Props to Duane Brown for his game-saving hustle!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • It almost looked like the 49'ers' LB who picked off Russell (#57) was going to take it down the sideline for a pick 6. I was pinning my hopes on DK Metcalf running him down, but then who shows up but #76, to whack him out of bounds. #76? That's an offensive lineman's number! What the hell is an OLineman doing 50 yards downfield?

Even 10 more yards and SF probably makes a game-winning FG. If we had to wait for DK to catch the int returner, it's game over.

So mad props to Duane Brown for that hustle and determination, to get down the field and make the tackle!! Dude was just not having it, and laid it all on the line that play. If that's the kind of effort and hustle Brown gives on each play, now THAT is leadership!!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• So true. Thank you Mr. BROWN. Wow. Huge play.
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete just praised Hunt. If he doesn't dive and get that Carson fumble we are blown.

Lots of good plays with a ton of bad today.

Not real Clean
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:Pete just praised Hunt. If he doesn't dive and get that Carson fumble we are blown.

Not real Clean

His bad are due to his size. Smart player but undersized
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

• Props to ifedi as well for idk what he thought he was gonna be able to do when that ball hit his hands. Football iq clearly lacking but yes props to the Hunt and Brown.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:Pete just praised Hunt. If he doesn't dive and get that Carson fumble we are blown.

Not real Clean

If he doesn't pull a Nolan Frese and single-handedly kill a drive by getting Wilson sacked, we might not have needed OT.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Brown made an amazingly badassed block on the pass to DK that ended up with him getting stripped there at the end of the first half. The block sprung him big time.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That was a tremendous effort play by Brown.

That should get a lot of cheers in the film room. A veteran left tackle battling through some injuries, chasing down a guy on an interception return in overtime? It brings a tear to my eye man
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• This is why teams win championships, hustle and willing themselves to do things such as this, when the oldest O lineman chases down a LB across the field to save a touchdown you can bet the message is going to be noticed and passed on to the younger guys at every position.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Absolutely solid point on Brown’s tackle.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Surprised mo one has mentioned how Brown basically put Bosa on a milk carton last night.
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

• UGotHawked wrote:Surprised mo one has mentioned how Brown basically put Bosa on a milk carton last night.

Very true, Bosa's name was rarely mentioned during the game, other than he still plays video games with Joe Burrow.
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

• Imagine watching from Houston knowing both Duane Brown and Jadeveon Clowney could have both been kept....
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

• Brown was amazing last night. Kept Bosa's name out of the broadcast and saved the game with an amazing effort.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• UGotHawked wrote:Surprised mo one has mentioned how Brown basically put Bosa on a milk carton last night.

Love it! Great analogy! I wasn't really tracking that battle, but super-glad to hear that's how it went down!

Now we just need to supplement that with a Post Office "Wanted" poster featuring Duane Brown's mug, with a picture of Bosa and the sub-heading and text along this line,

"Wanted, in connection with disappearance of rookie lineman Nick Bosa".
    The crime was carried out in plain sight in San Francisco, on national TV, by this brazen perpetrator. Suspect is considered to have two arms and be dangerous to opposing defenders. Considered high likelihood to re-offend other opponents. Numerous videos have been posted on YouTube to assist in identification. If encountered, do not approach suspect, unless with 76 Brown Seahawks jersey in hand and sharpie for autograph request."

OK, any talented media artists up for that one? Like the game itself, it would be an instant classic!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. DB hustle for the win!

So many great plays during this game. Huge team effort. This time of year it always seems like PC teams start to turn it up.
    Sealake80
    NET Veteran

• I noticed them utilizing Brown's athleticism on a few blocking schemes where he bounced out to block for WR's. Smart move against a team with such a good base pass rush.
    timmat
    NET Starter

• timmat wrote:I noticed them utilizing Brown's athleticism on a few blocking schemes where he bounced out to block for WR's. Smart move against a team with such a good base pass rush.

Didn't Brown have the block that sprung DK for what turned out to be the fumble near the end zone?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:Props to ifedi as well for idk what he thought he was gonna be able to do when that ball hit his hands. Football iq clearly lacking but yes props to the Hunt and Brown.

I had to watch that play a half a dozen times before I confirmed it wasn't a strip-sack by Ifedi.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• flmmkrz wrote:Props to ifedi as well for idk what he thought he was gonna be able to do when that ball hit his hands. Football iq clearly lacking but yes props to the Hunt and Brown.

So you saying most O lineman are dumb? Cuz most would of did same thing.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Just that Ifedi is lacking in football IQ. If you're going to run, at least protect the ball from the easy punch-out. It was like taking candy from a baby for the 49er who punched it out. Football IQ would NOT have been, "there are 3 other big guys here who are all FASTER than me. What should I do? Yeah, I'll take it wide and OUTRUN them, that's what I'll do! Football IQ would have been, "Awesome, I recovered Russell's fumble. Now hang on, get down and try to fall forward!"

That said, props to Ifedi for seeing the fumble and snatching it. Who knew he had such good hands? Maybe move him to Seahawks Outside Tackle (tm), er, I mean, TE?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information