Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We dodged a bullet...phew

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
We dodged a bullet...phew
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 pm
  • Had we won, it would've been Minn in the RAIN. History has proven that Russell Wilson absolutely sucks in the rain. Next Sunday shows a forecast of rain in Seattle. Not good had we won. Russell's stats compiled by HawkBlogger in the rain at home....

112/218 (56%)
    1,691 yards
    7.8 YPA
    13 TD / 8 INT
    85.6 Passer Rating

Next Sunday it's suppose to be Sunny with no rain in the forecast in Philly. If we win, it's Sunny SF and then dome New Orleans. Both ideal conditions for our QB.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Re: We dodged a bullet...phew
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:36 pm
  • It rains more in January than any other month in the Bay Area.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:37 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:Had we won, it would've been Minn in the RAIN. History has proven that Russell Wilson absolutely sucks in the rain. Next Sunday shows a forecast of rain in Seattle. Not good had we won. Russell's stats compiled by HawkBlogger in the rain at home....

112/218 (56%)
    1,691 yards
    7.8 YPA
    13 TD / 8 INT
    85.6 Passer Rating

Next Sunday it's suppose to be Sunny with no rain in the forecast in Philly. If we win, it's Sunny SF and then dome New Orleans. Both ideal conditions for our QB.

You are going to find it is not just a Wilson thing, it is all QBs stats drop in the rain, though I remember seeing those stats i don't recall them being that low. That said all QBs do worse in the rain then when their is no rain
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:43 pm
  • I would take the potential Philly/SF matchup over the Minny/NO one 100 times out of 100.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:49 pm
  • I guess I'm wired differently.
    I wanted the 3 seed and the Vikings..
    Why be scared?It's Kirk Freaking Cousins!
    Rain hurts all stats including Kirks.
    Besides a 3 seed can turn into the highest
    but you all assume 1-2 are going to win.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:53 pm
  • It's expected to be sunny in Philadelphia this weekend? That's definitely a lucky break, as I was under the impression that such nice conditions in that city were rare.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:56 pm
  • I kind of agree. It feels like a home playoff game, after a win on SNF, is the perfect opportunity for a let down game. Especially against a healthier Vikings team we have already played before. I don't like that many are writing off Philly, though, because it's also a loseable game. But the opportunity to go to Philly - win - and then go back to SF for a revenge game is perfect. I don't know how confident I would have been in beating SF 3 times in a season.
    Eamon696
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:56 pm
  • I think there is something to this “blessing in disguise” thing. Win last night and we host Minny (in the rain) and if we are able to win that, it’s likely off to Orleans. With the way it played out, now it’s off to Philly (who is more banged up than us) and the long term forecast looks like no rain and temps in the 40s. Win that one and it’s off to Santa Clara for a revenge game / rubber match. No game is a given with the Hawks but the latter scenario does appear to be a better one, especially given our play at home this year. The loss last night would have been much more devastating had Detroit not choked against Erin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm
  • That was my take too.

When we rely on Wilson to win games despite his coach doing everything he can to keep us from succeeding - the rain is a terrible additional challenge because we need Wilson to offset Pete.

It should also be mentioned that we suck at home this year. Or at least, we are inconsistent.

Playing the Eagles we should win. Playing the Vikings we almost assuredly lose, but for our weird string of strange luck that always seems to allow us to beat the Vikings (from a missed gimmee FG to 2 key players being injured in a key game). Even so, it would be hard to fathom how we could beat the Vikings with us playing at home in this weather.

This loss probably granted us at least 1 playoff win. Irritating how it happened, since it was a winnable game - but it probably worked out better for us in the playoffs.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:10 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I would take the potential Philly/SF matchup over the Minny/NO one 100 times out of 100.

To me this is pretty negligible.........a home playoff game against the Vikings is as close to Philly on the road.

And both divisional games are nasty, so take your pick there as well.

If Diggs is back? I like our chances next week and beyond. If he's not? Err, idk, I don't like our chances even next weekend.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm
  • Tbh I’m glad not to have to scream for the third straight Sunday. My voice is seriously trash. As much as I love home playoff games, this year I’m ok with being at home. I must be getting soft.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:04 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I would take the potential Philly/SF matchup over the Minny/NO one 100 times out of 100.

if we do end up playing New Orleans they will absolutely smoke our defense with their short passing game. They'll easily score in the 30s on us imo
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:10 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Tbh I’m glad not to have to scream for the third straight Sunday. My voice is seriously trash. As much as I love home playoff games, this year I’m ok with being at home. I must be getting soft.

I feel ya, but man would it be awesome for Marshawn to get another home game.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:38 pm
  • Considering our home vs road record this season, I'm ok with the loss although it sucks to "give" the NFC West to SF.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:55 pm
  • I think there is zero silver lining in losing. Historically you never want to back into the playoffs.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:39 pm

I agree...

I wasnt too upset by the loss last night. Thought, just maybe, it went as well as it coudve..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Stop exagerating :P I think it should be more like 99.999% "Out Of a 100, K?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Except the fact that if we win both of those games, we likely travel to NO for the NFCC game anyway.

With the 3 seed our likely path would have been Vs. Minnesota, @NO, Vs. San Fran.

With the 5 seed out likely path is @Philly, @ San Fran, @NO.

Playing the toughest 2 teams in the NFC either way, but with the 3 seed 2 of them would be at home.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:07 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:I would take the potential Philly/SF matchup over the Minny/NO one 100 times out of 100.

Except the fact that if we win both of those games, we likely travel to NO for the NFCC game anyway.

With the 3 seed our likely path would have been Vs. Minnesota, @NO, Vs. San Fran.

Playing the toughest 2 teams in the NFC either way, but with the 3 seed 2 of them would be at home.

You think New Orleans goes into Green Bay and wins? I'd put my money on Green Bay there in that weather for sure.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:06 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:I would take the potential Philly/SF matchup over the Minny/NO one 100 times out of 100.

You think New Orleans goes into Green Bay and wins? I'd put my money on Green Bay there in that weather for sure.

Yes and I think it's pretty much a given. Rodgers can't hit the broadside of a barn. Meanwhile Brees is having an MVP caliber year, their defense is far superior, and they have a very good run game with Kamara and Murray. The only thing on GB side is home field advantage. GB gets smoked.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:07 am
  • We did dodge a bullet in hindsight. Playing at home we are 4-4. Pete says he knows why we play poorly at home but wont disclose it until offseason. Plus Minnesota will have noth their backs and Theilen back for playoffs so NO. I would much rather play a banged up Eagles team 1st round. The we get the trilogy 49rs game in Cali which I hope we win. I know our team will be super motivated if we get past Eagles.
    Kaznpak
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:41 am
  • Sweet Jesus, make it stop :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information