Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: NFL screwed us again
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:37 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.

Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

CBS Sports wrote:In the 15-season period from 1997-2011, teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for a road trip had a winning percentage of just .398... teams that traveled 1,000 miles or less for a road game had a winning percentage 32 points higher at .430....

Anyway, all of this is bad news for the Seahawks, and that's because they're going to have to deal with five one-way flights of at least 2,000 miles in 2019, which leads the NFL. The Seahawks will also be traveling the most miles of any team that doesn't have an international trip this year.

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
    Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
    Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.
    Cincinnati has to play three of their first four games on the road.
    KC played first two games on the road and three of first four on the road.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.

They did not need to make it a 10:00 am game, if they flexed it to 1:00 pm ok, not happy, but they gave us the worst time knowing it as well.

This was already discussed in the other thread, but the reason why they didn't flex us to 1:00pm is because Fox protected the Cowboys vs Patriots game. They wouldn't want to air the game at the same time, so we got the 10:00am slot. Pretty simple explanation, and. Nothing to do with giving us the "worst time and knowing it". What is wrong with people? Between this and the DK fumbled the amount of people unable to accept the obvious is way too high. I mean I get we are homers, but some of you are way too far down the delusional path.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 am
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
    Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
    Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.
    Cincinnati has to play three of their first four games on the road.
    KC played first two games on the road and three of first four on the road.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.

They did not need to make it a 10:00 am game, if they flexed it to 1:00 pm ok, not happy, but they gave us the worst time knowing it as well.

This was already discussed in the other thread, but the reason why they didn't flex us to 1:00pm is because Fox protected the Cowboys vs Patriots game. They wouldn't want to air the game at the same time, so we got the 10:00am slot. Pretty simple explanation, and. Nothing to do with giving us the "worst time and knowing it". What is wrong with people? Between this and the DK fumbled the amount of people unable to accept the obvious is way too high. I mean I get we are homers, but some of you are way too far down the delusional path.

Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 am
  • Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

We must stay vigilant though, we can't relax for even one minute here. We must continue to fight the good fight, continue to rail against The Man! LEAVE NO BIAS THREAD UNTURNED!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 am
  • Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.

I am sorry but this is unequivocally false. I have a good friend who was one of four individuals responsible for creating the NFL schedule from about 2011 to 2017. They once gave a presentation to all the coaches describing how the schedule is generated and Pete came up to my buddy afterward and told him never to give that presentation again and that knowing what happened behind the closed doors of the scheduling room, which even the commissioner didn't have a key card for, was "terrifying".

But go ahead and fantasize that you actually know the ins and outs about how this is done. Networks have some limited control, but the NFL itself is king of the schedule.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    Yup...when it comes to schedules, the Networks are the ones who have the power and control here. They pay good money for that right.

I am sorry but this is unequivocally false. I have a good friend who was one of four individuals responsible for creating the NFL schedule from about 2011 to 2017. They once gave a presentation to all the coaches describing how the schedule is generated and Pete came up to my buddy afterward and told him never to give that presentation again and that knowing what happened behind the closed doors of the scheduling room, which even the commissioner didn't have a key card for, was "terrifying".

But go ahead and fantasize that you actually know the ins and outs about how this is done. Networks have some limited control, but the NFL itself is king of the schedule.

So if you were NBC you would have kept the Hawks vs a 5-4 Eagles team, who's probably going to be 5-5 after playing the Patriots this weekend over the two teams with the best records in the NFC?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:

So if you were NBC you would have kept the Hawks vs a 5-4 Eagles team, who's probably going to be 5-5 after playing the Patriots this weekend over the two teams with the best records in the NFC?

I am sorry, I see no mention of those teams in what I wrote above so not going to answer a topic I didn't address. In case others have trouble reading, I am addressing the false assertion that the networks are in sole control of the schedule.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:10 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Creating the schedule in the offseason and deciding the flex schedule on Sundays are completely separate and have nothing to do with one another.

Fox and CBS both have the ability to choose a game each week during the flex schedule, and NBC gets the option of choosing from the remaining games or keeping the game on the schedule. They have to decide this 12 days in advance (except for week 17 which they have to give 6 days notice). If they do swap games, then the networks work with the NFL to decide what schedule works best for the game that is left. This game being on the east coast and FOX having selected the Cowboys/Giants as it's Game of the Week in the late slot combine to leave us in the early slot. It's not really the conspiracy people may want to believe, but if that's what you believe, you are free to do so.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:12 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:

I am sorry, I see no mention of those teams in what I wrote above so not going to answer a topic I didn't address. In case others have trouble reading, I am addressing the false assertion that the networks are in sole control of the schedule.

NBC does have the power in this case. The league has allowed them to flex games after week 11, so they've decided to flex this game.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:

NBC does have the power in this case. The league has allowed them to flex games after week 11, so they've decided to flex this game.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

According to this it says it's week 5 now. I think they added weeks a few years back.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am
  • This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am
  • The 10 am thing has been kind of conquered the last few years. It hasn't been a thing.

We have actually played much better on the road this season than at home, by and large. We'll be good.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am
  • HawkGA wrote:This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

I think the main broadcast stations, i.e. CBS for the AFC and Fox for the NFC get 3-4 games per year that they can take off the table so they won't be chosen for MNF, TNF and SNF.

My guess is this is one of the games Fox pulled off the table so they could use it as their 1:00 national game of the week.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 am
  • Yeah we are far from getting screwed. Let’s move on.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

I think the main broadcast stations, i.e. CBS for the AFC and Fox for the NFC get 3-4 games per year that they can take off the table so they won't be chosen for MNF, TNF and SNF.

My guess is this is one of the games Fox pulled off the table so they could use it as their 1:00 national game of the week.

Don't need to guess it has been posted multiple times.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am
  • For me personally the early games are great as I actually get to have good nights sleep :oops:
    AlciG
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:04 pm
  • Eagles beat the Packers. Seahawks beat the Niners. Seahawks at Eagles should have remained the prime time game! The NFL can bite my ankle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

NFL screwed us again
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:16 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:

Who’s your “buddy”?
    If your not willing to disclose the info, you might as well take a long walk off a short pier.

I call BS.

Regulators!!!!!!
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 pm
  • We have the bye this week, it's a non factor at the start time of the game.

We are also 5-0 on the road this year...I smell a win regardless of anything.

Also, that would have been 4 straight games in prime time. I like the early starts being in the Tex-ASS because it's 12:00 noon for me. It's ok to drink..Ha
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:31 pm
  • I'm actually glad it got moved. 4 night games in a row, lame. I'm good with a 10am start, and they have long since proven that 10am games are no big deal.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm actually glad it got moved. 4 night games in a row, lame. I'm good with a 10am start, and they have long since proven that 10am games are no big deal.

Agreed. Morning game on the east coast will mean they are home late that same day

Night game will basically kill the next day due to late travel.

This gets them ready for the next game much sooner

What worries me is past history with early morning off the bye week game, but don't think they will take the Eagles lightly
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:48 pm
  • For sure. The Eagles are a team that has plenty of heart. They have stinkers like many teams, but they also win a LOT of games that people count them out. They'll be plenty ready for the Hawks. I could see yet another close one.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:This has got to be the best game ever flexed out. Curious though looking at the schedule for this week, how was Pat's/Cowboys not put into the night game when they set the schedule? I mean, going into the season you could guess both that game and the 9ers/Packers would be bigger draws. This seems like more of a screw up from the original schedule maker that now just serves to jerk fans around.

Ah, I thought they could just protect in the week, not ahead of time when the schedule is made. That makes a bit more sense. I would still lean toward the 9ers/Packers having been a better choice at the start of the season than Seattle/Eagles but the 9ers hadn't really put a season together yet to show they were good.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:02 pm
  • I’m shocked that anyone is happy over the team with the best prime time record in history has lost a prime time game (with an 8-2 record no less). We should be rallying each year to get as many games in prime time as possible.

I can’t recall a game with significant playoff indications for both teams getting flexed out like this. Really disappointed.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:11 pm
  • Best case scenario

Eagles beat the Patriots
    Cardinals can beat the 49ers
    Lions beat Cowboys
    im still hoping for a 3-3 tie in the 49ers vs Packers game.

The NFL ended up flexing 1st place SEahawks vs 1st Place Eagles

I hate 10am games but they have won all of them so far.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:28 pm
  • Not sure the NFL are our to screw Seattle here, Seattle just happens to get the short end of the stick in this situation.
    Just win, and that win would backfire in the NFL’s face, “if” this is some sinister plan.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Best case scenario

Eagles beat the Patriots
    Lions beat Cowboys

That would be glorious
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Re: Next Hawks game flexed out?
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 am
  • nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

LOL.

Don't worry, the league helped you in 2013, they'll help the Niners this year. :irishdrinkers:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Meh, it's just another shot for a Packers/Niners worship fest. I'm sure Joe and Troy are lubing up for it already.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

LOL.

Don't worry, the league helped you in 2013, they'll help the Niners this year. :irishdrinkers:

Most of us here on the west coast are at work and working by 7-8 o'clock. They are well paid, highly trained professional athletes, I'm sure the 10am starts bother the fans more than the players.

As a fan I feel more for the players having to play Thursday night games than 10 am starts.
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• Hawks stopped being crappy at 10am games awhile ago. Should be a hell of a game, regardless what time it starts.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• It sucks because if there's one thing you can rely on Russ doing that is him winning prime time games.
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

• It is a ridiculous move.

Being flexed out is not a big deal. However, being flexed to 1:00 eastern, instead of 4:00 is pure BS.

The Packers and 49ers game was supposed to be a 4:25 game to start with. So - why couldn’t the Seahawks/Eagles he flexed to that spot?? The Cowboys-Patriots game was in competition with the Packers-49ers before. Why would it be a problem to put the Seahawks in that spot? Makes no sense at all.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

• quadsas wrote:It sucks because if there's one thing you can rely on Russ doing that is him winning prime time games.

As a 49er fan on the outside looking in I don't understand this perception. If this is true it would be a concern. Shouldn't your QB perform or atleast try to perform at a consistent level regardless of whether the game is in prime time?

I never have understood why RW doesn't play all 4 qtrs they way he typically plays the later part of the 4th.
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• I don’t get all the hate in here. San Francisco and Green Bay have a better combined record than us and Philadelphia. Of course this forum is bias though. While both are attractive games, the GB game is far more attractive as it likely includes two playoff teams.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    quadsas wrote:It sucks because if there's one thing you can rely on Russ doing that is him winning prime time games.

As a 49er fan on the outside looking in I don't understand this perception. If this is true it would be a concern. Shouldn't your QB perform or atleast try to perform at a consistent level regardless of whether the game is in prime time?

I never have understood why RW doesn't play all 4 qtrs they way he typically plays the later part of the 4th.

winning is more important than looking good. makes sense with your trash boy
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    quadsas wrote:It sucks because if there's one thing you can rely on Russ doing that is him winning prime time games.

Russell Rules
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:19 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

We must stay vigilant though, we can't relax for even one minute here. We must continue to fight the good fight, continue to rail against The Man! LEAVE NO BIAS THREAD UNTURNED!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

"Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:23 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    nIdahoSeahawk wrote:The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

LOL.

Look who showed his face without eating any crow.

Wimp.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

"Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

DAmmit...I thought it was the Italians...which of course is why we have so many Olive Gardens here.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:17 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

You’re right.

Let’s not even bother as a society discussing any bias at all. The media is perfect, the world is perfect. Athletes and teams have never gotten the short end of the stick so let’s stop acknowledging bias at all. The media treats all teams and players equally. They don’t have favorites :irishdrinkers:

Oh and Carson Wentz vs Russell Wilson would get extremely low views in comparison. And 10 AM games are perfectly ideal for west coast teams. There aren’t any extra adjustments at all. Wow we’ve all learned so much today
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Sac wrote:The *Seahawks* weren't flexed out, the Eagles were. If the Eagles had a better record this game would still be in prime time.

Truth. I can't really fault the network for pulling the 49ers-Packers game into primetime. It's the one that week with has the most impact on the playoff race, HFA, etc.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:58 pm
  • NINEster wrote:Don't worry, the league helped you in 2013, they'll help the Niners this year. :irishdrinkers:

You're a f*** joke
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:48 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Didn't you hear, the league and refs are out to get us 24/7........and will stop at nothing to assure defeat.

You’re right.

Let’s not even bother as a society discussing any bias at all. The media is perfect, the world is perfect. Athletes and teams have never gotten the short end of the stick so let’s stop acknowledging bias at all. The media treats all teams and players equally. They don’t have favorites :irishdrinkers:

Oh and Carson Wentz vs Russell Wilson would get extremely low views in comparison. And 10 AM games are perfectly ideal for west coast teams. There aren’t any extra adjustments at all. Wow we’ve all learned so much today

You do realize that a game including a 5-5 team is much less attractive than a game that features two teams who are first in their division. Wentz has also been pretty mediocre this season. Flexing us out of the Sunday Night game was the right choice.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Best case scenario

Eagles beat the Patriots
    Lions beat Cowboys

Wow what a crappy wishful thinking!

Donkies blew it
    Cards got jobbed by refs
    Wanted the Eagles to win at first but after Vikings & Cowboys won, had to root for the Patriots
    To top it off, Lamar had another awesome 4td game. Goodbye MVP Russ.

At least Panthers lost, now if the Bears beat the Rams, can soften for miserable Sunday.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:40 pm
  • NINEster wrote:

LOL.

How did they help Seattle? This outta be good
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:44 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

LOL.

How did they help Seattle? This outta be good

You'll get no response. He's a joke
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information