Everyone needs to win everything

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:52 pm
  • When the Seahawks make the NFCCG all bets are off - but we damn well better win Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP(Clowney), Exec/yr, Coach/yr, and.... OWNER OF THE YEAR, POSTHUMOUSLY, thank you Paul.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:56 pm
  • How in the HELL did John get us Clowney, Diggs, Hollister, Gordon, Jason Myers for like $5 and a return receipt in over the span of like 5 months? Are other gm's just mouth breathers or what? Holy hell John.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:59 pm
  • Side note, can you imagine this entire city watching Russ, Pete, and John on the SB winners podium, with Russ being famously quoted "This one's for Paul." ?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:Side note, can you imagine this entire city watching Russ, Pete, and John on the SB winners podium, with Russ being famously quoted "This one's for Paul." ?


    I for one would LOVE to see that happen.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *
     
    Posts: 1089
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:38 pm
    Location: Here and there


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:Side note, can you imagine this entire city watching Russ, Pete, and John on the SB winners podium, with Russ being famously quoted "This one's for Paul." ?


    Weeping eyes everywhere!
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1252
    Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:16 pm
    Location: Avondale, Arizona!!!!!!!!!!


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:12 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:When the Seahawks make the NFCCG all bets are off - but we damn well better win Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP(Clowney), Exec/yr, Coach/yr, and.... OWNER OF THE YEAR, POSTHUMOUSLY, thank you Paul.


    Sadly awards are voted for prior to the playoffs. MVP is won in sept-nov. As far as awards go, it is how you start, not how you finish. That injustice alone will keep Pete and his crew from garnering this kind of recognition.

    I just want a home playoff game and a nice playoff run. Super Bowl is wishful thinking with the murderers row of excellent teams and QBs in the NFC.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1485
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:44 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:Side note, can you imagine this entire city watching Russ, Pete, and John on the SB winners podium, with Russ being famously quoted "This one's for Paul." ?


    Screen grab from the 2013 SB celebration. RIP PA
    Attachments
    paulandtrophy1.jpg
    paulandtrophy1.jpg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2171
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 am
  • A Seahawk needs to win Super Bowl MVP. All other stuff is unimportant.
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6051
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:02 am
  • Seafan wrote:A Seahawk needs to win Super Bowl MVP. All other stuff is unimportant.

    This ^^^ :ditto:
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:06 am
  • The way they are pushing for Lamar Jackson, I don't think Russ gets it, even if he deserves it.
    It's not gonna' happen. Really hope I'm wrong, but I'm done thinking that guy will EVER get his due. He has never even had ONE MVP vote his entire career. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14205
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:22 pm
  • Lamar is a hell of a talent, whooped our butts, but he is not more valuable to his team than Russ is to his, I think we all pretty much know this though, won’t stop being really annoying. Oh well, win the SB who cares about all the other stufff, we know, the players who get owned by Russ every Sunday know, that’s really all that matters.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 pm
  • I'll take SB but could care less about the individual crap..
    Oh and the SB MVP?Peyton won his with the Colts but I
    can tell you he sure did not deserve it.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4894
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 pm
  • To get all that...win everything from here on out . simple as that.
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1402
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:06 pm
  • Seafan wrote:A Seahawk needs to win Super Bowl MVP. All other stuff is unimportant.

    Great post
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22977
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 pm
  • SNDavidson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Seafan wrote:A Seahawk needs to win Super Bowl MVP. All other stuff is unimportant.

    Great post


    I guess, but the two things are mutually exclusive. One does not relate to the other at all. The MVP is a team award as well because your team has to be successful for a player to be considered. If Russell wins it, it will mean the Seahawks will have won at least 12 games. That is something that has only happened 4 times in team history. He is not winning it if the Hawks go 3-3 in their final 6 games.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:29 am
  • We'll see how durable Lamar is. I'm skeptical. He's eventually going to take some hard hits, then we'll see.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 909
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:43 am
  • Well there appears to be 2 trains of thought about this year's Seahawks on this board.
    1. They are Superbowl bound Supermen that are deserving to win everything, and
    2. They are a team that is rebuilding.

    I lean towards #1. And Cowherd is stating the obvious that Russell Wilson makes everyone on the team better (both offence and defence) because of his leadership, his talent, his attitude etc.

    And I'm enjoying the ride here. Just like Tiger Woods, RW is that generational talent that won't be replaced for a very long time after his retirement.
    Palmegranite
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 520
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 pm
  • Isn't it odd that Lamar Jackson gets credit for his rushing yards added to his passing yards for total yard production. RW has never been given the same treatment for his rushing yards + Lamar Jackson has pencil legs and is an injury waiting to happen, however he's an East coast guy and everyone knows that is all that matters in the NFL.
    :smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1483
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am
    Location: Camano Island, WA


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:25 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:We'll see how durable Lamar is. I'm skeptical. He's eventually going to take some hard hits, then we'll see.


    It was the Baltimore defense that KO'd Robert Griffin III, when he was the next big thing with the Redskins a few years back, so at least Jackson doesn't have to face them in *games*.

    Jackson is one minor injury away from being a much-lesser factor. Tweaks/Pulls a hammy? Total devastation of his game. Takes some other injurious hard hit? Likewise. It will be interesting to see how the league adapts to him and if he can stay healthy and productive at that high level. Cam Newton couldn't do it, long term. Cam and the Panthers did have that one amazing season, where they had 1 loss and then lost in the Owl to the Broncos, IIRC.

    I don't buy the "East Coast Bias" for Jackson on this one. The dude absolutely shredded our defense, and always at the critical moment when we needed a stop. Nobody in the league has yet come up with a blueprint for stopping him though. Right now, he's that "Oh SH*T!!" player that when he starts doing the sandlot thing, as an opponent that's about all you can say as he weaves and runs through your team's defense like they were barely there.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2642
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:55 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:.......Nobody in the league has yet come up with a blueprint for stopping him though. Right now, he's that "Oh SH*T!!" player that when he starts doing the sandlot thing, as an opponent that's about all you can say as he weaves and runs through your team's defense like they were barely there.

    I really thought Belichick was gonna stop him when they played. Who knows, maybe he was sandbagging knowing they could well meet in the playoffs and he'll have a plan to slow him way down. And maybe he doesn't have any better idea on how to stop Lamar than anyone else does. <shrug> It appears they're on a collision course for a playoff game. KC notwithstanding.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22977
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:11 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:.......Nobody in the league has yet come up with a blueprint for stopping him though. Right now, he's that "Oh SH*T!!" player that when he starts doing the sandlot thing, as an opponent that's about all you can say as he weaves and runs through your team's defense like they were barely there.

    I really thought Belichick was gonna stop him when they played. Who knows, maybe he was sandbagging knowing they could well meet in the playoffs and he'll have a plan to slow him way down. And maybe he doesn't have any better idea on how to stop Lamar than anyone else does. <shrug> It appears they're on a collision course for a playoff game. KC notwithstanding.


    Belichick sandbagging for a possible playoff game was my first thought after that game too.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:22 am
  • Given nobody won anything the year Seattle won the Super Bowl (other than Super Bowl MVP), I'm not holding my breath.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 106778
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm


Re: Everyone needs to win everything
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:44 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:.......Nobody in the league has yet come up with a blueprint for stopping him though. Right now, he's that "Oh SH*T!!" player that when he starts doing the sandlot thing, as an opponent that's about all you can say as he weaves and runs through your team's defense like they were barely there.

    I really thought Belichick was gonna stop him when they played. Who knows, maybe he was sandbagging knowing they could well meet in the playoffs and he'll have a plan to slow him way down. And maybe he doesn't have any better idea on how to stop Lamar than anyone else does. <shrug> It appears they're on a collision course for a playoff game. KC notwithstanding.


    Belichick sandbagging for a possible playoff game was my first thought after that game too.


    Not a snowball's chance in hell. Belichick would never put his team at a disadvantage now for a perceived advantage later. Goes against everything he believes and preaches. Every season when they have covered HFA in the playoffs, Belichick continues to start Brady and all other the other starters and never takes his foot off the gas pedal.

    Baltimore won that game with defense. They were able to shutdown the Patriots offense for the entire first half and by the time the pats adjusted and started scoring, it was just too much to overcome. That defense made Brady look old. It's the first time I've thought to myself that it might be time for Brady to retire.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2731
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm




It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information