Tonight was just a warmup for Marshawn...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agreed. I also expect Turbin to continue to do nothing. Lynch was not bad at all and Homer really played well.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Marshawn looked decent in his limited touches. We'll have to see how he holds up after the contact. Sure he will be ready for next week. I think Homer earned the rock this game though

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'll admit that when Lynch broke off his second long run, and when he soared in for the touchdown, my eyes got a bit dusty

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1moannqz said:
I'll admit that when Lynch broke off his second long run, and when he soared in for the touchdown, my eyes got a bit dusty

My eyes got a lot dusty

kf3339

Reaction score
For a guy who hadn't played in 14 months and only took it serious about getting ready three weeks ago? He looked great! Give him another week and he may be able to bust another major running TD. But his goal line TD was really pretty as well!

Uhearditherefirst

Reaction score
Was great game no doubt. Was hoping to see marshawn out on the flat receiving check downs or naked screens. Also turbin good receiver in the flat but never used. Nail biter as usual . Hawks and niners brought their best .can't wait for rematch after Hawks take down eagles

olyfan63

Reaction score
Collinsworth pointed out that the 49ers disregarded Marshawn in the passing game, figuring he hadn't been back long enough to work in on Schotty's offense, so if Marshawn is in, it's most likely a run, or else play action. So it did tip the play a bit, and any run Marshawn did was into a stacked box, which is why his YPC were so low.

Overall, I was impressed with Marshawn having his game still there, as he showed on the 15-ish yard run when he got a crease. Another week of practice and Marshawn will be up to speed, and truly part of the offense.

Meanwhile, Homer was excellent. I sure did like how they used Homer and ran wide with him. Fast, tough, and big. Pick two out of three, lol. Homer got several key first downs for us.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
olyfan63":x350ly7h said:
Collinsworth pointed out that the 49ers disregarded Marshawn in the passing game, figuring he hadn't been back long enough to work in on Schotty's offense, so if Marshawn is in, it's most likely a run, or else play action. So it did tip the play a bit, and any run Marshawn did was into a stacked box, which is why his YPC were so low.

Overall, I was impressed with Marshawn having his game still there, as he showed on the 15-ish yard run when he got a crease. Another week of practice and Marshawn will be up to speed, and truly part of the offense.

Meanwhile, Homer was excellent. I sure did like how they used Homer and ran wide with him. Fast, tough, and big. Pick two out of three, lol. Homer got several key first downs for us.
Well then, Wilson should throw Lynch passes next week against the Eagles cause they don’t expect him to catch passes then.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3urhsbo0 said:
He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.

No shit, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Seanhawk":288kcemw said:
SanDiego49er":288kcemw said:

No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.

OK well it looks like 200 yards sometimes when you are watching it. I thought he did OK. He made some decent plays out there. He also had a few where he got stopped or stuffed short of what the old Beast Mode would do. The old Beast Mode would drag 3 guys on his back 5 - 7 more yards instead of getting stopped on a few of those. But it's hard to say he played bad. He had a few substantial runs and even a TD too. He had a good game give his specific circumstances.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1rczso36 said:
Seanhawk":1rczso36 said:
SanDiego49er":1rczso36 said:

No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.

OK well it looks like 200 yards sometimes when you are watching it. I thought he did OK. He made some decent plays out there. He also had a few where he got stopped or stuffed short of what the old Beast Mode would do. The old Beast Mode would drag 3 guys on his back 5 - 7 more yards instead of getting stopped on a few of those. But it's hard to say he played bad. He had a few substantial runs and even a TD too. He had a good game give his specific circumstances.

If you were expecting the old Marshawn after 4 years and not one, but two retirements, I don't know what to tell you. And the old Marshawn got stopped plenty of times like he did tonight. You are severely misremembering things like those 200 yard games.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1w7wmezk said:
SanDiego49er":1w7wmezk said:
Seanhawk":1w7wmezk said:
SanDiego49er":1w7wmezk said:

If you were expecting the old Marshawn after 4 years and not one, but two retirements, I don't know what to tell you. And the old Marshawn got stopped plenty of times like he did tonight. You are severely misremembering things like those 200 yard games.

It looks like 200 yard games if you were watching him as a 49ers fan over the years. LOL. He would just run all over you. I don't know what the exact stats were and I don't really care. He would absolutely own out there. That's what I remember. That's the point. And I don't think he did bad. In fact for coming back after a long time out I think he did pretty well and maybe even better than expected. He really wasn't the problem out there. Marshawn did well given his exact circumstances. I was kind of impressed by him in some situations.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Oh, he definitely ran for 200 plus in some of those games.

It's just that 100 of those were yards after contact, carrying 3 or 4 defenders back to the line of scrimmage.

LOL