Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio report: ML ran out w/o helmet thus delay

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Donte Whitner is on KNBR saying Marshawn ran out WITHOUT HIS HELMET.

Is this true?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Didn't see that myself. I should think there would be video if it really happened.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• The 49ers announcer Tim Ryan said he saw it at the game.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll never be angry at Lynch, but would it really surprise anyone if this happened? He wasn't exactly ready to go at any second that last series? But that's the lack of detail that really hurts this team at times. You would think Lynch would be given the heads up to be ready to go if a short yardage or goal line situation came up.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• I think the whole moment was chaotic, only by the nature of it.

It really looked like the Hawks sideline didnt know the clock was ticking, as if they were expecting a review or something.

It sucked.. basically 2-3 inches from winning the game, twice.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Can anyone verify for me how much time they were given? I could've sworn they were only given 25 seconds when it should've been 40. I can't find any way to replay the game to cehck though.
    Treghc
    NET Rookie

• Treghc wrote:Can anyone verify for me how much time they were given? I could've sworn they were only given 25 seconds when it should've been 40. I can't find any way to replay the game to cehck though.

They got the whole 40 after the spike.

Brock talked about it this morning, said after the spike there was a lot of chaos and indecision on the sidelines getting the right position group on the field.

He said normal protocol is it's up to the position coaches to have all their groups ready for when Schotty and Pete decide the play, and that looked like where the breakdown happened.

Took too long for Pete and Schotty to decide, and then when they did there was a lot of scrambling around for which players were suppose to go out.

Just a complete comedy of poor clock management. Can't happen, but it has with Pete over and over. Like I said in another thread, whatever his process is, it needs to be scrapped.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• First I heard of this, sounds like revisionist history to me.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:First I heard of this, sounds like revisionist history to me.

You think the coaching staff want to put the blame on Marshawn Lynch?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Treghc wrote:Can anyone verify for me how much time they were given? I could've sworn they were only given 25 seconds when it should've been 40. I can't find any way to replay the game to cehck though.

They got the whole 40 after the spike.

Brock talked about it this morning, said after the spike there was a lot of chaos and indecision on the sidelines getting the right position group on the field.

He said normal protocol is it's up to the position coaches to have all their groups ready for when Schotty and Pete decide the play, and that looked like where the breakdown happened.

Took too long for Pete and Schotty to decide, and then when they did there was a lot of scrambling around for which players were suppose to go out.

Just a complete comedy of poor clock management. Can't happen, but it has with Pete over and over. Like I said in another thread, whatever his process is, it needs to be scrapped.

Im totally with that its on the position coach. Thats literally their one responsibility when their unit iO/D s on the field. As far as PC and Shotty taking time to decide and that adding to it, what was there to decide? Thats where I get lost. Ultimately Pete is responsible but in Week 17 the RBs coach should have that in order.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:First I heard of this, sounds like revisionist history to me.

You think the coaching staff want to put the blame on Marshawn Lynch?

Not a big one for conspiracy theories but it sure makes you wonder.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• It was an epic failure by the coaching line staff period.
    No amount of spin is going to change that fact.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:It was an epic failure by the coaching line staff period.
    No amount of spin is going to change that fact.

Can't disagree, just makes you wonder why they, (whoever they are), are trying to characterize as anything else after the fact.
    Last edited by DomeHawk on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg
    ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg (118.7 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg

That’s Pete face when he realized he fked up. Every time.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

• Washington49er wrote:
    ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg

Not to be inhospitable or anything, but GO $KREW YOURSELF....Refs gave y'all that game on the second to the last play AND YOU KNOW IT !!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:The 49ers announcer Tim Ryan said he saw it at the game.

He probably just didn’t see it because he thought his hair was the same color.
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Aw Mang wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg

That’s Pete face when he realized he fked up. Every time.

saw alot of that this year almost every game
    John63
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ENA4OWBVAAEL1Ut.jpeg

Not to be inhospitable or anything, but GO $KREW YOURSELF....Refs gave y'all that game on the second to the last play AND YOU KNOW IT !!

Same to you.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

• I might believe this if Carroll didn't consistently get plays in at the last moment on a regular basis.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• I didn't see this or any replays of it. But maybe if the radio and TV announcers are saying it than it's possible that happened. Perhaps they saw that.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran

• I'm pretty sure that's what I saw from my seat. He ran out onto the field without his helmet and the equipment guy was running after him with it. As long as it took to get the personnel group in, not sure it would have mattered, though. I think the flag was being thrown right as he turned around to grab it.

I think the big failure was the position coaches didn't have all of their groups on the sideline ready to go at a moments notice.

Frankly, the smartest thing would have been for Russell to run up to the line and quick snap a QB sneak rather than clocking it. It's just bizarre to me how this play isn't even in their playbook.
    imnKOgnito
    NET Veteran

• Lynch was standing on the sideline with a winter hat on and did not have his helmet, "If you stay ready you don't have to get ready" ML, that is the cause of the delay of game. :irishdrinkers:
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• Beast wasnt in the game plan for that play. Pete put him in because 70,000 strong screamed for Lynch.

Like this:

BEEEEEEAST!!!!

Marshawn was out of the game, already tapped out, and was on the jumbotron for 2 mins, and curled his fingers up and pointed at the camera to signify his love for the fans in Seattle. The noise he generated for that action was massive. The energy was ELECTRIC when he did that.

Then we had 1st and goal, and the fans wanted their legend to take the field, when he walked out on the field with his helmet in his hand the crowd went $h!t crazy. I know this happened - because I was there. Why they couldn't get the play off is beside me, but man -- if he had gotten the ball and punched it in...

CenturyLink would have exploded and killed everyone in it!

If there is one thing I loved about that game, as much (wrong) crap people here give to the 12th man these days, that place was lit -- and the price of entry was 4 times regular season action. Thankfully I have season tickets so it was just another game from that perspective -- but the idea that the "real 12's" have been priced out was proved wrong.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

• The most striking thing for me was that no one on the field -- NO ONE -- seemed at all concerned that the play clock was ticking down when it got under 10 seconds. It felt like everyone forgot that it wasn't a time out.
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 1:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information