Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apparently the league reviewed the non-PI

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • and decided it was non-PI. I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the replay. Such garbage.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-seattle/

    Make whatever excuse you want for why it wasn't called, but don't say it wasn't PI. The league has effective redefined PI with that ruling. Well, they would have redefined it if they had any actual consistency.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 107399
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:and decided it was non-PI. I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the replay. Such garbage.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-seattle/

    Make whatever excuse you want for why it wasn't called, but don't say it wasn't PI. The league has effective redefined PI with that ruling. Well, they would have redefined it if they had any actual consistency.


    Im trying to work if hes incompetent or a liar. Either way it was good people noticed and it rewrites the whiner bs about the seahawks being lucky..
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3176
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


  • Sure they did... :pukeface:
    They did what they did to the Saint's last year...
    Looked the other way to promote a team from California.
    If we end up back in the 9er's house, we will get 'officiated' again!
    Count on it.
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1288
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:29 pm


  • I dont have Twitter but Tony Dungy weighed in and was very critical at the call as well. In fact the non call is overshadowing the botch play clock management by Carroll.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9333
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

    Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

    It won't be here next year, guaranteed.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16833
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • If the league reviewed the no-call it was a 'cover our A$$' review.
    They should attach an asperick to the W*-L* record Niners and Hawks sport on the year, issue us a divisional champ condolence banner, and fix their issues. But for all that, taking a delay penalty following the spike is more to blame for the loss than any of the multitude of other things that went wrong for us.
    Regardless, I think, and hope, we came out of the game a better team to face the next challenge we face.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 917
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • On that play, if indeed contact is within the 5 yard bump zone, it may not have been inteference, or illegal contact, but, it sure looked like holding to me.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2905
    Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:51 am


  • Whatever.

    The mugging that happened was not PI? Right, sure thing Riveron. If it were a 49er it would have been called.

    I'm calling BS on that one.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 6934
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


  • 5D1201D0-D743-493A-BD8F-67D81B734741.jpeg
    5D1201D0-D743-493A-BD8F-67D81B734741.jpeg (118.77 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 243
    Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:45 pm


  • seedhawk wrote:On that play, if indeed contact is within the 5 yard bump zone, it may not have been inteference, or illegal contact, but, it sure looked like holding to me.


    Once the ball is in the air, the defender cannot continue interference like that. 5 yards is for initial contact on a route, but interference comes into play once the ball is in the air. It was definitely interference, and the refs blew it. It wasn't the only reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor.

    Another that is totally being ignored (likely because it happened in the first half) was the non review of the poor spot on our drive to end the half. I thought it was clearly a first down, but I know for an absolute fact that it was extremely close and that is another thing that should have been reviewed in such a huge game with major implications to multiple teams.

    Obviously, our defense didn't play worth a damn the vast majority of the game, and our clock management at the end was atrocious and we didn't play well enough on our end, but that doesn't excuse the refusal of the NFL to take the time to use the replay system as it was supposedly intended.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20307
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4978
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • The rules change so much from year to year Im still pissed at the PI against Jackson in the SB which was Nothing compared to this mugging CRAP!!

    LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 662
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


  • kidhawk wrote:
    seedhawk wrote:On that play, if indeed contact is within the 5 yard bump zone, it may not have been inteference, or illegal contact, but, it sure looked like holding to me.


    Once the ball is in the air, the defender cannot continue interference like that. 5 yards is for initial contact on a route, but interference comes into play once the ball is in the air. It was definitely interference, and the refs blew it. It wasn't the only reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor.

    Another that is totally being ignored (likely because it happened in the first half) was the non review of the poor spot on our drive to end the half. I thought it was clearly a first down, but I know for an absolute fact that it was extremely close and that is another thing that should have been reviewed in such a huge game with major implications to multiple teams.

    Obviously, our defense didn't play worth a damn the vast majority of the game, and our clock management at the end was atrocious and we didn't play well enough on our end, but that doesn't excuse the refusal of the NFL to take the time to use the replay system as it was supposedly intended.


    I should also add that we started at the 6 yard line and they were in the endzone so it was past 5 yards clearly
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20307
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • That’s BS that they reviewed it, it usually takes forever and kills momentum
    Hass2Carlson
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 164
    Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 5:42 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?


    I want the officials to review possible game changing PI calls, that's EXACTLY the scenario as to why the new rule was implemented.

    Maybe they do review and determine there was no PI, but if they're not going to review a possible end of game changing PI call, then throw the entire thing in the garbage. Because I can't think of a more blatant textbook example of why the new rule was passed then what happened last night.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16833
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Tical21 wrote:Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?


    Only you would turn that straight into Wilson hate!! :pukeface:

    Brady does that and gets the call (like should have been called) and he's the GOAT. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7210
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm


  • CYA lies.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:43 pm


  • Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.
    Stanley
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 33
    Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 am


  • Tical21 wrote:Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?

    Jebus Christy Tical, He had is arms wrapped around him, that's not just "CONTACT"!
    You need to go & re-watch that play all over again. :roll:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7314
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Stanley wrote:Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.


    "Nothing happened illegal happened" :roll: Warner literally ran towards Hollister, wrapped BOTH his arms around him, that's NOT "Bracing For Impact", nor was it INCIDENTAL CONTACT, it was PI...PERIOD!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7314
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Stanley wrote:Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.


    49er fans trying to grasp for straws when the whole country knows that call was botched

    Give me a break

    Either you are trying too hard or you don't understand football... Or just didn't watch the game
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 67
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • Who is everyone going to believe? The NFL or their lying eyes?
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 am


  • Stanley wrote:Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.

    You’re blind troll, go away!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28181
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Alberto Riveron is a lying incompetent $h!t bag that needs to retire.
    He needs to get into politics.


    If Seattle was a “legacy team” that call is DPI or defensive holding on the defense after further review.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28181
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Stanley wrote:Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.

    You’re a blind homeristic troll, go away!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 28181
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Stanley wrote:Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

    Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.



    By bracing you mean puting his hand on the receiver ...
    PaVloVa!8
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 am


  • Flat out garbage!
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3327
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 pm


  • It was clear and obvious PI that NY chose to ignore to "help" the away team, period. No other explanation is possible.

    These are the reasons narratives about the League favoring certain outcomes exist. Giving us the PI call puts the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st and goal with just enough time for the fairy tale finish we all desired and deserved. For whatever reason, the league didn't want that to be the scenario nor outcome.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14038
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Aros wrote:It was clear and obvious PI that NY chose to ignore to "help" the away team, period. No other explanation is possible.

    These are the reasons narratives about the League favoring certain outcomes exist. Giving us the PI call puts the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st and goal with just enough time for the fairy tale finish we all desired and deserved. For whatever reason, the league didn't want that to be the scenario nor outcome.


    Oh hell no.

    I wasn't gonna wade into this, but I just can't resist this one.

    Look, I don't think it was PI because you are asking for the TE to run into a defender, push off and catch the TD on that play and not get an OPI. When the defender instead held his ground and moved in front, you want PI. Either way, you are looking for a OPI to NOT be enforced or a PI to be enforced.

    Now I think it was a good non-call, but I can easily state that if I were in your shoes I'd be making similar arguments as to why it was PI. I still think it was PI in the endzone on Crabtree i the SB vs the Ravens. I get it.

    THIS is where you lose me. It's the conspiracy theory BS. The "the refs are out to get us" BS. As if the Seahawks weren't holding all night and as if the ONLY REASON the Seahawks even had the ball at that point were because of a ludicrous Personal Foul on the previous 49er drive where the guy was clearly blocking or the PI on Williams that extended a drive on 3rd down.

    You wanna say "bad call", ok...whatever...but as soon as you sway into the foil hat "The NFL is trying to help the other team" territory you gone over man.

    Don't be that guy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • The dude chop block his knees on top of being super late. Very justified on the Personal Foul call.

    People are talking about it, should have at least been reviewed. Im fine with it as i wanted the Seahawks to go the route of the Eagles.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1162
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


  • As a non-biased fan and larger Sea supporter than SF.

    The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

    At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

    Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.

    EDIT: also had 7 plays....
    Last edited by ringless on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ringless
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1978
    Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:37 am


  • [vimeo][/vimeo]
    rcaido wrote:The dude chop block his knees on top of being super late. Very justified on the Personal Foul call.

    People are talking about it, should have at least been reviewed. Im fine with it as i wanted the Seahawks to go the route of the Eagles.


    It wasn't a Chop Block. A Chop Block is when you go at a guys legs when he is engaged with another player. It was the lateness of the block that drew the foul. It was clear he thought the play was still underway.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • ringless wrote:As a non-biased fan and larger Sea supporter than SF.

    The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

    At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

    Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.


    So much this.

    Its ironic to see fans of the team that had the LOB complain about a conspiracy RE a non-call on a PI.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • ringless wrote:As a non-biased fan and larger Sea supporter than SF.

    The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

    At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

    Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.


    Can't disagree with this, but the rule is there to review it if it's close. That rule hasn't been there in past years, so what was good back then isn't necessarily going to be the same now. Even if they don't overturn it, there's no reason in that situation with so much on the line to not at least pause and take a look at the play. The fact that they didn't take the time to insure they got it right is what's so frustrating here (at least for me).
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20307
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Aros wrote:It was clear and obvious PI that NY chose to ignore to "help" the away team, period. No other explanation is possible.

    These are the reasons narratives about the League favoring certain outcomes exist. Giving us the PI call puts the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st and goal with just enough time for the fairy tale finish we all desired and deserved. For whatever reason, the league didn't want that to be the scenario nor outcome.


    Oh hell no.

    I wasn't gonna wade into this, but I just can't resist this one.

    Look, I don't think it was PI because you are asking for the TE to run into a defender, push off and catch the TD on that play and not get an OPI. When the defender instead held his ground and moved in front, you want PI. Either way, you are looking for a OPI to NOT be enforced or a PI to be enforced.

    Now I think it was a good non-call, but I can easily state that if I were in your shoes I'd be making similar arguments as to why it was PI. I still think it was PI in the endzone on Crabtree i the SB vs the Ravens. I get it.

    THIS is where you lose me. It's the conspiracy theory BS. The "the refs are out to get us" BS. As if the Seahawks weren't holding all night and as if the ONLY REASON the Seahawks even had the ball at that point were because of a ludicrous Personal Foul on the previous 49er drive where the guy was clearly blocking or the PI on Williams that extended a drive on 3rd down.

    You wanna say "bad call", ok...whatever...but as soon as you sway into the foil hat "The NFL is trying to help the other team" territory you gone over man.

    Don't be that guy.


    I understand your sentiment Marvin, but when you see a call that is THAT blatantly obvious, that is not even reviewed, it’s hard not to get suspicious.

    I agree it’s probably just more gross incompetence.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2660
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • ringless wrote:As a non-biased fan and larger Sea supporter than SF.

    The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

    At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

    Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.

    EDIT: also had 7 plays....



    You are right in that Seattle has gotten away with physical play in the past.

    But that’s not relevant to this argument. The question is why replay wasn’t even initiated when the NFL put it in to keep gross incompetence from deciding games.

    Incompetence helped to decide a game. It failed.

    What Seattle did or didn’t “get away with” in 2013 makes you feel better, vindicated, whatever, but isn’t relevant here.
    Last edited by Hawkpower on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2660
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • It was PI, period if the role was reverse whiner fans would be up in arms as well. At the end of the day, idgaf what whiner fans come in here to defend that it’s not. It was. “The TE ran into the defender” GTFO the defender f’n bear hugged him. And as someone stated up in the thread, 5yrds blah blah doesn’t matter ball was in the air.


    Regardless, It sucks not being the NFC West champs, but idc is rather beat the crap outta philly again like we did earlier.
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 995
    Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am


  • JPatera76 wrote:It was PI, period if the role was reverse whiner fans would be up in arms as well. At the end of the day, idgaf what whiner fans come in here to defend that it’s not. It was. “The TE ran into the defender” GTFO the defender f’n bear hugged him. And as someone stated up in the thread, 5yrds blah blah doesn’t matter ball was in the air.


    Regardless, It sucks not being the NFC West champs, but idc is rather beat the crap outta philly again like we did earlier.


    I probably would be up in arms. I can't deny that...but I think I'd be wrong.

    Bottom line, Seahawks had EIGHT plays inside the 12 to win the game and all I'm reading is complaining that they didn't get 3 or 4 more. It wasn't the NFL that pushed the ball back 5 yards. Seahawks did that on their own. Seahawks got a PI on 3rd down on the previous Seattle series. Did the NFL give them that one knowing there would be a more consequential one later that they could ignore?

    I think it was a good non-call. I don't think it was nearly as obvious as many make it out to be. However it did LOOK bad and I'm sure I'd be upset if I were a Seahawk fan. I get that.

    Its the conspiracy theory BS that gets me as if this hadn't gone the other way COUNTLESS times.

    There just always seems to be this sentiment that the 'hawks are some sort of underdog and nobody wants them to win. That ain't the Seahawks anymore. They are a perennial winner with a HOF QB. When people complain about conspiracy theories against them it just sounds silly.

    I also read the sentiment that Seahawks were cheated the ending they "wanted and deserved" to quote exactly. Huh?

    You guys were an INCH from an NFC West Title with a freakin +7 point differential. That's not an insult. Thats freakin amazing.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

    Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

    You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

    The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

    Take the gift and move on.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2660
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • Hawkpower wrote:Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

    Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

    You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

    The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

    Take the gift and move on.


    I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

    It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Conspiracy vs referee incompetence. It's not that black and white. Both could be true to some extent.

    You guys got a brand new stadium fairly recently. It's not a good look for the NFL if that shiny new stadium is as empty as it's been since being built.

    This year, your team is good, so the fans showed up. You can bet your bottom dollar that the NFL wants more Niner jerseys, merchandise and tickets sold. You are this year's "darlings"

    Similar thing happened with the Rams. That lucrative LA market... except Rams couldn't get it done at the end.

    NFL steering might not be blatant or obvious, but it's real. It's not about legacy vs non legacy teams. It's about market building.

    $$ ya dig?
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1544
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

    Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

    You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

    The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

    Take the gift and move on.


    I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

    It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.


    Dude that was PI every day all day 100 percent the end. It was a gross non call and Seattle should have been 1st and goal at the 1yrd line by rule. You don't like it get the hell out of here.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1583
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:Conspiracy vs referee incompetence. It's not that black and white. Both could be true to some extent.

    You guys got a brand new stadium fairly recently. It's not a good look for the NFL if that shiny new stadium is as empty as it's been since being built.

    This year, your team is good, so the fans showed up. You can bet your bottom dollar that the NFL wants more Niner jerseys, merchandise and tickets sold. You are this year's "darlings"

    Similar thing happened with the Rams. That lucrative LA market... except Rams couldn't get it done at the end.

    NFL steering might not be blatant or obvious, but it's real. It's not about legacy vs non legacy teams. It's about market building.

    $$ ya dig?


    Oh, I understand the theory, but its total BS. The Niners became a "legacy" team when they started WINNING. Before the 80's they certainly were not a "legacy" team.

    The Seahawks have been a contender for a LONG time now. It's time to stop considering yourselves as an underdog.

    Did the Niners get the benefit of a "Legacy" team when they got a 15 yard penalty to give the ball back to Seattle? Were they getting the "Legacy" team call when they got a PI to extend the drive on third down vs Williams on the previous Seattle drive? Did they get a "Legacy" call when Seattle got the Delay of Game?

    Come on man.

    It requires the complete suspension of every other call in the game to target that ONE PLAY and play victim of a conspiracy theory.

    We can argue good call-bad call all day. That's fine. Seattle not getting a call because Niners are a "Legacy" team? Please. You guys aren't the red headed step child. You are a perennial winner with a Lombardi and a HOF QB.

    Legacy vs Market Building? Niners don't need help Market building. They are in the 4th largest Market in the US and the other team in the area just moved to Vegas. They have sold out every game at Levis. They may or may not show up when the team was bad but the tickets are sold and would be sold whether this game was won or lost.

    That doesn't hold water either.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

    Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

    You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

    The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

    Take the gift and move on.


    I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

    It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.


    Dude that was PI every day all day 100 percent the end. It was a gross non call and Seattle should have been 1st and goal at the 1yrd line by rule. You don't like it get the hell out of here.


    ...and again...not the point I'm arguing.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

    Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

    It won't be here next year, guaranteed.

    100% agree. It was also implemented to placate all fans who were outraged with the non-call. By week 5 it was obvious it was a lip service situation. It will indeed be gone next year.
    However, with the proliferation of legalized gambling, the sky judge will happen cuz gamblers have to know everything is on the up and up and there aren't legacy teams and favoritism. They stand to make a mint off legalized gambling so it's in their best interest to make sure officiating is as close to fair as possible.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 24628
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

    Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

    It won't be here next year, guaranteed.

    100% agree


    While I disagree on the call, I 100% agree that the rule is a goner next year.

    The whole point was to eliminate the complaints about non-calls and all its done is create complaints about non-reversed calls and non-reviews. Its just made the situation worse.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6894
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • We lost the Division crown, well damn, just have to make up for it winning the Conference Crown then won't we !!!
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 30932
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.




It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 12:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online