Did Pete Just Lose the Team?

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
I am not all doom and gloom, but a loss like that has the potential to linger into next week.

I think Pete and Russ might of just lost the team. There was no excuse for that delay of game.

I will be interested to see what team shows up next week.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Russ had the guys huddled and ready after the spike, coaching staff took forever to get the play call in and sent a whole new package with like 8 seconds left.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It has to be demoralizing. Horrible loss last week and heartbreaker this week...what's the message for next week?

justafan

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":2zlra1jp said:
I am not all doom and gloom, but a loss like that has the potential to linger into next week.

I think Pete and Russ might of just lost the team. There was no excuse for that delay of game.

There are alot of positives in the game. We almost beat one of most if not the most talented teams in the league. Hopefully get a little healthier. The niners are peaking at the right time.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think we just showed life for the first time in three weeks.

How can you not be optimistic?. We just took the #2 team in the nfl to the .0002 inch line!

And there should have been a PI call to give us a sb 49 redo.

The future is bright, pass the shades.

We will beat Philly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":31d85g9s said:

Possibly. I just think Pete is old and stubborn and needs to go, there is plenty of evidence of this as well.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Optimus25":1fol09gd said:

How can you not be optimistic?. We just took the #2 team in the nfl to the .0002 inch line!

And there should have been a PI call to give us a sb 48 redo.

We will beat Philly.

How can you be optimistic? We lost the divison at home, showed no life for an entire half and had poor clock management to end the game, per normal. Man give me some of what you're smoking.

I mean I hope we win it all but objectively speaking I just don't see how you see that other than being a biased Seahawk fan.

chris98251

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":36bqivc6 said:
Optimus25":36bqivc6 said:

We will beat Philly.

How can you be optimistic, lost the divison at home, showed no life for an entire half, per nomral.
No clock management per normal. Man give me some of what you're smoking.

I mean I hope we win it all but objectively speaking I just don't see how you see that other than being a biased Seahawk fan.

It's obvious you don't really like the Seahawks after watching this game, all the injuries overcoming those and playing within 3 inches of a Win with a patch work of players and you say your embarrassed by them.

I'm embarrassed that we have site members that offer these type of opinions, the typical fair weather type of fan.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
I don’t think so. Had we kicked a FG in the 1st, a FG wins it in the 4th. We’re also damaged goods. We’re hurting and these guys just played their hearts out. Let’s maybe think of the team first and our own emotional rubbish second.

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":1m2aosmk said:
NFSeahawks628":1m2aosmk said:
Optimus25":1m2aosmk said:

We will beat Philly.

How can you be optimistic, lost the divison at home, showed no life for an entire half, per nomral.

It's obvious you don't really like the Seahawks after watching this game, all the injuries overcoming those and playing within 3 inches of a Win with a patch work of players and you say your embarrassed by them.

I'm embarrassed that we have site members that offer these type of opinions, the typical fair weather type of fan.

People are sick of piss poor coaching, especially when the game is on the line. There is no excuse for the delay of game, none whatsoever. If it just happened today, then fine. It's a reoccurring pattern. Yes the team battle in the 2nd half, good on them. What about the first half?

On the other hand, should have been a penalty, and Hollister should have stretched the ball 6 inches. But, that would Not have mattered if Pete didn't screw Lynch from his goaline run with the STUPID personnel change under 10 seconds..... after a spike stops the playclock. Coaching has to get it together, they have a habit of not being ready after timeouts.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Lost the team? Step away from the edge. They lost by an inch with an injury depleted team to a better team. I see this as bringing the team together.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1pr45mlt said:
Seahawlnut89":1pr45mlt said:

Possibly. I just think Pete is old and stubborn and needs to go, there is plenty of evidence of this as well.
please tell me who you will replace him with or just stop with the endless Fire Pete BS.

bandiger

Reaction score
cymatica":2qsgrnp4 said:
chris98251":2qsgrnp4 said:
NFSeahawks628":2qsgrnp4 said:
Optimus25":2qsgrnp4 said:

We will beat Philly.

People are sick of piss poor coaching, especially when the game is on the line. There is no excuse for the delay of game, none whatsoever. If it just happened today, then fine. It's a reoccurring pattern. Yes the team battle in the 2nd half, good on them. What about the first half?

On the other hand, should have been a penalty, and Hollister should have stretched the ball 6 inches. But, that would Not have mattered if Pete didn't screw Lynch from his goaline run with the STUPID personnel change under 10 seconds..... after a spike stops the playclock. Coaching has to get it together, they have a habit of not being ready after timeouts.

This is just the clincher ruining another potential Lynch gamewinner that we didn't see in the SB. Its ridiculous. Would have been fine with it on both occasions if Lynch got stuffed happens but for a legendary seahawks player give him the chance :p

AKSeahawks

Reaction score
Always comPETE! Pete carroll needs a vacation. Quote from Pete from the past 10 years "we had a opportunity to win the game". Hey Pete it's how YOU START and how you finish!

MrThortan

Reaction score
That's kind of going all doom and gloom. Well, not kind of. It is.

OP
OP
S

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
MrThortan":2n2h42px said:

I respectfully disagree. Fans seem split on Pete right now. Isn't fair to wonder if the players trust Pete?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, they will stop running the effing clock down when they don't have a lead.

We were down almost 2 TDs in the 3rd and we were snapping the ball with 1 sec on the clock. Which also allowed the opposing pass rushers to tee off because they knew we had to snap it that second. Sometimes they would get a running start.

Amazingly, if we hadn't run the clock down so much - we might have had time to score at the end.

I keep hoping for Wilson to have had enough of it and demand his own OC or he holds out. Someone to demand Pete stop playing ball like Ty Willingham for half a game. But Wilson isn't that kind of guy, he will probably never buck Pete or call him out in public. I used to hate that about him but now I have accepted it.

Pete will get you lots of regular-season wins, but he will also get you plenty of postseason disappointments because you mistakenly assume that kind of play will work in the postseason.

Having Pete have the team shove it back in his face is exactly what we need right now. Pete has enough yes men.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Seahawlnut89":16je74uv said:
MrThortan":16je74uv said:

I respectfully disagree. Fans seem split on Pete right now. Isn't fair to wonder if the players trust Pete?

I am sure most, if not all of them, have their minds on the playoffs. I don't know the number, but I am sure the roster is full of players that have dreamed of making it to the playoffs since they were kids and are excited at the opportunity. This was made possible under Pete's umbrella. Most fans are idiots, myself included, so they are not a good barometer on what is going through a player's head. They lost a close game. Not their first, not their last. I am sure the team is better at managing defeat than fans are.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
MrThortan":1xorrp4s said:

I agree and I think our board is infected with non seahawks fans. That’s terrible cuzz Seahawks fans are really bad as it is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the far larger issue than the delay of game penalty is Pete stubbornly running between the tackles to establish the run which, when it doesn't work, he just keeps trying to do for the entire first half before finally opening up the playbook more in the second half which has - basically without failure, EVER - resulted in much more success on offense.