2013 Seahawks Rated #18 Greatest NFL Team of All Time

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • In NFL Network's "Top 100" series, "Top 100 Greatest NFL Teams".

Not too shabby considering the teams they beat out. A year and finish no 12 will ever forget.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• way too low
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

• quadsas wrote:way too low

I agree. I think our D was the third best in the Super Bowl era (85 Bears, 00 Ravens). The fact that there are teams that couldn't seal the deal (07 Patriots) ahead of us is an insult.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Who is all ahead?I suppose the old Packers and Browns hold a few spots.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:Who is all ahead?I suppose the old Packers and Browns hold a few spots.

1. 72 Dolphins
    2. 85 Bears
    3. 78 Steelers
    4. 84 49ers
    5. 89 49ers
    6. 92 Cowboys
    7. 07 Patriots
    8. 76 Raiders
    9. 62 Packers
    10. 75 Steelers
    11. 99 Rams
    12. 86 Giants
    13. 66 Packers
    14. 98 Broncos
    15. 91 Redskins
    16. 04 Patriots
    17. 77 Cowboys
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I’m like WTF, and I see the teams listed and I’m not as mad.
    Still think they should be higher after beating the greatest offense ever, but a lot of quality on that list.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The 2013 Seahawks would DESTROY the 1972 Dolphins. Just sayin'... :lol:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• It is so aggravating for me to watch videos of any kind with our internet speed. It’s just barely fast enough to stream our TV and with everyone trying to stream in this house, watching videos on NFL.com is impossible. :229031_banghead:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Sports Hernia wrote:I’m like WTF, and I see the teams listed and I’m not as mad.
    Still think they should be higher after beating the greatest offense ever, but a lot of quality on that list.

When you annihilate the greatest offense of all time in the Superb Owl you are an all time great team. In 10 years that team will be considered Top 5 at worst, just look at the names, it's absurd how good that team was
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

• I have but one major complaint about this list.......the '07 Patriots have no business being anywhere near the top-10. In my opinion if you don't win the Super Bowl you get relegated to the highest spot for non-Super Bowl winners no matter how great you looked and people thought you were.

I of course would've loved to see the Hawks a bit higher but it is what it is.

'72 Phins were great though I question if they were the best ever. But hey, if you're the only undefeated team ever you deserve it.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Maulbert wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Who is all ahead?I suppose the old Packers and Browns hold a few spots.

1. 72 Dolphins2. 85 Bears
    3. 78 Steelers4. 84 49ers5. 89 49ers
    6. 92 Cowboys
    7. 07 Patriots8. 76 Raiders9. 62 Packers10. 75 Steelers11. 99 Rams
    12. 86 Giants
    13. 66 Packers14. 98 Broncos15. 91 Redskins
    16. 04 Patriots17. 77 Cowboys

The ones in bold I feel like we would have beaten them..Others maybe not.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Should be way higher. Sometimes I think the 2013 Seahawks would have beaten any team that night in NY. They played damn near perfect on offense, defense, and special teams.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• IDK .. that 72 Dolphins team was a great team, all the way around.. strangely, I think everyone thought the Dolphins of the next year was a better Dolphin team, but they arn't on the list, soo.. who knows.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• It’s fair. If Pete was programmed to beat teams by more than a point the team would be higher.

At the time, games weren’t close but looking back and seeing only stats makes the ride more touch and go. The world beater only came out really during the super bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• quadsas wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I’m like WTF, and I see the teams listed and I’m not as mad.

When you annihilate the greatest offense of all time in the Superb Owl you are an all time great team. In 10 years that team will be considered Top 5 at worst, just look at the names, it's absurd how good that team was

You guys are overrating this "greatest offense of all time".

There's a big difference between an offense that sets records for points in the regular season, and one that wins championships when it matters.

The '89 49ers are the only team with a #1 offense that beat a #1 defense in a Super Bowl (5 games I believe all time). Usually it's the other way around.

'99 Rams lost to the Patriots. '90 Bills lost to the Giants (Belichick both times). The '07 Patriots had a pretty special offense too before getting taken down by the Giants.

These greatest offenses ever are so pass-heavy based, they get exposed as not super dominant on the ground when it matters.

To sum up, the 2013 Seahawks were a special team for beating a #1 offense, but this idea that the 2013 Broncos were the greatest juggernaut unstoppable offense ever is BS. It had Peyton Manning running it FFS.....look at his career postseason stats......underwhelming to say the least.

The '84 Niners had to contend with Marino's 48 TD passes in a regular season...…..which still dwarfs anything any QB has ever done statistically, adjusted for passing inflation. Shut down 38-16.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:
    quadsas wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I’m like WTF, and I see the teams listed and I’m not as mad.

There's a big difference between an offense that sets records for points in the regular season, and one that wins championships when it matters.

The '89 49ers are the only team with a #1 offense that beat a #1 defense in a Super Bowl (5 games I believe all time). Usually it's the other way around.

'99 Rams lost to the Patriots. '90 Bills lost to the Giants (Belichick both times). The '07 Patriots had a pretty special offense too before getting taken down by the Giants.

These greatest offenses ever are so pass-heavy based, they get exposed as not super dominant on the ground when it matters.

To sum up, the 2013 Seahawks were a special team for beating a #1 offense, but this idea that the 2013 Broncos were the greatest juggernaut unstoppable offense ever is BS. It had Peyton Manning running it FFS.....look at his career postseason stats......underwhelming to say the least.

The '84 Niners had to contend with Marino's 48 TD passes in a regular season...…..which still dwarfs anything any QB has ever done statistically, adjusted for passing inflation. Shut down 38-16.

Bitter Betty, back again, and still not owning up to $h!t he spewed. We've got a plate of crow waiting for you in the shack.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Really depends on which eras rules are used in each match up now doesn't it, our team could play in bygone eras since they were a physical team, many of those physical teams would have issues in our current era with the speed and rules.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• NINEster wrote:
    quadsas wrote:

I agree with this. The 2013 Broncos didn't really face many good defenses, the league was more offensive oriented that year. They had the best statistical year which is good in a vacuum, but they were a finesse team that couldn't handle a grind it out game with a team that matched up well. Definitely not the best offense of all time
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:
    quadsas wrote:

The '99 Rams didn't even play the Patriots. They beat the Titans in the Super Bowl.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information