Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why doesn’t RW ever do the QB sneak?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Why doesn’t RW ever do the QB sneak?
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:15 pm
  • So why doesn’t Russ sneak?
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Re: Why doesn’t RW ever do the QB sneak?
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:17 pm
  • He should’ve from the half flipping yard line tonight. He spiked the damn ball. What the hell?
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:18 pm
  • Interesting question. Not sure if it's a Pete thing eventhough i know Leinart used to in college.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:19 pm
  • Since PC has been here no QB has done a QB sneak, so that should tell you something. Also lets add in whom the center was and how much time it takes off the clock if he does not get in.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:19 pm
  • I think it's lack of faith in the OLine getting a concerted push.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:21 pm
  • Is it because he is short? If they are worried about him getting hurt doing it, then why are they ok with him getting hammered on every other snap?
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• I don't know why Pete hasn't ever done it, although I'm sure I've heard a reason in the past, but I know that I definitely wouldn't try it behind Hunt. He's just too small to trust getting the push necessary.

I wasn't a proponent for trying it instead of spiking the ball, we needed to get the clock stopped. Had we not made it there, we would have had a tough time stopping the clock again. Maybe he makes it and I'd have looked idiotic looking back, but in the moment I was completely for the spike. The rest is now history.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Another political ending bomb. Just get it done , Russ could of fell into the end zone
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:02 am
  • He does what he is told no matter what ; which is unfortunate . He's still beholden to Carroll for drafting him ; plus the money ain't bad either .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:09 am
  • kidhawk wrote:I don't know why Pete hasn't ever done it, although I'm sure I've heard a reason in the past, but I know that I definitely wouldn't try it behind Hunt. He's just too small to trust getting the push necessary.

I wasn't a proponent for trying it instead of spiking the ball, we needed to get the clock stopped. Had we not made it there, we would have had a tough time stopping the clock again. Maybe he makes it and I'd have looked idiotic looking back, but in the moment I was completely for the spike. The rest is now history.

This is what i thought as well...

If he fails, then the game is over. I think spiking the ball and getting a proper play call was the way to go.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Would you want to do a sneak with Hunt as your Center, part of it I think is Wilsons height and ability to be able to leverage length, 6'6 guys can extend, most sneaks that are success full only make it by a foot if best it seems.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• xray wrote:He does what he is told no matter what ; which is unfortunate . He's still beholden to Carroll for drafting him ; plus the money ain't bad either .

Dude look I know you want him to go all anarchist and all, but he cant do that publically. That would send the wrong message to the team and to other teams. If he does it, then others will do it and then you have a problem. So give it a rest.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    xray wrote:He does what he is told no matter what ; which is unfortunate . He's still beholden to Carroll for drafting him ; plus the money ain't bad either .

Dude look I know you want him to go all anarchist and all, but he cant do that publically. That would send the wrong message to the team and to other teams. If he does it, then others will do it and then you have a problem. So give it a rest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    He could have snuck it in and heaped praise on the coaches..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• How hard is it to line up Clowney behind center and teach him the basics of a QB sneak? When Brady lines up behind center it is 100% certain he is sneaking it in. Why not a big powerful player, maybe DK, he surely is stronger than TB. Fant? Someone tall with Fant behind hitting in the back to push him in? Definitely 3rd or 4th and short conversions would have a better success rate.
    \
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

• To (slightly) paraphrase the movie "Rudy":

He's 5-foot-nuthin! A hundred and nuthin!

Besides, if you're going to be trying a QB sneak you need a center that doesn't get blown backwards clean off his feet every play. I'm afraid Solari is still trying to coach up the former ballet dancers and such that rhymes-with-unable saddled us with during his time here.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• jeremiah wrote:How hard is it to line up Clowney behind center and teach him the basics of a QB sneak?
    \

Thanks for helping me spit coffee on my keyboard.
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information