I am proud of these guys

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I never expected this game to be this close. There were some bad bounces that did not go our way and some bad coaching gaffs but when all things considered we could have put our self in a position where these miss calls would not have mattered. We are terribly undermanned facing one of the top rated defenses against both the run and pass. I thought we were going to get creamed. Most of the pundits felt the same thing. I was at the game. Sure there was the clock issue. Shit happens. That was not the only thing that determined the results. We showed that we deserve to be in the playoffs. The guys sucked it up despite laboring under tremendous adversity. We are favored at Philly by 1 1/2. We are the only wild card away team that is favored. I hope we can get healthy and get another shot at the Niners. Hang in there guys. It is not the end of the world.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yeah it was a game at the end, which is really all I can ask for. I hate it when the Seahawks get their doors blown off, and that didn't happen here.

For the first time since PC was hired, I was miffed at him and his staff for not having the next playcall and package ready to go once they got the first down at the end. The delay of game was costly and likely cost Seattle the #3 seed.

For the Pollyannas here, the loss tonight assures Seattle of a rematch in two weeks should they get by Philly and the Vikes lose next week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
After finding out we wouldn't get the bye either way, this game wasn't really that important.

But it still mattered a lot to the 49ers, and they barely won. I don't think they want to see us again in two weeks. Especially if Brown and Diggs are back.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This loss actually works to our advantage. That's not reverse psychology from a fan here, that's a fact.

Win the division and our reward - assuming we take care of business at home against the Vikings which would be highly likely - would be... Go to New Orleans in the divisional round. Yeah. That team. The hottest NFC team right now, in THEIR house. That's a whole lotta NOPE.

Losing tonight means if we take care of the Eagles next Sunday in Philly - something we did handedly a few weeks ago - we return to the West Coast to take on the 49ers in Santa Clara - where we beat them already once before this season - for a REDEMPTION matchup. With likely Duane Brown and Diggs back. Yes. Please.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3h0d6la9 said:
This loss actually works to our advantage. That's not reverse psychology from a fan here, that's a fact.

Win the division and our reward - assuming we take care of business at home against the Vikings which would be highly likely - would be... Go to New Orleans in the divisional round. Yeah. That team. The hottest NFC team right now, in THEIR house. That's a whole lotta NOPE.

Losing tonight means if we take care of the Eagles next Sunday in Philly - something we did handedly a few weeks ago - we return to the West Coast to take on the 49ers in Santa Clara - where we beat them already once before this season - for a REDEMPTION matchup. With likely Duane Brown and Diggs back. Yes. Please.

Diggs has a high ankle same as Saquon Barkley. Saquon came back a couple weeks later but wasn't right until this last game. High ankles are tricky.

I'm less worried about Brown's meniscal trim. That at least seems straightforward. But he's been listed all season has having this nagging bicep problem. I wonder what it is.

whidbeast

Reaction score
I agree. Honestly the digits are better and healthier than us on both sides of the ball and coaching. The only thing we have on them is QB but there is no chance we were going to beat that team three times this year.

I'll take the road.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm with ya Bill. To overcome more injuries than I have ever seen and keep the team believing in each other is quite a feat.

We're still missing some key parts, but the beauty of that is it shows the pieces we need to acquire going forward.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Over achievers for sure . At some point I really thought we would not have a real serious run for Super Bowl this year but after playing the Niners as tight as we did anything can happen with this team we might just make it . I’d love Nothing more than to get Another crack at the Niners in their house which we own