Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight was just a warmup for Marshawn...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Tonight was just a warmup for Marshawn...
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:06 pm
  • he'll do more next week. :snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 19402
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Agreed. I also expect Turbin to continue to do nothing. Lynch was not bad at all and Homer really played well.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9641
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Agree with both of you, and I would add that for the second half our O Line played better than they have in quite a spell. At least we can justify some hope going forward.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 989
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • I was really impressed with Homer. Having Lynch coupled with the way Homer played might work well.
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1798
    Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 am
    Location: Vancouver, BC


  • Marshawn looked decent in his limited touches. We'll have to see how he holds up after the contact. Sure he will be ready for next week. I think Homer earned the rock this game though
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2185
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm


  • I'll admit that when Lynch broke off his second long run, and when he soared in for the touchdown, my eyes got a bit dusty
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3099
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Jerhawk wrote:I'll admit that when Lynch broke off his second long run, and when he soared in for the touchdown, my eyes got a bit dusty


    My eyes got a lot dusty
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:39 pm


  • For a guy who hadn't played in 14 months and only took it serious about getting ready three weeks ago? He looked great! Give him another week and he may be able to bust another major running TD. But his goal line TD was really pretty as well!
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3133
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


  • Was great game no doubt. Was hoping to see marshawn out on the flat receiving check downs or naked screens. Also turbin good receiver in the flat but never used. Nail biter as usual . Hawks and niners brought their best .can't wait for rematch after Hawks take down eagles
    Uhearditherefirst
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 23
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:04 pm


  • Yes, Marshawn with 1 more week of training and study.

    We win the Superbowl.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2393
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


  • Collinsworth pointed out that the 49ers disregarded Marshawn in the passing game, figuring he hadn't been back long enough to work in on Schotty's offense, so if Marshawn is in, it's most likely a run, or else play action. So it did tip the play a bit, and any run Marshawn did was into a stacked box, which is why his YPC were so low.

    Overall, I was impressed with Marshawn having his game still there, as he showed on the 15-ish yard run when he got a crease. Another week of practice and Marshawn will be up to speed, and truly part of the offense.

    Meanwhile, Homer was excellent. I sure did like how they used Homer and ran wide with him. Fast, tough, and big. Pick two out of three, lol. Homer got several key first downs for us.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3080
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


  • olyfan63 wrote:Collinsworth pointed out that the 49ers disregarded Marshawn in the passing game, figuring he hadn't been back long enough to work in on Schotty's offense, so if Marshawn is in, it's most likely a run, or else play action. So it did tip the play a bit, and any run Marshawn did was into a stacked box, which is why his YPC were so low.

    Overall, I was impressed with Marshawn having his game still there, as he showed on the 15-ish yard run when he got a crease. Another week of practice and Marshawn will be up to speed, and truly part of the offense.

    Meanwhile, Homer was excellent. I sure did like how they used Homer and ran wide with him. Fast, tough, and big. Pick two out of three, lol. Homer got several key first downs for us.

    Well then, Wilson should throw Lynch passes next week against the Eagles cause they don’t expect him to catch passes then.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1378
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


  • He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


  • SanDiego49er wrote:He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.


    No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6482
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


  • Seanhawk wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.


    No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.


    OK well it looks like 200 yards sometimes when you are watching it. I thought he did OK. He made some decent plays out there. He also had a few where he got stopped or stuffed short of what the old Beast Mode would do. The old Beast Mode would drag 3 guys on his back 5 - 7 more yards instead of getting stopped on a few of those. But it's hard to say he played bad. He had a few substantial runs and even a TD too. He had a good game give his specific circumstances.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


  • SanDiego49er wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.


    No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.


    OK well it looks like 200 yards sometimes when you are watching it. I thought he did OK. He made some decent plays out there. He also had a few where he got stopped or stuffed short of what the old Beast Mode would do. The old Beast Mode would drag 3 guys on his back 5 - 7 more yards instead of getting stopped on a few of those. But it's hard to say he played bad. He had a few substantial runs and even a TD too. He had a good game give his specific circumstances.


    If you were expecting the old Marshawn after 4 years and not one, but two retirements, I don't know what to tell you. And the old Marshawn got stopped plenty of times like he did tonight. You are severely misremembering things like those 200 yard games.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6482
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


  • Seanhawk wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He looked like he hasn't played in a long time. Which is exactly the case. But he made a few good plays and had some decent runs and even a TD too. For being out of the NFL for a while I honestly didn't think he played bad. But he was not the same Beast Mode of old either running for 200 yards and multiple TD's.


    No $h!t, no one said he was. And the Beast Mode of old never ran for 200 yards either. His career high in the regular season is 153, 157 in the postseason.


    OK well it looks like 200 yards sometimes when you are watching it. I thought he did OK. He made some decent plays out there. He also had a few where he got stopped or stuffed short of what the old Beast Mode would do. The old Beast Mode would drag 3 guys on his back 5 - 7 more yards instead of getting stopped on a few of those. But it's hard to say he played bad. He had a few substantial runs and even a TD too. He had a good game give his specific circumstances.


    If you were expecting the old Marshawn after 4 years and not one, but two retirements, I don't know what to tell you. And the old Marshawn got stopped plenty of times like he did tonight. You are severely misremembering things like those 200 yard games.


    It looks like 200 yard games if you were watching him as a 49ers fan over the years. LOL. He would just run all over you. I don't know what the exact stats were and I don't really care. He would absolutely own out there. That's what I remember. That's the point. And I don't think he did bad. In fact for coming back after a long time out I think he did pretty well and maybe even better than expected. He really wasn't the problem out there. Marshawn did well given his exact circumstances. I was kind of impressed by him in some situations.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:21 am


  • Oh, he definitely ran for 200 plus in some of those games.

    It's just that 100 of those were yards after contact, carrying 3 or 4 defenders back to the line of scrimmage.

    LOL
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2773
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT




It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online