Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHEATED!!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:23 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    ringless wrote:Seattle had 8 plays. Yes 8 plays to execute and get in the end zone.
    Seattle did NOT show up for 4 quarters.
    Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

    Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

    Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

    Because it ofttimes only takes ONE good play to win a game...case in point--->it only took ONE play by the 9rs D to Stop Hollister from making it to the goal line.
    oh and, it was 13 - zip, 49rs at the half, the Seahawks fought their way back, and was only down by 5 points, and had a chance of winning the 2nd matchup against the whiners this season, and but for the OBVIOUS PI that wasn't even given a review, the Seahawks get another set of downs from the 1 yard line.


    So...effectively, with the TE TRYING to commit an OPI to score, 8 tries wasn't enough so you wanted 11 tries from the 12 to win the game.

    Come on dude. The game wasn't lost on the PI whether it should have been called or not. Game should never have been there. Seahawks were gifted a 1st down on their previous possession and were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the 49ers possession to even set that situation up.

    The Seahawks couldn't stop the 49ers O in the second half and the only thing that did was a ticky tack personal foul on a player who clearly didn't know the play was over.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6833
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 pm
  • Other way around and you Niner fans would be going nuts. Don't try to act like you wouldn't.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14762
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:07 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Other way around and you Niner fans would be going nuts. Don't try to act like you wouldn't.


    I have stated on this site on multiple occasions I'd probably be upset about the call and that I'd be wrong. That's the reason I'm not really arguing the call all that much. While I think it was a good no call I can't say I wouldn't be angry about it were I more emotionally attached. I still think Crabtree was interfered with in the SB.

    Most of my argument has been whether or not that play was the "reason" for the Seattle loss or if this is an example of the league trying to screw the Seahawks in favor of promoting a "Legacy" team or "Market Building" in the Bay Area as if that was even necessary.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6833
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:14 pm
  • I haven’t read every post here.
    I apologize if this has been addressed.


    I also hadn’t thought about how this may have effected other teams in the playoff mix.

    Tony D. Thought about it, and didn’t hold back.
    Good on ya TD.
    Image
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 19854
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:41 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    ringless wrote:Seattle had 8 plays. Yes 8 plays to execute and get in the end zone.
    Seattle did NOT show up for 4 quarters.
    Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

    Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

    Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

    Because it ofttimes only takes ONE good play to win a game...case in point--->it only took ONE play by the 9rs D to Stop Hollister from making it to the goal line.
    oh and, it was 13 - zip, 49rs at the half, the Seahawks fought their way back, and was only down by 5 points, and had a chance of winning the 2nd matchup against the whiners this season, and but for the OBVIOUS PI that wasn't even given a review, the Seahawks get another set of downs from the 1 yard line.


    So...effectively, with the TE TRYING to commit an OPI to score, 8 tries wasn't enough so you wanted 11 tries from the 12 to win the game.

    Come on dude. The game wasn't lost on the PI whether it should have been called or not. Game should never have been there. Seahawks were gifted a 1st down on their previous possession and were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the 49ers possession to even set that situation up.

    The Seahawks couldn't stop the 49ers O in the second half and the only thing that did was a ticky tack personal foul on a player who clearly didn't know the play was over.


    You are assuming the 49ers convert after that 15 yard penalty. It was a bad call, but you really have no basis to say they wouldn't have stopped them. SF only had 13 points in the 1st half despite Seattle getting under 100 yards.

    You are also assuming the TE was trying to commit OPI. If you watch the replay, he was trying to run a run, which the 49er defender moved into. Then when turning for the ball, both his arms were wrapped up. There really is no justification to say it wasn't DPI, except for your opinion of what he was trying to do.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1472
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


Re: CHEATED!!
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:01 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    ringless wrote:Seattle had 8 plays. Yes 8 plays to execute and get in the end zone.
    Seattle did NOT show up for 4 quarters.
    Seattle has benefited more times than I can remember from officiating. It's rare that on the end of games those flags get thrown. The LoB use to know that better than anyone.

    Instead of focusing on the one flag or possible non call. Why not focus on the 8 chances the team had and wasn't good enough to execute. Most of you are missing the bigger picture. Both on the micro scale (the 8 chances) and the macro (playing for 2 of 4 quarters)

    Same thing with Arizona. Seattle is a victim from self inflicted wounds. Nobody else's

    Because it ofttimes only takes ONE good play to win a game...case in point--->it only took ONE play by the 9rs D to Stop Hollister from making it to the goal line.
    oh and, it was 13 - zip, 49rs at the half, the Seahawks fought their way back, and was only down by 5 points, and had a chance of winning the 2nd matchup against the whiners this season, and but for the OBVIOUS PI that wasn't even given a review, the Seahawks get another set of downs from the 1 yard line.


    So...effectively, with the TE TRYING to commit an OPI to score, 8 tries wasn't enough so you wanted 11 tries from the 12 to win the game.

    Come on dude. The game wasn't lost on the PI whether it should have been called or not. Game should never have been there. Seahawks were gifted a 1st down on their previous possession and were gifted a 15 yard penalty on the 49ers possession to even set that situation up.

    The Seahawks couldn't stop the 49ers O in the second half and the only thing that did was a ticky tack personal foul on a player who clearly didn't know the play was over.


    You are assuming the 49ers convert after that 15 yard penalty. It was a bad call, but you really have no basis to say they wouldn't have stopped them. SF only had 13 points in the 1st half despite Seattle getting under 100 yards.

    You are also assuming the TE was trying to commit OPI. If you watch the replay, he was trying to run a run, which the 49er defender moved into. Then when turning for the ball, both his arms were wrapped up. There really is no justification to say it wasn't DPI, except for your opinion of what he was trying to do.


    1) You have no evidence to say they DON'T convert and the Niners had matched Seattle score for score until that drive. You can't tell me there is no difference between 3rd and 5 and 3rd and 20. Come on.

    The point here tho is that its an entirely different game if that's 3rd and 5 and not 3rd and 20. Who knows what happens. The chances tho at a conversion on that down are astronomically larger on 3rd and 5.

    I can also make the argument that there is no evidence that the Seahawks score from the 1 if PI IS called. Of course the chances go way up just as they do on 3rd and 5, but if they get stuffed as they had done previously in the game on 4th and one, there is no guarantee there is even another play with the clock ticking.

    2) The entire point of that play is for the TE to initiate contact and pull away. This isn't a complaint BTW. Kittle runs that sort of play. All TEs do. You initiate contact, the defender is pushed back, and you cut back to create space. The TEs are begins to extend inside to push away. If he extends completely that's OPI.

    Warner doesn't let that happen and fans call PI.

    That's why I think its a good no call. No OPI, no PI.

    I can see how fans would be upset tho which is why I don't argue it all that strongly, even though IMO its a good no call.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6833
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Previous


It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online