Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AKidFromKent/status ... 2419945473

Is this even possible as I thought that fox would have secured this game.
......................................................................................................................................................................
Update Edit .................. [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1194390149020278786[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1194389980199522304[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
You think after last night they are going to flex the hawks out? I wonder what the ratings were last night, had to be huge for CBS.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":1fw49nu7 said:
You think after last night they are going to flex the hawks out? I wonder what the ratings were last night, had to be huge for CBS.
KIRO aired last night's game in the Seattle market, not CBS. MNF airs on ESPN, so local games are commonly shown on broadcast networks for the (few) people who still don't have cable or ESPN.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2yqrquvy said:
They just said on KIRO radio that we are flexed to 10 AM in Philadelphia. What a bunch of BS!!
Weird. Philly is not playing good at all right now, but they're still in the thick of the hunt. Who got flexed to the night game?

kidhawk

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":3mr8ksxr said:
https://twitter.com/AKidFromKent/status/1194328602419945473

Is this even possible as I thought that fox would have secured this game.

I believe FOX has both the Cowboys/Patriots and the Packers/Niners games. They can only lock in one of them. The better game will be the Packers/Niners, but the ratings winner will be the Cowboys/Patriots.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
NOOOO!

With the Rams back in California and the Raiders not gone yet, the Bay NEVER lucks into a regular Sunday Hawks game. Hey I'll take the bootleg stream on a cracked laptop, but it's nothing like watching on TV.

James in PA

Reaction score
That is some major BS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The flex system was designed so that late season bad teams wouldn’t get prime time national games.
It wasn’t put in place to remove a good matchup in favor of a slightly better matchup.
Any team in playoff contention should keep their prime time games.

rcaido

Reaction score
Mad Dog":38sfjb71 said:
The flex system was designed so that late season bad teams wouldn’t get prime time national games.
It wasn’t put in place to remove a good matchup in favor of a slightly better matchup.
Any team in playoff contention should keep their prime time games.

Exactly!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
"John Clayton Thinks".

He's been wrong before. I'd wait for something official.

Chapow

Reaction score
The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

The Seahawks are currently the #5 seed, and the Eagles are "in the hunt" with a 5-4 record.

Not sure how anyone doesn't get it. If they have a chance to flex in a #1 vs #2 match up, they're gonna do it. It's a no brainer.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":ddms7fo5 said:
The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

The Seahawks are currently the #5 seed, and the Eagles are "in the hunt" with a 5-4 record.

Not sure how anyone doesn't get it. If they have a chance to flex in a #1 vs #2 match up, they're gonna do it. It's a no brainer.
I agree..We need to get into first place to fix this crap!

James in PA

Reaction score
Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
The year 1995

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s the NFL way.

Legacy team vs Legacy team.

Non Legacy team (Seattle) vs Non Legacy team (Philly)

The NFL has a Legacy bias, it is what it is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":1ro53xkz said:
Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
The year 1995

Agreed, but the NFL loves their “Legacy team’s” even if they are mediocre paper tigers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1g6uahf0 said:
James in PA":1g6uahf0 said:

Sincerely,
The year 1995

Agreed, but the NFL loves their “Legacy team’s” even if they are mediocre paper tigers.

Hard for any other team to break into legacy category if they don’t give them prime time.

Flexing needs to be done minimally since many ticket holders plan attendance months in advance with travel and hotels booked. It’s unfair to favor TV audiences over the guys that buy tickets. I know TV money is huge but the league dies if people stop attending games.

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
Yeah tbh I'm kind of hoping it is. Prime time games kill my sleep pattern. Looks like a 6pm uk time game?