Tyler Lockett

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Tyler Lockett
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:10 pm
  • Looks like Compartment syndrome and Lockett could miss months. I think there is no chance he place next game or MORE! We need him healthy! But this one is going to take some time.
    Roger
    ExBassGuide
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 pm
  • toffee wrote:Got to wonder if Jody's plane flew at lower attitude on the way back to Seattle to minimize Lockett's leg from swelling up due to low pressure? Stuffs one could do with a private plane.

Just an FYI, Unless you are flying below 6000-8000 ft it wouldn’t matter.
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:06 am
  • ExBassGuide wrote:Looks like Compartment syndrome and Lockett could miss months. I think there is no chance he place next game or MORE! We need him healthy! But this one is going to take some time.
    Roger

Looks like you haven't read the whole thread. They were backing off from that diagnosis by Wed/Thurs. Lock's health and long term prognosis are key, of course, but so far they have been saying he'll be good to go for Philly.

I expressed some concern about a long flight at altitude earlier, but obviously the docs would take that into consideration.

Frankly, if there's any risk I wouldn't mind sitting Lock for a game to ensure he's good for the rest of the season.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:29 am
  • Man that “Baldy breakdown” that Ivotuk posted of RW a few weeks ago really shows what our offense misses without Lockett. He is so good at finding open space on the scramble drills and he and Russ are locked in. Let’s hope he gets back healthy and soon!
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:26 am
  • HawkerD wrote:
    toffee wrote:Got to wonder if Jody's plane flew at lower attitude on the way back to Seattle to minimize Lockett's leg from swelling up due to low pressure? Stuffs one could do with a private plane.

That is really low, made for bumpy ride. Could a private jet file a flight plan going the whole trip at 6000ft flying along the coast on top of water?
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:06 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:
    toffee wrote:Got to wonder if Jody's plane flew at lower attitude on the way back to Seattle to minimize Lockett's leg from swelling up due to low pressure? Stuffs one could do with a private plane.

That is really low, made for bumpy ride. Could a private jet file a flight plan going the whole trip at 6000ft flying along the coast on top of water?

Very unlikely. For one, it would take a LOT more fuel. For another, that is an altitude where all the smaller private planes fly. I'm not real sure, but I'd think that private jets would want to be above 10k, at least, and probably above 20k.

Subject to correction by the real pilots around here, of course. :242735:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:47 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:

Very unlikely. For one, it would take a LOT more fuel. For another, that is an altitude where all the smaller private planes fly. I'm not real sure, but I'd think that private jets would want to be above 10k, at least, and probably above 20k.

Subject to correction by the real pilots around here, of course. :242735:

The speed would be an issue, since under 10,000 feet we're limited to 250 KIAS (Knots Indicated Airspeed).

Of course, maybe she sent down her RV-7 instead of her Dassault Falcon (or other private speedbird).
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:11 am
  • Any news on Lockett’s leg? Last I read was Pete expected him to play next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 am
  • Not sure about private jets, but commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of about 7,000' above sea level. Totally irrelevant to Lockett's injury as if it were that much of a concern, they wouldn't have discharged him from the hospital.

The fear was that he had what is referred to as "compartment syndrome', which if isn't treated immediately, can result in some pretty severe, potentially life altering consequences. Kudos to our medical staff for hustling him to the hospital vs. putting him on the plane back home.

As far as his status for next week, there hasn't been anything posted on the Seahawk's website that would contradict Pete's statement that he should be ready to go. My guess is that they're shutting him down completely this week and will re-evaluate him next week to see how he's doing, so it would make sense that we haven't heard a lot.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 am
  • RiverDog wrote:Not sure about private jets, but commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of about 7,000' above sea level. Totally irrelevant to Lockett's injury as if it were that much of a concern, they wouldn't have discharged him from the hospital.

The fear was that he had what is referred to as "compartment syndrome', which if isn't treated immediately, can result in some pretty severe, potentially life altering consequences. Kudos to our medical staff for hustling him to the hospital vs. putting him on the plane back home.

As far as his status for next week, there hasn't been anything posted on the Seahawk's website that would contradict Pete's statement that he should be ready to go. My guess is that they're shutting him down completely this week and will re-evaluate him next week to see how he's doing, so it would make sense that we haven't heard a lot.

I don't think anybody practiced this week. :mrgreen:

They start up again next week like a normal week.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:58 pm
  • Pete is notoriously optimistic publicly about injuries. Forgive me if I'm skeptical that Tyler plays next Sunday.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:49 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Wasn’t Penny a top kick returner in college? Moore is a fine punt returner. No need to have Lockett risking injury in that role anymore.

We've tried him there before, he made a lot of mistakes and wasn't very good. We did it in preseason and a few games in the regular season.

You’d think he’d be better at this point. A couple tryouts as a rookie shouldn’t be held against you forever.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:43 am
  • Now I'm reading that according to Pete they're "hopeful" Tyler can play Sunday. Pete's usual optimism regarding an injury already being tempered. I'm growing more skeptical that he'll play. Hope I'm wrong.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:10 am
  • Well, it's safe to say picking up Gordon was a damn good move. Especially if we are w/out Lock for Sunday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:59 am
  • As one who can speak to the aerospace nature in the thread, if you ever flew in a commercial jet at 6000ft you might never fly in a commercial jet ever again. Fuel usage would be at a horrendous level and the Green folks would be waiting in protest by the time the flight made it back to Seattle.

Truly hope Lockett is improving.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information