Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weirdest Seahawks' Game Ever?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Weirdest Seahawks' Game Ever?
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:35 pm
  • I can't ever remember a game like this. We lose almost all of our running backs and have to bring in a legend that has been retired for a year and a half? Another (Turbin) whose last two seasons netted 63 yds?

Injured players all over? Implications of a division championship?

Makes for great TV. Ratings should be through the roof.

Can anyone remember a game as peculiar as this one is going in?

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/sunday-nig ... picks-2019
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Weirdest Seahawks' Game Ever?
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:50 pm
  • No and throwing Boz into the mix pushed things into the realm of bizarre. I'll no longer be surprised if somebody comes out of the tunnel wearing Frosty the Snowman's magical hat. They pulled out all the stops and I'm a little confused, should we be happy, laughing at the insanity or sad?

Anyways - Fire up the circus music.
    sprhawk73
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:36 pm
  • Back in the Knox days, we lost Curt and brought in Franco Harris, then Cullen Bryant, and McCutchen, that was weird, At the same time Harris and Jim Brown were trading barbs about who was a legitimate RB and that Franco was soft and challenged him to a foot race of 40 yards.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:53 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Back in the Knox days, we lost Curt and brought in Franco Harris, then Cullen Bryant, and McCutchen, that was weird, At the same time Harris and Jim Brown were trading barbs about who was a legitimate RB and that Franco was soft and challenged him to a foot race of 40 yards.

Yeah and the Franco-era Stealer's players were lamenting that Franco had that "stupid bird" on his helmet.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:18 pm
  • The SNF game against the Rams when we were 6-9 and they were 7-8 and Hassleback was benched cus he sucked so hard the game before seems close. We had Clipboard Jesus starting and they had the #1 pick and Hiesman winner Sam Bradford. We pissed off the NFL world and won backing in to the playoffs as 7-9 losers!!! But the fun was only beginning.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:23 pm
  • evergreen wrote:The SNF game against the Rams when we were 6-9 and they were 7-8 and Hassleback was benched cus he sucked so hard the game before seems close. We had Clipboard Jesus starting and they had the #1 pick and Hiesman winner Sam Bradford. We pissed off the NFL world and won backing in to the playoffs as 7-9 losers!!! But the fun was only beginning.

Short memory, no? Hass wasn't benched because he "sucked". He was injured so CBJ got the start that week. Hass came back for game 1 of the playoffs which turned out to be the BeastQuake one. The rest is history.
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:05 pm
  • That's what makes it so fun to be a Seahawks fan.
    They make football fun, yet frustrating at the same time. It's incredible.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:20 pm
  • I think Jim Zorn's -30 passing yards against the Rams when the Hawks were shutout and went -7 yds total on the day comes to mind. Seriously, how many times have teams finished with NEGATIVE yards?
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:47 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:I think Jim Zorn's -30 passing yards against the Rams when the Hawks were shutout and went -7 yds total on the day comes to mind. Seriously, how many times have teams finished with NEGATIVE yards?

Nobody else has done that I think.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:00 pm
  • Not the weirdest, but the game in Miami with the sprinklers on.
    Keyhawk
    NET Starter

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 am
  • The weirdest game (in a different way) I can remember was the crazy rain delay game in KC where there were waterfalls coming down the bleachers. Then we got burned by a surprise long pass to lose the game.

I know this is totally unrelated and not with the spirit of the thread about odd personnel, but it just jumped back into my mind from the thread title.
    schkoot
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:45 am
  • Bringing in Pete Hunter off the street to play against the Cowgirls was weird too.

No game more weird though with the NFCCG against the Pack. From the game to the crazy weather.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 am
  • Game against the Chiefs where Derrick Thomas sacked Krieg 7 times in 1990 was pretty weird. Seattle still won 17-16.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information