But can we talk about Kittle?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
But can we talk about Kittle?
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:00 am
  • The best part of the game was listening to bay area talk radio in the parking lot and on the way back to the hotel. They must have mentioned George Kittle at least 100 times, and Emmanuel Sanders' injury at least several dozen.

To hear them talk this game was hopeless the moment Sanders went down and that is an awesome level of respect for the Seahawks given how much other talent is on that 49er team this season.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Re: But can we talk about Kittle?
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 am
  • One of my favorite posts on the web zone game thread after the loss was..

“No team can win without their starting TE playing and their best WR sidelined for injury”

Well, I can think of one team that can.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:21 am
  • No mention of Wil Dissly or Tyler Lockett not being available in OT?
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 am
  • rjdriver wrote:One of my favorite posts on the web zone game thread after the loss was..

“No team can win without their starting TE playing and their best WR sidelined for injury”

Yep, it’s called depth. They should get some.
    Our TE was having a pro-bowl type year before he got hurt for the year, and Lockett went out of the game in crunch time.
    Boo hoo, while injuries suck they are part of the game. Again, depth.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:28 am
  • AgentDib wrote:The best part of the game was listening to bay area talk radio in the parking lot and on the way back to the hotel. They must have mentioned George Kittle at least 100 times, and Emmanuel Sanders' injury at least several dozen.

To hear them talk this game was hopeless the moment Sanders went down and that is an awesome level of respect for the Seahawks given how much other talent is on that 49er team this season.

LOLOL, So, didn't those KEY players play in their last weeks slim win over the lowly Cardinals?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:The best part of the game was listening to bay area talk radio in the parking lot and on the way back to the hotel. They must have mentioned George Kittle at least 100 times, and Emmanuel Sanders' injury at least several dozen.

LOLOL, So, didn't those KEY players play in their last weeks slim win over the lowly Cardinals?

Yes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 am
  • rjdriver wrote:One of my favorite posts on the web zone game thread after the loss was..

:lol:

Y'all are being unfair. You need to remember that Niner "fans" are casual fans. They don't know anything about the teams they play. About 90% of the Niner "fans" you meet don't even watch football. How would they know our starting TE and best receiver were injured? They don't even know who those players are.

Seriously. Walk up to the next whiner fan you see in matching shoes and jacket and just ask who their qb was last season. I did it tonight. They don't know.

The last time any of these Niner "fans" watched football, Kaepernick was choking away a Superbowl. A few of them made it far enough to see the Tip. Nobody has ever seen or heard from a Niner fan since, until about 2-3 weeks ago.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:One of my favorite posts on the web zone game thread after the loss was..

:lol:

Y'all are being unfair. You need to remember that Niner "fans" are casual fans. They don't know anything about the teams they play. About 90% of the Niner "fans" you meet don't even watch football. How would they know our starting TE and best receiver were injured? They don't even know who those players are.

Seriously. Walk up to the next whiner fan you see in matching shoes and jacket and just ask who their qb was last season. I did it tonight. They don't know.

The last time any of these Niner "fans" watched football, Kaepernick was choking away a Superbowl. A few of them made it far enough to see the Tip. Nobody has ever seen or heard from a Niner fan since, until about 2-3 weeks ago.

LOLLLL!!!!! :49ersmall:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm
  • Yes, it hurt the 49ers to have some players out of the game. We had our own injury issues:

- One TE out for the season and another not yet activated from IR
    - A third TE playing with injured ribs, then out of the game after injuring his hamstring
    - Starting C out for the season
    - Backup C playing with an achy hip
    - Starting LT playing through biceps and knee injuries
    - Starting LG playing with a shoulder issue
    - Starting RG playing with back/foot problems
    - #1 WR playing with a hip issue and then out during the overtime period because of a leg injury
    - CB #2 out for a play after getting shaken up
    - LB playing with a knee injury, and out of the game for a play after getting shaken up
    - DE playing through toe/knee issues (had a monster game anyway)
    - Starting FS out for the season and his replacement was playing in his first game this year

That's football.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm
  • ummm, NO
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:06 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:ummm, NO

They were talking about him so much I thought he was in the game.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:12 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:ummm, NO

They were talking about him so much I thought he was in the game.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:36 pm
  • Didnt they get like two offensive lineman back this game?

its week 10. Every team has key injuries.

salty tears are delicious.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:16 pm
  • HansGruber wrote: :lol:
    -snip-
    -snip-

Makes me appreciate the savvy Niner fans we have on this board. With Popeye, 5GoldenRings, and a few other solid posters, they must be the top 1%. The top ones not only know their own players, they know our players, and strengths and weaknesses, and can give us a perspective not influenced with the emotional homerism that is so easy for home team fans to fall into.

I have no doubt Kittle would have been a big asset, a security blanket for JimmyG. Would it have made the difference? Possibly, possibly not. What is known is that we lost our top flight TE, Will Dissly, traded our #2 TE, Nick Vannett, and then picked up our beloved retread Luke Willson, lost him too, and then promoted our practice squad player, Jacob Hollister, to the active roster, and Hollister flat balled out. That's not even mentioning projected starter/#2 TE, Ed Dickson, still on IR. So our #5 TE, Hollister, was a bigger factor for us, than their #2 TE was for them. I'd say that shows some solid work in integrating #5 TE into the offense, and adjustments like that lead to winning games. So really, it's on Shanahan and the Niners OC to match what Carroll and Schotty did with our #5 TE, with their #2 TE, or adjust somewhere else. On paper, the Niners should have had the edge at TE, our #5 playing, vs their #2. On paper, the Niners were supposed to blow our doors off, at home. But that's why they play the game...

Sports Hernia wrote:They were talking about him so much I thought he was in the game.

Yeah, every 2 minutes there was a shot of Kittle in his box, and his reaction to Niners play. Never seen this much screen time repeatedly given to an inactive player.

Now what does seem a little scary is the talent and *apparent* depth SF seems to have in their D. All those athletic high-round picks, and then dudes like that #57 linebacker that picked off Russell in OT on a remarkable play and looked like he was going to take it to the house. Off topic, never mind.

Hans, who are you and what have you done with the real Hans Gruber avatar? It's closing in on Christmas season, and John McLane wants to know.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 pm

I remember reading that and someone responding with something like "Literally the Seahawks just did"
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:03 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote: :lol:
    -snip-
    -snip-

Makes me appreciate the savvy Niner fans we have on this board. With Popeye, 5GoldenRings, and a few other solid posters, they must be the top 1%. The top ones not only know their own players, they know our players, and strengths and weaknesses, and can give us a perspective not influenced with the emotional homerism that is so easy for home team fans to fall into.

I have no doubt Kittle would have been a big asset, a security blanket for JimmyG. Would it have made the difference? Possibly, possibly not. What is known is that we lost our top flight TE, Will Dissly, traded our #2 TE, Nick Vannett, and then picked up our beloved retread Luke Willson, lost him too, and then promoted our practice squad player, Jacob Hollister, to the active roster, and Hollister flat balled out. That's not even mentioning projected starter/#2 TE, Ed Dickson, still on IR. So our #5 TE, Hollister, was a bigger factor for us, than their #2 TE was for them. I'd say that shows some solid work in integrating #5 TE into the offense, and adjustments like that lead to winning games. So really, it's on Shanahan and the Niners OC to match what Carroll and Schotty did with our #5 TE, with their #2 TE, or adjust somewhere else. On paper, the Niners should have had the edge at TE, our #5 playing, vs their #2. On paper, the Niners were supposed to blow our doors off, at home. But that's why they play the game...

Sports Hernia wrote:They were talking about him so much I thought he was in the game.

Yeah, every 2 minutes there was a shot of Kittle in his box, and his reaction to Niners play. Never seen this much screen time repeatedly given to an inactive player.

Now what does seem a little scary is the talent and *apparent* depth SF seems to have in their D. All those athletic high-round picks, and then dudes like that #57 linebacker that picked off Russell in OT on a remarkable play and looked like he was going to take it to the house. Off topic, never mind.

Hans, who are you and what have you done with the real Hans Gruber avatar? It's closing in on Christmas season, and John McLane wants to know.

If those posters are the top 1%, then that just affirms my point. I've yet to meet a Niners "fan" who had the first damn clue about anything, much less their opponent rosters. Or anything football related.

I was laughing my ass off hearing these so called football fans crying about losing a couple players that weren't even performing at the level of our own similar losses. Even if they were, the fact they didn't know we had the same losses. Hilarious. Just stupid AF.

These are the kinds of fans who answer "Jerry Rice" when you ask them who made The Catch.

You could ask me who the starting quarterback was for the Seahawks in any season they've ever played and I'd know on the fly, even those $h!t years in the mid to late 90s, because I was actually watching the games in person and it felt like my mom just got murdered in front of me every time the Hawks would trot out some nobody to replace the last guy. Haven't missed any but a few games in my life. My weeks are ruined when they lose and the entire 90s was a decade when I often wondered if it would be better if I just jumped off the Aurora bridge than buy another season ticket. But I kept going. Unlike these spineless cuddlefish.

But you ask one of these assclowns who quarterbacked the Niners just LAST SEASON and 8 out of 10 of them don't know. The Jets, bills, browns, Lions, and Bucs have better fans than that. The whiners are the NFL equivalent of the Lakers. Being a Niners fan is a fashion choice. Something grown men do because they wanna wear the tackiest clothing ever, drive around in a rented Miata, pose for a selfie, and put it on Instagram. It's literally the stupidest lamest most unrespectable half assed lame fanbase in the entire NFL. The fact they didn't know our starting TE was balling out and then went on IR is just laughable to me. That's not a football fan. That's someone who goes to football games to get drunk and punch someone into a coma in a bathroom. The Niners fanbase is the last remaining vestige of the Neanderthal species. Slow, dumb, and easily entertained by shiny objects.

We've owned that lame stadium since they opened it and I'm supposed to give them respect? For what? We had 40,000 fans filling into Husky stadium immediately after that POS Ken Behring (may he spend eternity being ass raped by donkeys and yes, I literally hope that is true) tried to send our team to Los Angeles. We still had more fans in our stadium. We didn't win a championship until a few years ago. Our fans our real fans. I go to a game at the clink and I see people I've known for over 30 years. Passionate fans who've earned the right to talk $h!t. People who know more about Niners history than any Niners fan I've ever met. And I'd put money on it.

Take these 1% posters on this forum, and I'll match them against a handful of guys who've been going to games since the Kingdome was raining cieling tiles on fools, and I would literally bet $10k those Seahawk fans would kill these clowns at Niners history trivia. Heck, I have patients with dementia that know more about the Niners than all those posters you mentioned and I'd bet literal money on it. I would PAY that money just to laugh while watching Seahawk fans school these pathetic fairweather b!@ch on their own teams history.

These a*hole show up when their team starts playing well and disappear when they suck. They were rooting for the Patriots last season. These are the kinds of pricks that punch someone and run away. Or sucker punch a dude in a bathroom and keep hitting him after he falls down. Take 90% of that Niners crowd, throw them in a gas chamber, and it would have literally zero impact on the world.

There is nothing on this Earth more loathsome and pathetic than a grown man in a Niners Jersey.

And just for you, I've changed my Avatar. I was trying to be meta. I wanted to be clever. But you're right. It's time to bust out the HK pistol and take over Nakatomi Plaza. All these whiner fans are that hurt that tried to negotiate with Hans Gruber. Think they're real clever. Useless stupid pricks every one of them.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:26 am
  • I'm an Iowa fan so I love George Kittle (was pissed the Niners drafted him), but that was way too much Monday night.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:29 am
  • AgentDib wrote:The best part of the game was listening to bay area talk radio in the parking lot and on the way back to the hotel. They must have mentioned George Kittle at least 100 times, and Emmanuel Sanders' injury at least several dozen.

According to their logic, dependent on only 2 players?

Bollux.

Go packers and everyone else against them.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:04 am
  • The way the defense was flying around, SF is probably lucky Kittle wasn't in there. I remember a hard hitting game against NE when the LOB put Gronk out for the regulars season. Diggs and Clowney are game changers. Period. Whether Kittle is on the field or not, we win that game. Zach Ertz is going to learn that lesson the hard way in a couple of weeks.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 am
  • They could have claimed Josh Gordon but passed......Too bad....hahahahaha
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 am
  • All this rubbish from the media about Kittle and Sanders is nothing less than offering up rationalization for losing. Boo Hoo!

It’s football, a contact sport, players get hurt, next man up. Deal with it!

We’ll see them again in December, maybe Kittle will be there, maybe Sanders will be too. Lots of marbles will be on the table.

Seahawks are 3-0 in the division :2thumbs: #1 Divisional record.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 am
  • No mention of Britt being out either. His loss was a huge blow.
    Chillax
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:47 am
  • Rationalization is simply excuse making.

The Seahawks can’t be that good, after all it’s the (up until the Seahawks) undefeated 49ers. There must be a reason they lost.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the Digits record will be in December when the teams meet again.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 pm
  • Which 49er was a League Executive also.

Which 49er has the Best Golf Game.

Lets see how many of them can answer these.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Which 49er was a League Executive also.

Which 49er has the Best Golf Game.

Lets see how many of them can answer these.

Yeah cuz that's clearly as relevant as knowing who your quarterback was the previous season.

Great point. Not pedantic or hyperbolic at all.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:53 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:Hans, who are you and what have you done with the real Hans Gruber avatar? It's closing in on Christmas season, and John McLane wants to know.

If those posters are the top 1%, then that just affirms my point. I've yet to meet a Niners "fan" who had the first damn clue about anything, much less their opponent rosters. Or anything football related.

I was laughing my ass off hearing these so called football fans crying about losing a couple players that weren't even performing at the level of our own similar losses. Even if they were, the fact they didn't know we had the same losses. Hilarious. Just stupid AF.

These are the kinds of fans who answer "Jerry Rice" when you ask them who made The Catch.

You could ask me who the starting quarterback was for the Seahawks in any season they've ever played and I'd know on the fly, even those $h!t years in the mid to late 90s, because I was actually watching the games in person and it felt like my mom just got murdered in front of me every time the Hawks would trot out some nobody to replace the last guy. Haven't missed any but a few games in my life. My weeks are ruined when they lose and the entire 90s was a decade when I often wondered if it would be better if I just jumped off the Aurora bridge than buy another season ticket. But I kept going. Unlike these spineless cuddlefish.
    -snip- of more good stuff

And just for you, I've changed my Avatar. I was trying to be meta. I wanted to be clever. But you're right. It's time to bust out the HK pistol and take over Nakatomi Plaza. All these whiner fans are that c**t that tried to negotiate with Hans Gruber. Think they're real clever. Useless stupid pricks every one of them.

Hans please don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel...

OMG, I might need to be demoted a couple notches, because the 90s QB Carousel of Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh and others... they all are a blur to me now and I couldn't say what order they were in with certainty, except I think McGwire was first. I am pretty sure that Jon Kitna was the QB savior for this franchise, in that he sucked so much less than the others before him. I think Kitna provided that bridge to Warren Moon and then we entered the Hasselbeck era. And didn't we have Jeff George for a brief cup of coffee somewhere in there? I digress.

So where is the REAL HANS GRUBER??!! Alright Hans, you have until Black Friday, even until Cyber Monday, to bring back the real Hans Gruber avatar. I mean, Die Hard is a Christmas movie, after all. My GF and I have it as part of our traditional rotation of movies we play while making TDay and XMas dinners. Right between XMas Vacation and It's a Wonderful Life. Since it's not even Christmas season yet, we'll cut you some slack here.

Hell, why not start a poll and let .NET help you pick the best Hans Gruber avatar? Some of my favorites...
    Last edited by olyfan63 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:54 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:Hans, who are you and what have you done with the real Hans Gruber avatar? It's closing in on Christmas season, and John McLane wants to know.

-snip- of more good stuff

And just for you, I've changed my Avatar. I was trying to be meta. I wanted to be clever. But you're right. It's time to bust out the HK pistol and take over Nakatomi Plaza. All these whiner fans are that c**t that tried to negotiate with Hans Gruber. Think they're real clever. Useless stupid pricks every one of them.

Hans please don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel...

OMG, I might need to be demoted a couple notches, because the 90s QB Carousel of Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh and others... they all are a blur to me now and I couldn't say what order they were in with certainty, except I think McGwire was first. I am pretty sure that Jon Kitna was the QB savior for this franchise, in that he sucked so much less than the others before him. I think Kitna provided that bridge to Warren Moon and then we entered the Hasselbeck era. And didn't we have Jeff George for a brief cup of coffee somewhere in there? I digress.

So where is the REAL HANS GRUBER??!! Alright Hans, you have until Black Friday, even until Cyber Monday, to bring back the real Hans Gruber avatar. I mean, Die Hard is a Christmas movie, after all. My GF and I have it as part of our traditional rotation. Since it's not even Christmas season yet, we'll cut you some slack here.

Hell, why not start a poll and let .NET help you pick the best Hans Gruber avatar? Some of my favorites...
    http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/up ... 9924dc8897
    https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/569 ... ickman.jpg
    https://images.fineartamerica.com/image ... -oland.jpg

John Freize was also in the mix before Moon , that was a carousel of WB's for sure.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:01 am
  • All I could think of every time the announcers talked about Kittle was this.

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 am
  • The excuses for the Niners the entire night was maddening. Let alone the officiating being next level one sided. And that jackwad that told them to give credit to how "great" the officials were calling the game :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information