Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does this Dallas game impact us

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Does this Dallas game impact us
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:32 pm
  • If so how
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Does this Dallas game impact us
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:48 pm
  • Only really if we lose and get the #5 seed, which is probably. Then the Dallas game might decide where we play game one of playoffs, Dallas or Philly.

If we win, we would be the #3 seed and host the Vikes, so Dallas doesn't much matter in that scenario.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:50 pm
  • Philly loses, Dallas wins. Puts Dallas in the playoffs instead of Philly. Doesn't change our seeding at all, but if we lose, we play Dallas or Philly.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:54 pm
  • sutz wrote:Only really if we lose and get the #5 seed, which is probably. Then the Dallas game might decide where we play game one of playoffs, Dallas or Philly.

If we win, we would be the #3 seed and host the Vikes, so Dallas doesn't much matter in that scenario.

So in what scenario do we play Dallas . If they lose or if they win today . Understanding if we win were at home and the 3 seed at worst.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:56 pm
  • Only if you think there's a significant difference in playing between the Cowboys and Eagles (if we lose tonight). I think I'd rather draw the Cowboys since they're poorly coached, but it would figure if all that talent they have finally clicked next week. Playing the Cowboys also has some advantages in that it isn't east coast and plays in a stadium that isn't vulnerable to outside conditions.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:56 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:Only really if we lose and get the #5 seed, which is probably. Then the Dallas game might decide where we play game one of playoffs, Dallas or Philly.

So in what scenario do we play Dallas . If they lose or if they win today . Understanding if we win were at home and the 3 seed at worst.

Green part is true. I believe Philly would have to lose for Dallas to get the #4 seed. Vikes have #6 seed locked already
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:03 pm
  • Rat wrote:Only if you think there's a significant difference in playing between the Cowboys and Eagles (if we lose tonight). I think I'd rather draw the Cowboys since they're poorly coached, but it would figure if all that talent they have finally clicked next week. Playing the Cowboys also has some advantages in that it isn't east coast and plays in a stadium that isn't vulnerable to outside conditions.

After what happened last year you would rather travel to Texas . I disagree I think our chances are better against Philly I guess we'll find out.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:18 pm
  • It seams the Eagles have the Tie breaker if they win there in.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:29 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:It seams the Eagles have the Tie breaker if they win there in.

Nope. They split head to head so it comes down to division record, they are currently both 4-1 in division, if Philly loses and Dallas wins, Dallas is in with a 5-1 to 4-2 advantage.

Edit- Just realized you said win and they're in, which is true, however has nothing to do with tiebreakers in that situation because they would have a better record than Dallas if they win.
    Last edited by XxXdragonXxX on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:33 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:It seams the Eagles have the Tie breaker if they win there in.

Nope. They split head to head so it comes down to division record, they are currently both 4-1 in division, if Philly loses and Dallas wins, Dallas is in with a 5-1 to 4-2 advantage.

Nope Giants are a division opponent it comes down to common opponent Eagles take it.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:35 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:It seams the Eagles have the Tie breaker if they win there in.

Nope Giants are a division opponent it comes down to common opponent Eagles take it.

Yeah, check the edit. You were talking about tiebreakers in a scenario that wouldn't involve any tiebreakers. If the Eagles win there are in based on having a better record, not based on tiebreakers. They would be 9-7 and Dallas is currently 7-8.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:39 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:

Yeah, check the edit. You were talking about tiebreakers in a scenario that wouldn't involve any tiebreakers. If the Eagles win there are in based on having a better record, not based on tiebreakers. They would be 9-7 and Dallas is currently 7-8.

I see the confusion I thought they both had the same record. None the less the Eagle win it's over for Dallas and that's the point I was making.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:44 pm
  • 10-3 Eagles currently.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:47 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:10-3 Eagles currently.

Go Eags. End the Cowboys season.
    Only the Seahawks making the playoffs is better than the Cowpatties and stealers missing the playoffs.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:54 pm
  • ...and Eagles are just as beat up as us.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:46 pm
  • On that pass from Case to #15 Sims, almost the entire Cowboys defense was making business decisions. Was astonished at that. Lousy coaching...
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information