Hollister

Largent80

Reaction score
Talk about a guy that has made the MOST of his chances and Jacob Hollister has stepped up BIG TIME. He has great hands and gets open frequently and Russ trusts him.

We got him from NE for a 7th rounder, and with all the other TE's hurt all Hollister has done is become rock SOLID.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with you. :twisted:

He is stepping up big time. :snack:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
His numbers are not that far off from Dissly's since he took over. He has been incredible and has stepped up when everyone thought we were screwed at that position.

toffee

Reaction score
Pete and John made a few productive FA signing this year, from Clowney, Digg, to Hollister. Without these guys, we couldn't have our current record. If Ansah, and Gordon could contribute at the level of those three, we can go deep into the playoff.

From the draft to FA signings, John deserve to be GM of the year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
toffee":n50k2loi said:
Pete and John made a few productive FA signing this year, from Clowney, Digg, to Hollister.

None of those three were Free Agent signings.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hollister has been a Godsend. I'm just happy that we were able to realize it before he was snapped off our PS, and in turn gutsy enough to trade Vannett for what became Diggs and a 7th round pick.

I am usually very bearish on this FO's ability to self scout. But in this particular case, they absolutely killed it in that department. And I don't believe we're anywhere close to the Niners in the standings if they didn't make the moves they did. Retaining Hollister and trading Vannett with the resulting returns has absolutely saved this season.

Hollister needs to be a long term Hawk. Regardless if Dissly ends up fully recovering and starting in future years. His skillset is different than Dissly's and he could still be employed effectively in 2 TE sets going forward.

Jville

Reaction score
Surprised at the absence of thread praise for Hollister's blocking along with the excellent blocking of other Seahawk receivers. It's something that continues to elude many in spite of team insistence on running the football. It's the blocking game that must come together for Championship caliber play in December.

Reference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160029[/urltargetblank]

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":2b4xx1mu said:
Surprised at the absence of thread praise for Hollister's blocking along with the excellent blocking of other Seahawk receivers. It's something that continues to elude many in spite of team insistence on running the football. It's the blocking game that must come together for Championship caliber play in December.

Reference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160029[/urltargetblank]
Yeah, he's an all around player to be sure. :2thumbs:

Rat

Reaction score
Belichick gave us Coleman for a sixth a few years back too. We should trade with them more often when a wideout isn't involved.

niveky

Reaction score
IF Dissly can come on next year and be healthy...Dissly, Hollister, Lockett, Metcalf, Gordon(if he stays out of trouble and if his contract is up I bet the hawks could get him back on the cheap as a prove it deal at the very least), Turner and Moore(both begun to show more and more they can be counted on in key situations even when they aren't getting the ball much overall), then you factor Carson and Penny out of the backfield and the extra emphasis on rb pass catching and this offense has the potential to be downright scary.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Always an added risk when you pick up a Patriot for two reasons ....

1. Is talent overrated due to success primarily attributed to BB’s system and winning culture.
2. If BB is willing to let him go for pennies, is there something we don’t know ?

Luckily, we have a GM who is willing to learn from mistakes and is fabulous at mitigating risk. Rob is right, Hollister has been paramount in transforming our offense and producing some huge wins.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Rat":hq1kc530 said:
Belichick gave us Coleman for a sixth a few years back too. We should trade with them more often when a wideout isn't involved.

They gave up JimmyG for a few dollars as well.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I thought of Dissly and Hollister on the same team next year. Now I need new pants.

kmeleon

Reaction score
He's on my Fantasy team to boot :mrgreen:

On the bench because of Hunter Henry....but I've been contemplating :snack:

Jville

Reaction score
The pride of Bend, Oregon :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/1203023812435959808[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice. I used to gig down there at the Sun River Resort way back in the early to mid 90's. Cool little area.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
On the surface Hollister might look like just another player. But I think he is one of those players who has the "it" factor. He just needed the right environment to flourish. Carroll, Russ, and the Hawks provided that for him and he is paying back big time. Great pickup. I love the guy. He and Dissley make a terrific pair of tight ends.