceptable. But nope.

    So what this tells me is the NFL Officials knew we didnt have a timeout and refused to give us a call to stop the clock. That is definitely one of the reasons. But more importantly, I truly believe that the nfl and officials didnt want to have the 49rs as the 5th seed. They are trying to setup 49rs for the best possible outcome pre-playoffs. Seahawks are a team I'm the NW and therefore isnt as "viewer friendly" as a 49rs team. If this was the other way around, the 49rs wouldve gotten those calls mentioned above. Guarenteed!

    Now with all fairness, even being screwed by the refs.. PETE AND SHOTTY is also to blame for the loss. How do you screw up that opportunity. Completely choked. Wouldn't be surprised if Pete and Shotty lost the locker room AGAIN after this. In a championship game so it stings just as hard as the SB game. And Pete had to get rid of players to get the locker room back too, and he repeated a very similar mistake again in a huge game.

    It’s called “steering”. The NFL got their “desired result” yesterday. But... Unfortunately Pete and his inept coaching staff played right into their hands with their own incompetence, see the delay of game penalty.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28225
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 pm
  • Like I said. What I found odd is that they didnt review Ursuas catch. If the line judge thought it was literally on the 1/2 yd line, how do you not call that a TD first and then review it. The NFL says that they will always call it a TD first and change it if it's wrong. It's absolutely crazy to think that the ref is so great and eyesight is perfect that he knew it was exactly a 1/2 yd short. The NFL didnt show a side view or line view of the catch either? And regardless, in a close game, how was the ursua catch not reviewed. That in itself tells you that they didnt want to call a fair game for the hawks in the end of the game. The fact that the ursua catch wasnt reviewed, fant injury, and PI.. all have the same thing in common.. gives us a timeout and a exponentially greater chance of winning. Wouldn't be surprised if we got the game winning td that they wouldve called a penalty to negate it anyways. I'm not much on conspiracy theories or anything. But that was very unusual, and I watch every game for every team. They definitely prefer for the 49rs to have an advantage in the playoffs. Because if hawks win, we still have 3 games to win for SB with 1 home game. If niners win 2 home games, niners lose 3 away games. So the biggest swing in terms of probability and advantage you can get where as seahawks would only change slightly. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know that refs were giving the advantage to 49rs. They're more marketable too. That's why russell is severely under marketed because were in the corner of the NW. I just hope this fires up the players instead of turning against the coaches. Pete made a HUGE mistake and I can see him losing the locker room. But if we can get past eagles.. we have a trilogy match with 49rs to go to conference championships if we win. All I know is if we get the the 49rs again.. we will win simply based on the motivation to beat them with how the game ended.
    Kaznpak
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 pm


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm
  • A look at my avatar should show that I'm not exactly thrilled with the world of officiating at the moment.

    However, and maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but wasn't the Ursua catch like not even close to the goal line? I was in a number of Seahawk chats and I don't recall anyone thinking it was a TD. I feel like if the roles were swapped, and an opposing team was given time to re-group so the refs could review an obvious non-TD, we would be furious.

    And as for the Fant thing, he got up and ran to the line, so I'm not sure the officials were wrong to hold their whistles.

    But yeah, the missed PI was indefensible. If they had reviewed it and didn't reverse it, I still would have been upset because it was obvious PI, but I'd at least get that teams have been getting screwed all year on those faux reviews. The standards to overturn those have been beyond absurd. But to not even review it? Ridiculous.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5873
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:01 pm
  • Been around since XL. Seen quite a few games 'steered' -

    But I agree with a poster that I can't remember name of here from a couple/few years ago:

    "If you don't want the refs to decide the game, don't put it in their hands at the end."

    Better play in the first half, and being 10 points up masks alot of this stuff.

    It happens - talk to the Saints!
    ddores
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:14 pm


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:05 pm
  • Gotta push the California market...fans only support a winner.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9345
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:11 pm
  • ddores wrote:But I agree with a poster that I can't remember name of here from a couple/few years ago:

    "If you don't want the refs to decide the game, don't put it in their hands at the end."


    I hate this saying. Wins are very tough in the NFL, and games are often close, especially in matchups between good, closely-matched teams. We shouldn't be required to blow out a quality opponent in order to account for the refs maybe not doing their jobs at a critical juncture.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5873
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:23 pm
  • The other egregious call was the spot on 3rd and 11 at the Niner 41 with 1:05 to play in the first half that was advanced to the sticks but spotted a yard short that led to a failed 4th and 1 at the Niner 31. Seattle would have gotten at least 3 points out of that series if not 7.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 606
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:26 pm
  • Reality is it was too close to call regarding whether the last play crossed the goal line, the explanation to an impartial observer of the no DPI call was rational, and I thought overall the refs let them play. This is what we want. If we wanted a touchdown, then put it in the endzone. Instead the coaches on the sideline couldn't do their job and get the play/package called and it went from 3 trying to make s 1 yard run with no time to trying to get 6 yards with no time.

    As I said in another thread, dont be like the niner fans who blame everything but themselves. We played like a dumpster and had horrible playcalling for an entire half, and we still had a chance to win. We are getting healthier, and have confidence in this team.

    Quit being babies.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1300
    Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:32 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    ddores wrote:But I agree with a poster that I can't remember name of here from a couple/few years ago:

    "If you don't want the refs to decide the game, don't put it in their hands at the end."


    I hate this saying. Wins are very tough in the NFL, and games are often close, especially in matchups between good, closely-matched teams. We shouldn't be required to blow out a quality opponent in order to account for the refs maybe not doing their jobs at a critical juncture.


    I think his comment was regarding the inexcusable delay of game penalty that significantly changed the end of the game. That was totally in Seattle's control and they blew it.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 606
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:40 pm
  • Rat wrote:A look at my avatar should show that I'm not exactly thrilled with the world of officiating at the moment.


    The call on the incomplete pass/strip-TD was debatable but the targeting call was legit.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 606
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:14 pm
  • Rat wrote:A look at my avatar should show that I'm not exactly thrilled with the world of officiating at the moment.

    However, and maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but wasn't the Ursua catch like not even close to the goal line? I was in a number of Seahawk chats and I don't recall anyone thinking it was a TD. I feel like if the roles were swapped, and an opposing team was given time to re-group so the refs could review an obvious non-TD, we would be furious.

    And as for the Fant thing, he got up and ran to the line, so I'm not sure the officials were wrong to hold their whistles.

    But yeah, the missed PI was indefensible. If they had reviewed it and didn't reverse it, I still would have been upset because it was obvious PI, but I'd at least get that teams have been getting screwed all year on those faux reviews. The standards to overturn those have been beyond absurd. But to not even review it? Ridiculous.


    Hey Rat and others I want to get your opinion about at the end what did you think at the end of the game with the Hollister catch did you think it was helmet to helmet. The 49er defender lowered his head and hit Hollister. Now I know Hollister put his head down too. However it look like the 49er player led with his helmet. I have seen plays like that called. Just trying to peoples thoughts cuz I have not seen to me people discussing this. Am I way off here?
    Last edited by thegreeninyoureye on Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 856
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 pm


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:14 pm
  • SeaWolv wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    ddores wrote:But I agree with a poster that I can't remember name of here from a couple/few years ago:

    "If you don't want the refs to decide the game, don't put it in their hands at the end."


    I hate this saying. Wins are very tough in the NFL, and games are often close, especially in matchups between good, closely-matched teams. We shouldn't be required to blow out a quality opponent in order to account for the refs maybe not doing their jobs at a critical juncture.


    I think his comment was regarding the inexcusable delay of game penalty that significantly changed the end of the game. That was totally in Seattle's control and they blew it.


    Yeah, they screwed up, but likely would have amended that screw-up, like good teams do, had the refs done their job at the end. Who knows? Maybe we get the ball on the goal line and fumble it away, but whether that opportunity occurs should come down to the teams on the field.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5873
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:22 pm
  • SeaWolv wrote:
    Rat wrote:A look at my avatar should show that I'm not exactly thrilled with the world of officiating at the moment.


    The call on the incomplete pass/strip-TD was debatable but the targeting call was legit.

    I thought the targeting thing was questionable, but I wasn't upset over it because making that call was at least consistent with the precedence the league has set. It's difficult because the speed on the field and things changing at split seconds, and there have been so many targeting calls where you say "well, how was he supposed to avoid that?". I get it's a difficult situation, and maybe nothing can be done. Hopefully it's discussed in the offseason anyway.

    The fumble TD taken off the board was BS though. At the VERY least, there was no evidence to overturn that, which is far less consistent of a decision. I see them stick with the call on the field in too many absurd circumstances for them to change course there.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5873
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:47 pm
  • johnnyfever wrote:Reality is it was too close to call regarding whether the last play crossed the goal line, the explanation to an impartial observer of the no DPI call was rational, and I thought overall the refs let them play. This is what we want. If we wanted a touchdown, then put it in the endzone. Instead the coaches on the sideline couldn't do their job and get the play/package called and it went from 3 trying to make s 1 yard run with no time to trying to get 6 yards with no time.

    As I said in another thread, dont be like the niner fans who blame everything but themselves. We played like a dumpster and had horrible playcalling for an entire half, and we still had a chance to win. We are getting healthier, and have confidence in this team.

    Quit being babies.



    Literally every NFL team can point to moments in a game where they screw up or play like crap. Every team. Every game.

    This is unrelated from being set back by referee error.

    It is ok to acknowledge the frustration of losing out on a chance to win a game in part due to referee error. And the refs and replay made a mistake, no doubt about it.

    Please refrain from telling fans they can't be fruststrated by bad officiating because "Seatte had their chances"

    It is ok to see both Seattle's blown opportunities AND bad officiating. It doesnt have to be one or the other.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2660
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


Re: Seahawks Screwed By NFL Refs
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:12 pm
  • Well damn, that was a heart breaker...

    You know about this whole being screwed by the refs thing. I get being upset, but lets be honest guys, how many times has our team been on the good side of questionable non-calls where the other teams complain about being screwed by the refs. Over the years we have had our more than fair share of the refs calling things in our favor.
    SeaTac
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:07 pm




It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 8:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online