Next Hawks game flexed out? . flexed out of primetime update

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • https://twitter.com/AKidFromKent/status ... 2419945473

Is this even possible as I thought that fox would have secured this game.
    ......................................................................................................................................................................
    Update Edit ..................
    Last edited by Jville on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Updated schedule change notice in title and body of post
    theseahawkguy
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Next Hawks game flexed out?
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:01 pm
  • You think after last night they are going to flex the hawks out? I wonder what the ratings were last night, had to be huge for CBS.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:You think after last night they are going to flex the hawks out? I wonder what the ratings were last night, had to be huge for CBS.

KIRO aired last night's game in the Seattle market, not CBS. MNF airs on ESPN, so local games are commonly shown on broadcast networks for the (few) people who still don't have cable or ESPN.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:14 pm
  • They just said on KIRO radio that we are flexed to 10 AM in Philadelphia. What a bunch of BS!!
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:27 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:They just said on KIRO radio that we are flexed to 10 AM in Philadelphia. What a bunch of BS!!
    Weird. Philly is not playing good at all right now, but they're still in the thick of the hunt. Who got flexed to the night game?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:35 pm
  • They were speculating Green Bay/San Francisco
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 pm
  • theseahawkguy wrote:https://twitter.com/AKidFromKent/status/1194328602419945473

Is this even possible as I thought that fox would have secured this game.

I believe FOX has both the Cowboys/Patriots and the Packers/Niners games. They can only lock in one of them. The better game will be the Packers/Niners, but the ratings winner will be the Cowboys/Patriots.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm
  • The NFL needs a couple more Seahawks losses to assist a 9er division win. After the steering failure last night, they need to move some games off prime time in order to fly under the national radar with entirely next level steering.
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm
  • NOOOO!

With the Rams back in California and the Raiders not gone yet, the Bay NEVER lucks into a regular Sunday Hawks game. Hey I'll take the bootleg stream on a cracked laptop, but it's nothing like watching on TV.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm
  • That is some major BS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:12 pm
  • The flex system was designed so that late season bad teams wouldn’t get prime time national games.
    It wasn’t put in place to remove a good matchup in favor of a slightly better matchup.
    Any team in playoff contention should keep their prime time games.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:The flex system was designed so that late season bad teams wouldn’t get prime time national games.
    It wasn’t put in place to remove a good matchup in favor of a slightly better matchup.
    Any team in playoff contention should keep their prime time games.

Exactly!
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm
  • "John Clayton Thinks".

He's been wrong before. I'd wait for something official.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:39 pm
  • The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

The Seahawks are currently the #5 seed, and the Eagles are "in the hunt" with a 5-4 record.

Not sure how anyone doesn't get it. If they have a chance to flex in a #1 vs #2 match up, they're gonna do it. It's a no brainer.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm
  • Chapow wrote:The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

The Seahawks are currently the #5 seed, and the Eagles are "in the hunt" with a 5-4 record.

Not sure how anyone doesn't get it. If they have a chance to flex in a #1 vs #2 match up, they're gonna do it. It's a no brainer.

I agree..We need to get into first place to fix this crap!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:50 pm
  • Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
    The year 1995

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:53 pm
  • It’s the NFL way.

Legacy team vs Legacy team.

Non Legacy team (Seattle) vs Non Legacy team (Philly)

The NFL has a Legacy bias, it is what it is.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:55 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
    The year 1995

Agreed, but the NFL loves their “Legacy team’s” even if they are mediocre paper tigers.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
    The year 1995

Agreed, but the NFL loves their “Legacy team’s” even if they are mediocre paper tigers.

Hard for any other team to break into legacy category if they don’t give them prime time.

Flexing needs to be done minimally since many ticket holders plan attendance months in advance with travel and hotels booked. It’s unfair to favor TV audiences over the guys that buy tickets. I know TV money is huge but the league dies if people stop attending games.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm
  • Yeah tbh I'm kind of hoping it is. Prime time games kill my sleep pattern. Looks like a 6pm uk time game?
    Sugarrayjay
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Better yet, maybe Dallass can get a 14th nationally televised game this year!!! After all, they have been such a dominant franchise.

Sincerely,
    The year 1995

Hard for any other team to break into legacy category if they don’t give them prime time.

Flexing needs to be done minimally since many ticket holders plan attendance months in advance with travel and hotels booked. It’s unfair to favor TV audiences over the guys that buy tickets. I know TV money is huge but the league dies if people stop attending games.

Oh, I agree.
    Just pointing out the NFL’s mindset, as FU’ed as it is.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:

Not even a 4pm eastern start?

#$%& you, NFL.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Wow they $#%&÷# us.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:"John Clayton Thinks".

He's been wrong before. I'd wait for something official.

While I agree, this is random enough that I think Clayton probably heard it from somewhere.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• ....but what are the odds that the week 17 49ers home game is now selected as the SNF final game of the regular season? Obviously depends on how things shape up, but I'd bet we're at the top of the list currently. Unless Fox can use the 'protected game' rule, which I'm not up to speed on.
    timmat
    NET Starter

• timmat wrote:....but what are the odds that the week 17 49ers home game is now selected as the SNF final game of the regular season? Obviously depends on how things shape up, but I'd bet we're at the top of the list currently. Unless Fox can use the 'protected game' rule, which I'm not up to speed on.

No games can be protected week 17. On top of that they only need 6 days notice to flex the game, instead of the normal 12. Game with the biggest playoff impact is usually the target. Easily could be Hawks vs Niners even if they lose a game or two between here and there.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

• That’s some serious BS not at least making it a 4 pm Eastern start.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Not even a 4pm eastern start?

#$%& you, NFL.

Yeah, you'd think they would at least do a late afternoon game to minimize the difference for the fans who were planning on a night game.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Should've been flexed to 4 PM EST/1 PM PST time but NFL is an ass so it wasn't. Fortunately this isn't Mike Holmgren's Seahawks team. With those teams a 10 AM game was a near certain L
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• It’s official. Hawks Philly flexed our to a 10am pacific start. Big screw you to the NFL!

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Should've been flexed to 4 PM EST/1 PM PST time but NFL is an ass so it wasn't. Fortunately this isn't Mike Holmgren's Seahawks team. With those teams a 10 AM game was a near certain L

Part of the problem is that Fox protected Cowboys vs Patriots, which they wouldn't want to have both that and the Seahawks/Eagles game on at the same time.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

• HawkStrong wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Should've been flexed to 4 PM EST/1 PM PST time but NFL is an ass so it wasn't. Fortunately this isn't Mike Holmgren's Seahawks team. With those teams a 10 AM game was a near certain L

Part of the problem is that Fox protected Cowboys vs Patriots, which they wouldn't want to have both that and the Seahawks/Eagles game on at the same time.

Makes sense. They'll get good ratings for the Hawks' game and through the roof for Cowboys v. Pats cuz you know, sheep still think the Cowboys are relevant and the Pats actually are. You're right, AMERICA'S GAME OF THE WEEK STARRING THE DALLAS COWBOYS takes precedent over everything else. They'll dominate 7 hours of football that day though for sure.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Evidently it’s official.
    I just got the push notification.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Awwww.....man.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• We are getting punished with the 10am game for beating the NFL’s new darlings last night.
    Too bad it won’t work. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• im hoping for a 49ers vs Packers stink it up...i hate 10am games but we been pretty good this year...That's what 5 10am games in one season...That crazy!
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:We are getting punished with the 10am game for beating the NFL’s new darlings last night.
    Too bad it won’t work. 8)

More so just a victim of scheduling as pointed out above.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 pm
  • Chapow wrote:The 49ers are currently the #1 seed in the NFC playoff picture, and the Packers are currently the #2 seed. It's a #1 vs #2 matchup.

HawkStrong wrote:Part of the problem is that Fox protected Cowboys vs Patriots, which they wouldn't want to have both that and the Seahawks/Eagles game on at the same time.

Chapow's right here. Not everything is a conspiracy against the 'Hawks. Even the Cowboys vs. Patriots is currently division leaders facing each other and is huge ratings no matter if you're watching because your're one of the many fans of one or the other, or because you're hate-watching because you hate them both as most of the rest of the nation does.

And the 49ers vs. Packers is not only what's currently #1 vs. #2, it's also a huge match for playoff implications, no matter what happens between now and then. Almost a guarantee that game will determine seeding for much of the NFC, especially as both the Seahawks and Vikings are right behind those teams in their divisions.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• rcaido wrote:im hoping for a 49ers vs Packers stink it up...i hate 10am games but we been pretty good this year...That's what 5 10am games in one season...That crazy!

Yep. I hope it's like a 3 to 6 yawner. Oh, please. Make them Pay! LOL And then of course, the Eagles game will be epic!
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Will they be allowed to flex the Seahawks vs Rams too on 12/8? There is a Patriots vs Chiefs matchup im sure the rest of the USA would rather watch.

12/15 Chargers vs Vikings dont look interesting, maybe they can do a makeup by giving us primetime instead w/ Seahawks vs Panthers 10am game.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• The *Seahawks* weren't flexed out, the Eagles were. If the Eagles had a better record this game would still be in prime time.
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

NFL screwed us again
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm
  • 4 early games on the east coast wasn’t enough. They moved our Sunday night game at Philly next Sunday to another early game.
    vonstout
    NET Starter

Re: NFL screwed us again
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm
  • Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:22 pm
  • Agreed flexing games doesn't bother me and Seattle has done really well in Eastern time zone.

But I doubt there are 'far worse' schedules than what the Hawks have.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:24 pm
  • You know that in here, if we lose, this will be the sole reason. And my foot will be half on that wagon... Historically, we are much better in Prime Time than East Coast 10 am games. If we lose, I'll be whining about it... Just not on here...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.

Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

CBS Sports wrote:In the 15-season period from 1997-2011, teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for a road trip had a winning percentage of just .398... teams that traveled 1,000 miles or less for a road game had a winning percentage 32 points higher at .430....

Anyway, all of this is bad news for the Seahawks, and that's because they're going to have to deal with five one-way flights of at least 2,000 miles in 2019, which leads the NFL. The Seahawks will also be traveling the most miles of any team that doesn't have an international trip this year.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.

Care to mention one? The Steelers were very upset at being given a third trip west back in 2003?, when they traveled a fraction of the air miles that the Seahawks travel in our best years.

CBS Sports wrote:In the 15-season period from 1997-2011, teams that traveled 2,000 miles or more for a road trip had a winning percentage of just .398... teams that traveled 1,000 miles or less for a road game had a winning percentage 32 points higher at .430....

Anyway, all of this is bad news for the Seahawks, and that's because they're going to have to deal with five one-way flights of at least 2,000 miles in 2019, which leads the NFL. The Seahawks will also be traveling the most miles of any team that doesn't have an international trip this year.

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
    Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
    Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.
    Cincinnati has to play three of their first four games on the road.
    KC played first two games on the road and three of first four on the road.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Games get flexed it happens. Trust me, there are far worst schedules than what we have. The NFL doesn’t hate us, they make a schedule for all 32 teams and that can make it tough on certain teams.

Of course we are going to travel more, we are in the corner of the map and we don’t have any teams remotely close to us. Should we be upset at geography? As for the schedule, we play east coast teams on the road, so yeah, we are going to play morning games. We are lucky we didn’t get any back to back road games. Do you know how how fortunate we are not to have consecutive road games, we are probably one of the few teams that can say that.

Niners has a far worse schedule. Their first two games were on the road, both back East. Then they get screwed with a week 4 bye. They also play Arizona twice in three weeks. Oh and they have five early games, just like us.
    Saints had back to back west coast road games against us and the Rams. Pretty unfair.
    Tampa has to play 4 of 5 on the road, including two trips out west. They also got stuck with a London trip.
    Cincinnati has to play three of their first four games on the road.
    KC played first two games on the road and three of first four on the road.

I’m not going to dissect each teams schedule, but I’m sure every fan base has their complaints. I just checked Arizona’s schedule and guess what, they also have the same amount of morning games. Every team in our division except the Rams have five east coast early games. If you are a west coast team and have to play the AFC North, South or East, decent chance you will have some early games.

Like I said, you kind find way worst schedules. How about the teams that got dealt a bye in week 4? We are fortunate to have a bye late which is great for a post season run.

People on here just really like to make our team the victim. We aren’t even close to getting screwed by the schedule.

They did not need to make it a 10:00 am game, if they flexed it to 1:00 pm ok, not happy, but they gave us the worst time knowing it as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 am

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information