Who do we root for this week?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Who do we root for this week?
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:26 pm
  • Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Re: Who do we root for this week?
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

I ain't rooting for the Cheatriots.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

I can't either. I think we'll be ok against the Eagles regardless. Definitely rooting for the Cards. Of the other ones listed, hey if it happens it happens...not counting on those teams.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 pm
  • Go Cardinals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:59 pm
  • Wins by Tampa Bay over the Saints, and Arizona over the 49ers would put us into the #2 seed in the NFC over the bye.

With that in mind, the following week, if we beat the Eagles and the 49ers beat Green Bay, we are the #1 seed in the NFC. If Green Bay beats the 49ers, we go up an extra game in the division, but drop to the #2 seed behind Green Bay.

Of course, that scenario is contingent on the Cardinals beating the 49ers. If the 49ers beat the Cardinals, we retain the #2 seed if they then lose to Green Bay and we beat the Eagles. If they beat Green Bay too, they retain the #1 seed while we fall to the #5, even with a win. With a loss next week, we would retain #5 if Denver beats the Vikings, but drop to #6 if the Vikings win. If the Saints beat Tampa Bay and then lose to the Panthers the following week, we'd still retain the #1 slot with a win and a 49ers loss to the Cardinals. A 49ers win over the Cardinals but loss to Green Bay would keep Green Bay the #1 spot and us the #2 spot at best no matter what.

Those appear to be the only really important games with regard to our standings. So, this week, root for Tampa Bay and Arizona no matter what. That is the most important by far. You'd also want to root for Denver, as that could impact us later on down the line with another loss or two.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:22 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Wins by Tampa Bay over the Saints, and Arizona over the 49ers would put us into the #2 seed in the NFC over the bye.

With that in mind, the following week, if we beat the Eagles and the 49ers beat Green Bay, we are the #1 seed in the NFC. If Green Bay beats the 49ers, we go up an extra game in the division, but drop to the #2 seed behind Green Bay.

Of course, that scenario is contingent on the Cardinals beating the 49ers. If the 49ers beat the Cardinals, we retain the #2 seed if they then lose to Green Bay and we beat the Eagles. If they beat Green Bay too, they retain the #1 seed while we fall to the #5, even with a win. With a loss next week, we would retain #5 if Denver beats the Vikings, but drop to #6 if the Vikings win. If the Saints beat Tampa Bay and then lose to the Panthers the following week, we'd still retain the #1 slot with a win and a 49ers loss to the Cardinals. A 49ers win over the Cardinals but loss to Green Bay would keep Green Bay the #1 spot and us the #2 spot at best no matter what.

Those appear to be the only really important games with regard to our standings. So, this week, root for Tampa Bay and Arizona no matter what. That is the most important by far. You'd also want to root for Denver, as that could impact us later on down the line with another loss or two.

honestly I prefer the scenario of us having to steal the division from the niners at the end of the season. It would be so much sweeter having us ruin their season.
    blazen2392
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:59 am
  • zchurch74 wrote:Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

This is exactly who i hope wins but not necessarily rooting for.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Wins by Tampa Bay over the Saints, and Arizona over the 49ers would put us into the #2 seed in the NFC over the bye.

That's A LOT of "IF's in your statement, my friend! Thank you for writing it out!
    Seagal2013
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:08 am
  • AZ
    xray
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:43 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

I agree. Not only do I not like the Patriots in general, we already have a 2 game lead in the loss column and we play the Eagles next week. Even if the 2nd tie breaker, ie conference record, was relevant, it's a non conference game.

I really don't get all that enamored with what the competition outside our division is doing until after Thanksgiving as it's still too hard to project.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:58 am
  • Maulbert wrote:I ain't rooting for the Cheatriots.

Wait...so we aren't rooting for the Patsies to make it to the SB for a revenge rematch with the Hawks?
    HawkFreak
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:01 am
  • Cards for sure, but the Niners are gonna' be angry after they got their teeth kicked in on Monday. Even though so many thought they had NO CHANCE, blah blah blah.
    That game likely will be a blowout.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 am
  • Heck, the way we're winning on the road I have no rooting interest, (except whomever is playing Dallas and Pittsburgh). Seriously, we control our destiny. I don't see Green Bay, San Fran or the Saint's winning out. I enjoy watching any NFL game but I only root for Seattle.
    Boohman14
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am
  • Shoot, nobody would have even thought of the 1 win Falcons beating the Saints on the road. Any given Sunday, or Monday....or Thursday
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 am
  • AZ has been playing better as of late.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 am
  • After Monday nights win, the Seahawks control their own destiny. As long as they keep winning, I don’t really care what anyone else does. A 14-1 SF team vs a 13-2 Seahawks team to close out the regular season...at the Clink! Winner takes NFC West and home field advantage in the playoffs. How fun could that be?
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 am
  • Boohman14 wrote:Heck, the way we're winning on the road I have no rooting interest, (except whomever is playing Dallas and Pittsburgh). Seriously, we control our destiny. I don't see Green Bay, San Fran or the Saint's winning out. I enjoy watching any NFL game but I only root for Seattle.

Really ? So on 2 days rest coming off a super physical game you think they are going to blow out a team they beat by 3 two weeks ago?
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:10 am
  • As angry as that team will be, I absolutely think they will blow out the Cards. Hope to be shocked by a Cards win.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:31 am
  • Bump.

Simply because I can’t remember all this.

Lol :{)

I’ll be referring so need it further up the page.
    Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:After Monday nights win, the Seahawks control their own destiny. As long as they keep winning, I don’t really care what anyone else does. A 14-1 SF team vs a 13-2 Seahawks team to close out the regular season...at the Clink! Winner takes NFC West and home field advantage in the playoffs. How fun could that be?

Only if hawks win would it be fun.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:24 am
  • All of the above and I'll be rooting for Houston.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 am
  • Impressed with everyone’s confidence.

Personally I will be cheering for any 5 win or better NFC team to lose. Anyone that thinks we are going to run the table has a bad case of recency bias. I want all the cushion we can get.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:34 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:All of the above and I'll be rooting for Houston.

I'm so sorry.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 pm
  • Cmon donkeys. How do you blow that lead with a defensive head coach? My wife is going to be livid. No action for me tonight. Lol
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:26 pm
  • Cards up 3-0.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 pm
  • There's actually a fairly good chance the 9ers lose today. Why? It's a post-Seahawk game. A very Seahawky Seahawk game at that, they're not 100 today.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:02 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:Cmon donkeys. How do you blow that lead with a defensive head coach? My wife is going to be livid. No action for me tonight. Lol

Just put your hand in some ice to cool it off and you'll be fine.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:02 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:Cmon donkeys. How do you blow that lead with a defensive head coach? My wife is going to be livid. No action for me tonight. Lol

Just put your hand in some ice to cool it off and you'll be fine.

Ha Ha Ha :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:48 pm
  • I will feel better if the Eagles lose today. With a win today I could see them getting to 11 wins. They have the easiest road to the playoffs.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information