We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:AND Moore did NOT push him out, Tartt was so wrapped up in making a play, that HE stepped out on his own.

Lol, did you watch the video? Moore absolutely pushes him out.

I see I'm not getting anywhere with you, you're too far down the tinfoil hat rabbit hole. God speed. It was the right call, but you go on with your bad self.

LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.
    You're not getting anywhere with me because I recognize when someone is trying to blow smoke up my arse.

Even Pete said at his presser that it "was a legitimate great play by them."

Some of you guys are so far gone it's ridiculous.........even after we win I count SEVEN threads on the front page about the refs or media bias.

It's insufferable. Good god, you guys know we won right?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:50 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:AND Moore did NOT push him out, Tartt was so wrapped up in making a play, that HE stepped out on his own.

I see I'm not getting anywhere with you, you're too far down the tinfoil hat rabbit hole. God speed. It was the right call, but you go on with your bad self.

LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.
    You're not getting anywhere with me because I recognize when someone is trying to blow smoke up my arse.

Even Pete said at his presser that it "was a legitimate great play by them."

Some of you guys are so far gone it's ridiculous.........even after we win I count SEVEN threads on the front page about the refs or media bias.

It's insufferable. Good god, you guys know we won right?

Exactly. Sometimes the other team makes a good play. Surprisingly the refs got this one correct.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:58 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:
    Osprey wrote:
    AubHawk71 wrote:I would also guess that people who get REALLY ANGRY at the officiating week in and week out probably bet on sports or play fantasy football.

Not a fully formed thought, but wouldn't the opposite be true. The theory behind shaping is that they are trying to keep the game close so as not to lose viewership late in the game. Since gambling is based on probability / predictability wouldn't that help the book by reducing variability and drive interest from fans whose team always has a shot?

Last time I looked a guess is, by definition, not a full formed thought. If I ABSOLUTELY thought/knew I wouldn't call it a guess. Hmm, I don't quite get your logic. Honest. If the NFL is trying to keep the game close, that is purely for viewership purposes, the NFL is not betting on the game or has a Fantasy team. Which is really just betting too. They want to keep the game close to keep people watching, to heck with point spreads and individual stats. No?

I was saying my thought wasn’t fully formed...not meant to insult your comment, just that it raised an interesting question .

The benefit to bookies and incentive for gamblers is a side effect not the motivation for the NFL. For the league viewership throughout the game is the driver due to add revenue.

Fantasy is a whole other beast. My quick take is that it drives the bias towards offensive production.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I think you have a poor understanding of the rules. Please cite which penalty should have been enforced, referencing the NFL rule book.

I don't need a rule book to know that some of Y'all are trying to lie your way out of nonsensical statements...Statements like "Moore Pushed Tartt Out".
    YES, I absolutely understand that we won IN SPITE of some $h!t CALLS / NO CALLS, BUT, it shouldn't come down to inept Officiating steering games. OH AND, if some of you jokers that are put off with these threads, why not spare yourselves the grief, hell , no one is forcing you to click on, and play smart ass. :roll:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:18 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I think you have a poor understanding of the rules. Please cite which penalty should have been enforced, referencing the NFL rule book.

I don't need a rule book to know that some of Y'all are trying to lie your way out of nonsensical statements...Statements like "Moore Pushed Tartt Out".
    YES, I absolutely understand that we won IN SPITE of some $h!t CALLS / NO CALLS, BUT, it shouldn't come down to inept Officiating steering games. OH AND, if some of you jokers that are put off with these threads, why not spare yourselves the grief, hell , no one is forcing you to click on, and play smart ass. :roll:

:roll: so nothing to base your opinion on? Just because you feel like it shouldn't be allowed?
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:I would also guess that people who get REALLY ANGRY at the officiating week in and week out probably bet on sports.........

And herein lies the hope that officiating improves. With the legalization of sports gambling in the entire country, bad officiating is a threat to people's pocketbook and you'd think they will demand better from the NFL when it comes to their referees.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 pm
  • Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

Secondly if a receiver can make a one handed catch and score a touchdown with possession how can he not still have possession even if it is with one hand, most running backs carry in one hand, a QB throws with one hand.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 pm
  • The Metcalf fumble was odd, but I think maybe I understand the call after watching the replay from the opposite angle and doing a lot of stop/start clicking on the video.

Metcalf never stepped out of bounds. His foot was just inside the boundary. Tartt starts grabbing at the ball before he (Tartt) steps out of bounds. Although his momentum takes him out, he never stops ripping at the ball, and DK was in bounds. Therefore the play was still live.

I think. Maybe. Just an odd play either way.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:46 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

Secondly if a receiver can make a one handed catch and score a touchdown with possession how can he not still have possession even if it is with one hand, most running backs carry in one hand, a QB throws with one hand.

I'm always b!@ch about officiating but they got this one right. Fieldgulls explains it well
    [url]
    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt[/url]

He lost possession for just a second before the ball crossed the goal line. There is also nothing in the rulebook about an out of bounds player stripping the ball, as long as the offensive player is in bounds it's all fair game.

There were 2 calls that are absolutely worth dissecting imo. The sack on Wilson where he was in the grasp and never stop forward momentum, and the defenseless punt returner. There were plenty of other ticky tack bad judgements, and they all seem to go against Seattle, but you could at least argue they were just missed calls. These 2 calls were just beyond mistakes, either sheer ignorance of the rules or deliberately trying to steer certain plays for whatever reason. There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football. You can't rule a fumble on his strip sack with him moving backwards, then rule him down when he never lost forward momentum. You can't act like you are protecting QBs by saying in the grasp, then straight up ignore him getting speared on his slide.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 pm
  • cymatica wrote:....There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football.

I didn't get it at first, but the announcers (and the 3rd guy they call in) said he was a "defenseless player" or something like when it comes to a punt-return catch that and our guy tackled high near the neck and head, and it therefore qualified. Rare to happen or get called.

I'm not saying I like it or support it.

I assume if he tackled lower it would not have been called.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:05 am
  • cymatica wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

I'm always b!@ch about officiating but they got this one right. Fieldgulls explains it well
    [url]
    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt[/url]

He lost possession for just a second before the ball crossed the goal line. There is also nothing in the rulebook about an out of bounds player stripping the ball, as long as the offensive player is in bounds it's all fair game.

There were 2 calls that are absolutely worth dissecting imo. The sack on Wilson where he was in the grasp and never stop forward momentum, and the defenseless punt returner. There were plenty of other ticky tack bad judgements, and they all seem to go against Seattle, but you could at least argue they were just missed calls. These 2 calls were just beyond mistakes, either sheer ignorance of the rules or deliberately trying to steer certain plays for whatever reason. There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football. You can't rule a fumble on his strip sack with him moving backwards, then rule him down when he never lost forward momentum. You can't act like you are protecting QBs by saying in the grasp, then straight up ignore him getting speared on his slide.

This is my take as well. As badly as I wanted the Metcalf play to go in our favor, it was just a really, really good defensive play by SF. Refs got that one right. They did blow a couple of others though, and pretty egregiously too. The Wilson "in the grasp" sack was so weird it was surreal. When you think of how elusive Wilson is, how many times he's slipped out of tackles just like that, and how that's one of his key signature things the whole league knows about, it was especially weird. And they clearly weren't trying to protect him as they let him get speared a couple of other times without as much as a glance.

I realize the "in the grasp" plays cannot be challenged as the whistle has blown which changes the dynamics of the play instantly, but they really should be somehow. Hard to look at that and say the refs didn't blatantly blow that one completely sideways. It could have cost us the game, but luckily Wilson got the first down the next play.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I could ask you the same thing. If you guys think there's some grand evil conspiracy against the Hawks, and the refs are in on it......why do you watch the Hawks at all?

I mean, it's all a sham right? So why watch, seems counter-intuitive to burn calories caring about a team that the league is so clearly out to assure failure.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 am
  • I almost never complain about officiating but some calls/non-calls that game bothered me.

The DK play was not 1 of them.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:41 am
  • Threads like this is why I rarely post in thin forum. Seahawk fans think that they always get screwed by the refs. As if we’ve never had a favorable call. There were bad calls that went both ways, like usual.

You guys do realize if you go on a Niners forum they probably have a similar thread complaining about how Seattle got all the calls.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:07 am
  • I think ALL teams get screwed by the refs!!! the simple fact is that they call too many penalties, Penalties should jump out at you and be obvious. I see refs looking for penalties. The games are becoming unwatchable.

What is the current disparity in holding calls with the Seahawks? I guarantee that there is one and that its at least 2X if not 3X. That's the maddening thing, if your going to call stupid penalties you had better call them both ways. Monday's game was egregious. the simple fix is stop calling penalties and stop trying to officiate the game into something its not. it's a violent game, that's why we like it. Nobody is forcing these guys to play football. So tired of all this pu$$y bull$hit.
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Threads like this is why I rarely post in thin forum. Seahawk fans think that they always get screwed by the refs. As if we’ve never had a favorable call. There were bad calls that went both ways, like usual.

You guys do realize if you go on a Niners forum they probably have a similar thread complaining about how Seattle got all the calls.

who cares if you dont like it leave or dont join in the discussion. this was an odd play and the way the calls were mostly in favor of the 49ers this still doesnt seem right. I've seen some crazy touchdowns that shouldnt have been a td and there has been some that should have.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.

:roll: so nothing to base your opinion on? Just because you feel like it shouldn't be allowed?

I've read enough of your mundane rantings to know that you ain't an expert...AT ANYTHING.. :roll: :roll: :roll: ..Next
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

^^ This guy gets it ^^ :2thumbs:
    It was contested possession, & Refs very well could have signaled a TD...Just like they did with the controversial Golden Tate contested catch against GB.
    In this case, Just because the Defender had TWO hands on the ball, it doesn't ensure a strip.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:03 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.

I could ask you the same thing. If you guys think there's some grand evil conspiracy against the Hawks, and the refs are in on it......why do you watch the Hawks at all?

I mean, it's all a sham right? So why watch, seems counter-intuitive to burn calories caring about a team that the league is so clearly out to assure failure.

I said NOTHING about there being any damned "Conspiracy", that one is on YOU, but I am getting just a little tired of the plethora of $h!t CALLS / NO CALLS, and you're out of your gourd if you don't BELIEVE that they are making an inordinate amount of mistakes...I understand them making some screw up calls, but by this time of the year, they should be whittling down the number, or do you disagree with EVERYONE ELSE......eh?
    Go to Ivotuk's post, click on Danny Dave & Moore, and LISTEN to what they are saying. :17:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:08 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

It was contested possession, & Refs very well could have signaled a TD...Just like they did with the controversial Golden Tate contested catch against GB.
    In this case, Just because the Defender had TWO hands on the ball, it doesn't ensure a strip.

Defender clearly rips possession away, you can see it happen.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:17 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Metcalf STILL HAS HIS HAND ON THE BALL AS IT GOES OVER THE GOAL LINE = TD
    IF Tartt fumbles the ball AFTER it crosses the Goal Line, how does he claim possession?...…...Because you & Field Gulls say so. LOLOLOL
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:

Rewatch it or look at the fieldgulls article. The ball comes free from Metcalfs hand before the goaline. Possession is lost and never re-established until the SF defender falls on the ball in the endzone. The call was correct
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:22 pm
  • Vesuve wrote:
    cymatica wrote:....There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football.

I didn't get it at first, but the announcers (and the 3rd guy they call in) said he was a "defenseless player" or something like when it comes to a punt-return catch that and our guy tackled high near the neck and head, and it therefore qualified. Rare to happen or get called.

I'm not saying I like it or support it.

I assume if he tackled lower it would not have been called.

I can't agree with that call at all. It's impossible to not tackle high when the punt returner ducks to half his height. The gunner almost went over the top of him. I've seen guys get blasted on those non fair catches, never a flag
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Rewatch it or look at the fieldgulls article. The ball comes free from Metcalfs hand before the goaline. Possession is lost and never re-established until the SF defender falls on the ball in the endzone. The call was correct

Metcalf's hand DOES NOT COME OFF THE BALL UNTIL AFTER IT CROSSES THE GOAL LINE....PERIOD!
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:29 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

IF Tartt fumbles the ball AFTER it crosses the Goal Line, how does he claim possession?...…...Because you & Field Gulls say so. LOLOLOL

The article even explains it, you can clearly see Metcalf's hand come off the ball for a moment. They only showed it once on TV. Without that view I would agree with you...but we have that view so...

Look you can deny it all you want, won't change the past.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:36 pm

/Thread
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:37 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Metcalf's hand DOES NOT COME OFF THE BALL UNTIL AFTER IT CROSSES THE GOAL LINE....PERIOD!

EVEN watching that in Slow Mo, > AND FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES <Metcalf still maintains CONTACT OF THE BALL as it crosses the Goal line.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm
  • What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

EVEN watching that in Slow Mo, > AND FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES <Metcalf still maintains CONTACT OF THE BALL as it crosses the Goal line.

Look at the picture I posted since you very clearly didn't watch the video from the link. If you can call that possession, I'd like some of what you are smoking.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:54 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

OMG this, i mean the NFL has never sent a letter back saying they made a mistake ever. Refs are always right and people from NY who review are correct too.

People with eyes need to shut up and just go with the flow. Let these amazing refs continue to do their A++ quality of work. Same people need to get over the Stealers Superbowl XL it was called correctly.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:59 pm
  • rcaido wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

OMG this, i mean the NFL has never sent a letter back saying they made a mistake ever. Refs are always right and people from NY who review are correct too.

People with eyes need to shut up and just go with the flow. Let these amazing refs continue to do their A++ quality of work. Same people need to get over the Stealers Superbowl XL it was called correctly.

This one actually WAS called correctly.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 pm
  • rcaido wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

I get your sarcasm that they aren’t the best, but trust me, I’ll take their word over a fan on a Seahawk forum.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:27 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

It's not that me or fieldgoals say so, they actually posted a still frame showing his hand off the ball before the goal line. I guess that's irrelevant because you say so.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:29 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

I get your sarcasm that they aren’t the best, but trust me, I’ll take their word over a fan on a Seahawk forum.

So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?

Just because they get some calls wrong doesn't mean they don't get others correct. They called DK's fumble correctly.
    HawkStrong
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm
  • I am really curious to hear what they tell Pete about the “in the grasp” call. If that play was legitimately dead, why was the earlier play with Russ/Ifedi and the double fumble not also called dead? Russ clearly wasn’t going forward on that play.

Those inconsistencies are what bother me more than anything. I know refs aren’t going to get everything right. It’s impossible. Everything happens in seconds, and they’re human beings. But we see too many instances across the league and within games where plays aren’t consistently called.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:08 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:27 pm
  • There were several other awful calls throughout the game that frustrated me.

The Metcalf play was not one of those plays. The Niners player made a great play and stripped the ball away before he scored. The end.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:38 pm
  • So if field gulls is always right and is so great why are you here? they are never wrong I bet they all work in a front office, coach and have access to locker rooms, team meetings and a quick dial to Jody's , Pete's and John's private phone.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.

That wasn't the point. You stated the officials know more than the guy on his couch. Well there are plenty of guys on the couch and in the stadium that see how bad some of these calls are, frequently the officials throw a flag because they think a penalty had to have happened when it didn't. I don't think any guy on the couch would have whistled Wilson down on that fake sack and almost everyone would have called a foul when 3 guys hit him on a slide. The reviews in New York have made some mistakes as well, overturning calls with insufficient evidence or vis versa.

People on here generally don't act like they know more about the rulebook, they just recognize how bad the games are officiated and like to vent because it happens almost every game.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So if field gulls is always right and is so great why are you here? they are never wrong I bet they all work in a front office, coach and have access to locker rooms, team meetings and a quick dial to Jody's , Pete's and John's private phone.

No one said they are always right, they just happened to post PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF of the play, there's a picture in this thread that shows it. I don't get how you can be so bitter over it and still insist you are right when there is a picture showing possession was lost.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:13 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:I listened to Raible and Wyman, synced up radio with tv..... they were pretty critical of refs.

I'd stick ice picks in my ears if I had to listen to Booger and company kiss the refs butts. No thanks.

I'd add one too, when they iced Myers on the last FG, how late did they let SF call that time out? Kind of ridiculous.

Dude how do you do that? I mean I'm in Jersey so I have to watch the game on a delay through Sunday ticket app on PS4. I'm sure I could get a hold of the radio broadcast via the Internet. But like how do you sync it? I'd appreciate it if you PMed me or anyone else is welcome to do so as well
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:39 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

Huh, pretty salty. Why is something that frustrates Seahawk fans something you want to throw arrows at? There is really plenty of things to b!@ch about on this site and this is your splinter in the ass?

How bout this. If the refs were trying to screw us, what would it look like?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:54 am
  • I was at the game, and that call on Thorpe for the PF was $h!t. Happened right in front of me; no fair catch, no helmet to helmet. Total BS.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am
  • There were NUMEROUS calls that went the Niners way. And hearing that their fans are complaining is laughable.
    How many times did Russ go into a slide and get drilled? Or the play where Lockett gets helmet to helmet TWICE and it's not called. Or the obvious facemask on their "touchdown" that they CHOSE to ignore. Everyone saw it.
    The in the grasp? Are you kidding me?? He was moving forward. Even the 49er apologist announcers were shocked at that crap call. Next play, on 3rd and very long...…..Nails, suck on that.
    The call on the punt was a clear shoulder hit. It was obvious they wanted to keep that game close. Yet another game that the refs impacted the game. It's embarrassing.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:There were NUMEROUS calls that went the Niners way. And hearing that their fans are complaining is laughable.
    How many times did Russ go into a slide and get drilled? Or the play where Lockett gets helmet to helmet TWICE and it's not called. Or the obvious facemask on their "touchdown" that they CHOSE to ignore. Everyone saw it.
    The in the grasp? Are you kidding me?? He was moving forward. Even the 49er apologist announcers were shocked at that crap call. Next play, on 3rd and very long...…..Nails, suck on that.
    The call on the punt was a clear shoulder hit. It was obvious they wanted to keep that game close. Yet another game that the refs impacted the game. It's embarrassing.

All of these are worthy of concern over the reffing but most of the discussion is about the DK thing but that was the right call backed-up by video & photographic evidence. Some just choose to ignore it.

The call that bothered me the most, for some reason, was the penalty for helmet to helmet on Garoppolo after Clowney blew up the play. Even Booger was like WTF was he supposed to do when JimmyG starts going down, then doesn't, putting his head right in the contact zone at the very last possible second.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm
  • It's so tough for defenders these days. You can't predict when an offensive player may duck his head down at that exact same time. Often you CAN see intent by the defender, but so many times, it's just bad timing.
    Shoot, how often does a RB or a WR throw his head down and drill a defender and it doesn't get called? Most of the time imo. Total double standard.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Even those "Refs" who make MULTIPLE & egregious MISTAKES in EVERY GAME?....UMM, :roll: OK.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:49 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

XL...…..I rest my case.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm
  • It's plain as day how bad they are. It's league wide. How does that equate to us knowing more than them??? They are doing a horrific job, and they are way too often ignoring blatant penalties, especially to keep games close. It's ridiculous. Niners fans complaining about calls in this game? That's rich. A few maybe, but it wasn't even in the same stratosphere of how many crap calls were called or NOT called that benefited the home team. Geezus
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information