Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW PI RULE SUPPOSED TO FIX THAT

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
NEW PI RULE SUPPOSED TO FIX THAT
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:33 pm
  • Jobbed by the NFL booth.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Re: NEW PI RULE SUPPOSED TO FIX THAT
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:38 pm
  • Blaming the refs is unbecoming. Why you not pointing out the missed calls favoring the Niners?
    Stanley
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:40 pm
  • Stanley wrote:Blaming the refs is unbecoming. Why you not pointing out the missed calls favoring the Niners?

So you don't think a player being mugged in the endzone before the ball arives should be called? Just making sure
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:42 pm
  • Stanley wrote:Blaming the refs is unbecoming. Why you not pointing out the missed calls favoring the Niners?

Whataboutism is unbecoming.

and I am not blaming the refs. They missed the call fine, but have rules in place to fix it.

and they didn't
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm
  • If they had made the call, we probably try a run up the middle, stuffed, then run out of time before the next play. Or not... who knows.
    Maybe pass into the endzone instead of relying on Hollister at the end?
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm
  • Was happy with the last play to Hollister, he literally comes up about 20 cm short on a great tackle.

the story is the delay of game and how the refs missed the hold in the endzone, and decided not to review it even more unexplicably. This is why people cry conspiracy at the reffing
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:05 pm

So says the clown who’s team benefited from the horrendous no call.
    Get lost troll!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:06 pm
  • Followthelegion wrote:Was happy with the last play to Hollister, he literally comes up about 20 cm short on a great tackle.

the story is the delay of game and how the refs missed the hold in the endzone, and decided not to review it even more unexplicably. This is why people cry conspiracy at the reffing

The NFL got their desired result so the rule worked in their eyes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm
  • It was an obvious pi at a crucial time in the game. Terrible missed call but as always it shouldnt have to come down to 1 play. If they played any damn ball in the first half they win this game instead of letting the refs be in position where 1 call can make this much impact
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:36 pm
  • I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:41 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

Even the former ref McCaulley called it an obvious penalty.

Your guy didn’t play the ball he just grabbed Hollister and had no idea when the ball is coming. It was an obvious flag.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

Even the former ref McCaulley called it an obvious penalty.

Your guy didn’t play the ball he just grabbed Hollister and had no idea when the ball is coming. It was an obvious flag.

I agree the defender grabbed him but after Hollister ran his route right into him “initiating contact” after that the most I think you could get is holding but at that point it’s muddied up for the ref I just don’t think it’s blatant and TEs run those routes all the time and they push off in order to get the defender off his spot and that’s what the defender was trying to prevent, he wasn’t gonna let Hollister get his space he was there first.. that defender didn’t reach out and grab he was ran into subsequently he held him so he couldn’t push off so I see holding which isn’t reviewable... we just dissected a play that they have seconds to decide which means it’s not “blatant”
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:56 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

The defender didn't simply make contact, he bear hugged Hollister before the ball arrived. Trying to argue otherwise is just plain disingenuous
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 pm
  • What it was was enough to review it

The NFL wants to call it non-PI fine

The NFL wants to call Lockett short of a 1st down in the first half then fine

Both calls should absolutely have been reviewed.

This is not about overturning them. It is about the league having a rule that coaches can't challenge in the final 2 mins of each half because the league will pause the game to review these things.

The league failed this twice in the same game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:58 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:I don’t think it was “blatant” PI, Hollister ran into the defender “initiating” contact if I was a ref I would not call those because at that point anything goes then Hollister tried to sell the PI... I think there are plenty of things to b!@ch about but c’mon blatant?! I think it’s a problem for all sports I like the flags put away at the end of games rather than them dictate with penalties... let players play, Hollister initiated contact that is the key... he was jockeying for position it’s how you run that route... Wilson the savvy QB he is saw contact threw it hoping for a completion or a penalty... relying on a penalty is a risk he took and lost a down.. oh well

The defender didn't simply make contact, he bear hugged Hollister before the ball arrived. Trying to argue otherwise is just plain disingenuous

I just wrote that he held him I didn’t argue that but that’s not PI, your dude ran into him it wasn’t initiated by the defender take a look!
    The saints PI screw up last year the defender initiated contact it was much clearer...

You be genuine go tell me who INITIATED the contact I have watched it several times... that is all I said
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 am
  • [vine][/vine]
    NINEster wrote:https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1211524375519879168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211524375519879168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F193276-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-2019-game%2Fpage423%2F

So they looked at once quickly? LOL

That is a CYA comment. If they wanted to actually review they could have.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:02 am
  • Should it have been reviewed and then not overturned? Would that make you feel better..? The ref idiot after the game said they somehow reviewed it in 30 seconds... by no means do I agree with the refs on much but to intervene in the game over that call would have been upsetting for whichever team so I like a no-call.
    If you would have told me Wilson has 8 tries inside the 12 yard line so score in the 4th quarter with the game On The line I would bet all my money in the hawks scoring... that’s the crazy part he is CLUTCH and that niner defense was gassed I thought the game was over I thought that 12 magic came through again...
    Last edited by kag0331 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 am
  • cymatica wrote:

Just curious, but why are you using such a big word like "disingenuous" in a comment back to an obvious Whiner fan? You should know by now that they have no idea what it means at all.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:05 am
  • kag0331 wrote:Should it have been reviewed and then not overturned? Would that make you feel better..? The ref idiot after the game said they somehow reviewed it in 30 seconds... by no means do I agree with the refs on much but to intervene in the game over that call would have been upsetting for whichever team so I like a no-call.
    If you would have told me Wilson has 8 tries inside the 12 yard like so score in the 4th quarter with the game On The line I would bet all my money in the hawks scoring... that’s the crazy part he is CLUTCH and that miner defense was gassed

Yes. Pause for review and not overturn it and I would have known that proper protocol was followed. May disagree with outcome but proper protocol was done.

I could live with that. The bar is high for overturning PI / non-PI calls. Has to be blatant. This qualified for a full review
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 am
  • On the non-PI, he says “we did review it” and there was “nothing which rises to the level of a foul based on visual evidence.”

Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:07 am
  • mikeak wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:Should it have been reviewed and then not overturned? Would that make you feel better..? The ref idiot after the game said they somehow reviewed it in 30 seconds... by no means do I agree with the refs on much but to intervene in the game over that call would have been upsetting for whichever team so I like a no-call.
    If you would have told me Wilson has 8 tries inside the 12 yard like so score in the 4th quarter with the game On The line I would bet all my money in the hawks scoring... that’s the crazy part he is CLUTCH and that miner defense was gassed

Yes. Pause for review and not overturn it and I would have known that proper protocol was followed. May disagree with outcome but proper protocol was done.

I could live with that. The bar is high for overturning PI / non-PI calls. Has to be blatant. This qualified for a full review

That’s a fair response.
    Thank you.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:08 am
  • It was a blown or missed call and certainly could have changed the outcome... I'm sure it will be reviewed and talked about later, but doesn't change the game now... They'll do what they always do and shrug their shoulders and say "That should have been called or reviewed",,,, Oh well too late now...
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:08 am
  • Smellyman wrote:On the non-PI, he says “we did review it” and there was “nothing which rises to the level of a foul based on visual evidence.”

I think it’s funny to post a still frame of after the initial contact that defender has a right to that space... cmon a still frame of an entire play is dumb click-bait...
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 am
  • kag0331 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:On the non-PI, he says “we did review it” and there was “nothing which rises to the level of a foul based on visual evidence.”

I think it’s funny to post a still frame of after the initial contact that defender has a right to that space... cmon a still frame of an entire play is dumb click-bait...

so true they bump into each other which means the defender can grab him when ball is in the air.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:13 am
  • NINEster wrote:https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1211524375519879168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211524375519879168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F193276-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-2019-game%2Fpage423%2F

The problem is that this is a CYA answer. We have no way to show that they are lying.

Anyone that saw the game knows that there was enough to stop the game there and review properly. NFL screwed up and this answer is to protect them
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 am
  • Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:24 am
  • Smellyman wrote:

REALLY don't want to debate, but the offensive player is the one who initiates the contact and is attempting to push off. Is defender just supposed to LET him do that?

IMO its a good no call, but I'm pretty sure that's a real unpopular opinion on this site right now.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:38 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

REALLY don't want to debate, but the offensive player is the one who initiates the contact and is attempting to push off. Is defender just supposed to LET him do that?

IMO its a good no call, but I'm pretty sure that's a real unpopular opinion on this site right now.

contact is allowed, an 'attempt' to push isn't a push and he is grabbed and held. Obvious PI
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:45 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

I really don't want to debate....but. Get out of here with that weak BS.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 am
  • TAB420 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

I really don't want to debate....but. Get out of here with that weak BS.

Really don't. As such, I'm done with the convo.

I stated my opinion, but I honestly can't say that I wouldn't be bent out of shape about it had the situations been reversed.

Peace.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:55 am
  • Warner's "hands off" acting at the end of the play, tells you everything you need to know.
    Ship
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:44 am
  • NINEster wrote:https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1211524375519879168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1211524375519879168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F193276-san-francisco-49ers-seattle-seahawks-2019-game%2Fpage423%2F

The problem is that this is a CYA answer. We have no way to show that they are lying.

Anyone that saw the game knows that there was enough to stop the game there and review properly. NFL screwed up and this answer is to protect them
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:08 am
  • That absolutely was PI.
    Should have been Called, reviewed at minimum.
    But I won’t blame the loss on it.

I blame the delay of game, and that was on us, not the Refs.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:43 am
  • Should have been reviewed, what is the point of not allowing teams to challenge under 2minutes. That is clearly broken and just gives more reasons how the NFL can steer games in peoples mind.

With that said, its not the reason for the loss. Nor was the delay of game. We were inches short at the last play & that's what happened. 49ers made a great stopped, just like Butler made a great play.

This is going to be a great playoffs. If we handle business against the Eagles, then we can get the rubber match. Im hoping its the championship game instead, i think Vikings will shock the Saints.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information