Russell's record broken

Scorpion05

Reaction score
He was tied with Vick, but Russ was the most recent QB to accomplish this feat, until now:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PMGleason/status/1201242297058369537[/tweet]

I found this statistic fascinating, because the general narrative throughout the country is that Russ was along for the ride with that team. In reality, he had some amazing games with his legs. It's a shame his rushing yards weren't as respected back then as Lamar's is now, although obviously Lamar is shattering rushing records for a QB. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Pete embraced Russ' athleticism more.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The hypocrisy on display this season frustrates me. Everyone's drooling over Lamar for taking over games primarily because of his legs (and even a lot of his passing is a benefit from his threat to run), but Russell's running has always been held AGAINST him.

Such an annoying double standard; and Lamar is a reckless runner. He's trending in the direction of RGKnee, not multiple Super Bowl winner the way I see it right now, if he doesn't start protecting himself - which will cause a hindrance to his running, and also affect his passing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
They are a mild sprained ankle to their offense going in the tank.

They have a ton of designed runs for Lamar. RW (he kept some ROs, but not very often really) was always more freelance and he took care of himself to avoid big hits.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Jackson is an amazing talent and I think he's good for the NFL. I just wish he had waited another year for this breakout season so Russ could walk away with MVP.

The thing of it is Jackson can't maintain this play style or he's gonna shorten his NFL career. Just like Russ he's gonna have to dial back the running aspect of his game and rely more on his arm. The question is can he do that as effectively and Russell Wilson has??

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RG3 stole the 2012 Rookie of the year honor from Wilson, and LJ will steal the 2019 MVP from him.

Wilson will walk away with 2 more important things than the other 2 combined. More money and more rings.