Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pick up Ajayi, drop Turbin?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Pick up Ajayi, drop Turbin?
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:59 am

Re: Pick up Ajayi, drop Turbin?
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 am
  • But is he Wilson's buddy?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:13 am
  • Why would he want to come here to sit on the bench? We are going with Homer/Lynch. Turbin is just an emergency back. I don't understand why people think we are going to get a third back who is a starter level to just sit on the bench and why they'd even do that.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Why would he want to come here to sit on the bench? We are going with Homer/Lynch. Turbin is just an emergency back. I don't understand why people think we are going to get a third back who is a starter level to just sit on the bench and why they'd even do that.

i agree with this ^
    Gio
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:20 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Why would he want to come here to sit on the bench? We are going with Homer/Lynch. Turbin is just an emergency back. I don't understand why people think we are going to get a third back who is a starter level to just sit on the bench and why they'd even do that.

It's the Fantasy Football mentality. People seem to think that they can just grap a player and plug him in and Wow! Instant ROI! Same as the draft. Anybody with any real football smarts was not surprised that Marshawn didn't play more Sunday night. Players just can't walk in off the street and give the team 20 carries for 100 yards.

I expect Lynch to get a few more chances in Philly, maybe 15-20 touches, including more work receiving out of the backfield. We know he can do that, and his wrecking ball style of running works well in space against DBs. :)

But Homer will probably still be the "full time" RB against Philly. We should probably run the ball 40 times against them, control the ball and the clock and keep our D rested for the track meet against SF the week after.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:25 am
  • He has intel even if he doesn't play. That intel is worth more, especially next week, than a dorm relationship.

It's least risky to grab him, because as people are saying, he'd just be an emergency back.

Plus, he played this year. He's in better shape in case we do need a guy.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 am
  • "Player intel" is vastly over rated by fans, especially this time of year when there is 16 games of video on teams. :Dunno:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 am
  • sutz wrote:"Player intel" is vastly over rated by fans, especially this time of year when there is 16 games of video on teams. :Dunno:

OK Sutz, but he still played this year. Would you rather have a player who played this year for our next opponent, or one who's been out over a year, bouncing around, whom we really didn't like?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:47 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:"Player intel" is vastly over rated by fans, especially this time of year when there is 16 games of video on teams. :Dunno:

OK Sutz, but he still played this year. Would you rather have a player who played this year for our next opponent, or one who's been out over a year, bouncing around, whom we really didn't like?

I think I prefer a player who has already been here a week, working with the team, to bringing in yet another player who has never worked with this team. It's a short week, with a long travel schedule ahead. I just don't see the value in your suggestion.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:54 pm
  • Turbin knows part of the offense from before, he is trusted, Ajayi would be starting from scratch and have to learn everything.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:56 pm
  • I like it.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:He has intel even if he doesn't play. That intel is worth more, especially next week, than a dorm relationship.

It's least risky to grab him, because as people are saying, he'd just be an emergency back.

Plus, he played this year. He's in better shape in case we do need a guy.

Why would you assume Ajayi would come here to sit on the bench?

Besides, I don't think our running game was our biggest issue last night....far from it.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:54 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:But is he Wilson's buddy?

Nepotism seems to be the name of the game when it comes to Seattle football.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm
  • Homer #1
    Lynch #1.5
    Turbin insurance #2
    That's where we're at right now, and it's not a bad place to be.
    Homer's production stats were pretty good last night. He'll be #1 until he doesn't perform at the highest level of the backs we have.
    IT'll be interesting to see what happens this off-season with Carson and Penny. Those guys are both elite level backs. If Homer really turns it on in the playoffs in the upcoming weeks, could he capture a spot from one of those two?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Homer #1
    Lynch #1.5
    Turbin insurance #2
    That's where we're at right now, and it's not a bad place to be.
    Homer's production stats were pretty good last night. He'll be #1 until he doesn't perform at the highest level of the backs we have.
    IT'll be interesting to see what happens this off-season with Carson and Penny. Those guys are both elite level backs. If Homer really turns it on in the playoffs in the upcoming weeks, could he capture a spot from one of those two?

Since we usually have at least 3 rb on the 53 man roster i dont see why it matters.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:41 pm

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 pm
  • Pete and John are always on the prowl. Another injury and they’ll want to have players on speed dial
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information