Pete built a blueprint

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pete built a blueprint
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 am
  • How many people feel like Pete and Ken Norton may have built a blueprint for the rest of the league to see how to beat the 9ers? Those single high safety looks and 4-6 fronts were BEAST.

How freaking awesome would it be to see them lose to the Cards on our bye week???

Go Hawks
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Re: Pete built a blueprint
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 am
  • It's going to be tough to follow the blue print when the underlying factor in all of it is to have one player completely wreck the game from the defensive end position. Clowney was absolutely dominant and that is something most teams can't replicate. We are going to have a hard time replicating that performance ourselves.

Speaking of strategy, I'd like to see some adjustments in the backfield. It seems we are just freely giving their receivers the slant. That two point conversion was ridiculous. Flowers was playing off and just let his man cut in two yards in front of him for one of the most uncontested plays I've ever seen in a short yardage situation.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:It's going to be tough to follow the blue print when the underlying factor in all of it is to have one player completely wreck the game from the defensive end position. Clowney was absolutely dominant and that is something most teams can't replicate. We are going to have a hard time replicating that performance ourselves.

Speaking of strategy, I'd like to see some adjustments in the backfield. It seems we are just freely giving their receivers the slant. That two point conversion was ridiculous. Flowers was playing off and just let his man cut in two yards in front of him for one of the most uncontested plays I've ever seen in a short yardage situation.

Flowers looked like he was expecting help on the inside or something, looked totally lost to be honest. In fact Flowers started the game really well but after that was probably worse then Taylor.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 am
  • Blueprint is to stop that running game and make Jimmy G beat you.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:It's going to be tough to follow the blue print when the underlying factor in all of it is to have one player completely wreck the game from the defensive end position. Clowney was absolutely dominant and that is something most teams can't replicate. We are going to have a hard time replicating that performance ourselves.

I agree on giving their receivers that slant route. B-Wagz is normally there, but he was playing super shallow. Presumably to stop the run.

Here's hoping Chandler Jones is in rare form against the 9ers. I'd LOVE to see the 'Hawks take 1st in the NFC West on a bye week.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 am
  • The thing is, whereas some teams have elite pass rushers, Clowney is an elite run stopper. And doesn’t get enough credit for it
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am
  • Clowney is a FREAK of nature.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 am
  • It wasn't a secret that the way to beat the 49ers was to limit their run game and do enough against their defense.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am
  • I’ll also say that most offenses will be buried by this defense. In order to beat this defense, you have to survive until late. By the 4th quarter, they’re tired and don’t have the same juice. The Niners have blown teams out because the other team gets overwhelmed and then the Niners offense can relax and run the ball.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:50 am
  • My takeaway from last night. Hit Jimmy, get in his face, and make him uncomfortable. He tends to tap dance like my 12 year old daughter when the pressure is around him.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 am
  • I think more and more teams around the league have been following Pete's lead for several years now.

More and more you see the re-emphasis on a strong running game and top flight defense. Sure, the league is still pass-happy, but more and more teams are coming around to this throw back system.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 am
  • What we did was punch them in the face over and over, this was close to a play off game environment so a physical demonstration by us, bright lights of Monday Night and the pressure of an offense that just won't quit was the Blueprint.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:09 am
  • sutz wrote:I think more and more teams around the league have been following Pete's lead for several years now.

More and more you see the re-emphasis on a strong running game and top flight defense. Sure, the league is still pass-happy, but more and more teams are coming around to this throw back system.

I think you're correct in that. Leagues still pass alot with effectiveness, but I feel like the great offenses can run the ball just effectively.
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm
  • Consistent pressure = Jimmy GQ turning into the human turnover machine.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:52 pm
  • Consistent pressure = Jimmy GQ turning into the human turnover machine.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:What we did was punch them in the face over and over, this was close to a play off game environment so a physical demonstration by us, bright lights of Monday Night and the pressure of an offense that just won't quit was the Blueprint.

Good example of an offense that won't quit:
    After Russ threw the pick he was immediately over on the sidelines high-fiving and encouraging everyone else. And there was no hint of quit. We are truly blessed.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:27 pm
  • Slow down the run game and heavy pressure on the QB is a tried and true blueprint. Gives every team trouble.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:46 pm
  • I'm anxiously waiting for Field Gulls to put up the All-22 on defense this week so I can see specifically what the Seahawks did scheme wise to come up with their best performance on defense all year, especially Clowney. The guy just looked like a completely different player Monday night.
    Polk738
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:33 pm
  • Polk738 wrote:I'm anxiously waiting for Field Gulls to put up the All-22 on defense this week so I can see specifically what the Seahawks did scheme wise to come up with their best performance on defense all year, especially Clowney. The guy just looked like a completely different player Monday night.

It's the limelight!

What separates good players with stars? When the limelights are ON, stars always find that extra gear, so bigger the game, better stars played. That goes for Wilson, now Clowney, heck Pete too!
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:43 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Consistent pressure = Jimmy GQ turning into the human turnover machine.

Just one or two solid hits had him feeling pressure even when there wasn't any.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:17 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Consistent pressure = Jimmy GQ turning into the human turnover machine.

Just one or two solid hits had him feeling pressure even when there wasn't any.

NOW, imagine GQ was playing behind our OL.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information