Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4th timeout

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
4th timeout
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:52 am
  • On that play w/ Ursua cathing the 1st down, why didn't the refs call timeout for the Seahawks when Fant was down. By rule, they have to call that timeout when there is a potential hurt player no matter what. They cant make that judgement call if he is faking.

Would have given us 1st down w/ 25seconds to go after the 10sec runoff.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Re: 4th timeout
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 am
  • rcaido wrote:On that play w/ Ursua cathing the 1st down, why didn't the refs call timeout for the Seahawks when Fant was down. By rule, they have to call that timeout when there is a potential hurt player no matter what. They cant make that judgement call if he is faking.

Would have given us 1st down w/ 25seconds to go after the 10sec runoff.

I had thought the same thing
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 pm
  • i wonder if there will be in explanation to this. Player safety and all....
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm
  • It was an unfortunate chain of events because they would have called the timeout and 10s runoff if Fant had stayed down. That would have been better for us in hindsight then the ensuing penalty, but I don't think you want to coach players to depend on the officials in that situation.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 pm
  • I'm just guessing here, as the cameras weren't showing it live, but Fant got up and ran down the field, so I'm thinking he started getting up before the refs could call the TO. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. I would have thought Fant could have stayed down, but maybe he didn't want to have to leave the game for a play? Hard to know for sure.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:16 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I'm just guessing here, as the cameras weren't showing it live, but Fant got up and ran down the field, so I'm thinking he started getting up before the refs could call the TO. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. I would have thought Fant could have stayed down, but maybe he didn't want to have to leave the game for a play? Hard to know for sure.

Isn't there rule we have to use a time out there also, prevents fake injury delays (Joe Nash) thinking of you rule. If we didn't have a time out then we get a penalty for an extra time out and clock run off also.

Oh and player has to exit field for one play.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:29 pm
  • At the time, I thought it was the right call to get on the ball and spike it. Now in hindsight, the 4th timeout would of been the best, as I believe the 49ers would of used a TO to stop the clock anyway instead of the 10 second runoff.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information