Bezos looking at Seahawks?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bezos looking at Seahawks?
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Bezos looking at Seahawks?
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm
  • I thought the team announced Jody wasn’t planning to sell.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:35 pm
  • Yes I heard that as well, but this is a guy that believes buying what he wants is the solution, he may overpay just to have a team to feed an ego.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:48 pm
  • Sorry, the Hawks are not Prime eligible.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm
  • I can only hope that Jody feels that what his vision is isn't what Pauls was and says no.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:15 pm
  • Never say never, but I’d be shocked if Jody sold the team. She apparently was one of the people who convinced Paul to buy the Hawks in the first place.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I can only hope that Jody feels that what his vision is isn't what Pauls was and says no.

What would be wrong with Bezos?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I can only hope that Jody feels that what his vision is isn't what Pauls was and says no.

Yeah, I don't get it. He's never owned a sports team before. Who is to say he won't be completely hands off and let the football people make football decisions just like Paul did? No one knows.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:13 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I can only hope that Jody feels that what his vision is isn't what Pauls was and says no.

Someone that has close ties with Daniel Snyder can't be good, second he tried to extort the city of Seattle to cater to his company after they already did in giving breaks but he wanted more, so now he wants to move a large portion somewhere else, third he just tried to buy an election result.

He has come off as arrogant as Snyder, Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban type personality to me. Cant see good coming from this, we would have the next Jed York here or Ken Behring, it was his problem also.

Bezos is not from here either, another caveat about who should own the Seattle, he wanted to have someone with ties here, Bezos does not.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:55 pm
  • Please no. This would not be good. He is the anti-Paul Allen in every aspect.
    HawkSince87
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm
  • In honor of Paul Allen we need a sale clause that mandates that the Seahawks remain FOREVER in the State of Washington. :2thumbs:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm
  • I don't know why people are obsessed with Jody Allen. The only thing she has is the Allen last name, she is not Paul. She doesn't have the same resources at her disposal nor do we know much about how she would run the organization. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks sold, not one bit -- especially when it comes to funding Allen's pet projects.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm
  • I trust him

massari
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm
  • The last thing I want to see is Bezos buying the Hawks and Amazon's logo on their jerseys.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm
  • Does he have any loyalty to Seattle.. no..he wouldn't have an issue moving them.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57 pm
  • massari wrote:I trust him

His soon to be ex did too.............oh wait, no she didn't and is filthy stinking rich as a result.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 pm
  • Bezos? No thank you! :34853_doh:
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:The last thing I want to see is Bezos buying the Hawks and Amazon's logo on their jerseys.

You should buy them then... Save us all!

Or it's just the Seahawks. As long as they stay in Seattle, they're ours.
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 pm
  • Consider this: CenturyLink is almost 20 years old. If we get a different owner (especially a $h!t ego tripper) you know they'll start banging the drum about CLink being outdated, too small, lacks "fan experience", blah blah blah.

Don't think that woudl happen? Jerryworld and that monstrosity in LA are setting a new bar for stadiums. Here's to hoping sound ownership will continue and the CLink will remain in service for decades to come.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
  • I'd be fine with Bezos he has Amazon here in Seattle and it seems very unlikely he would be interested in moving the team. He also has deep pockets and I've heard nothing but rank speculation from those that say he's unsuitable. He has many wealthy friends anyone with the cash to buy the Seahawks will have friends that some won't like. That's the way it is when dealing with the uber rich. We could do far worse than Bezos.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:11 pm
  • massari wrote:I trust him

He's pretty much the real life Lex Luthor
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:19 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    massari wrote:I trust him

He's pretty much the real life Lex Luthor

More hyperbole no substance.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'd be fine with Bezos he has Amazon here in Seattle and it seems very unlikely he would be interested in moving the team. He also has deep pockets and I've heard nothing but rank speculation from those that say he's unsuitable. He has many wealthy friends anyone with the cash to buy the Seahawks will have friends that some won't like. That's the way it is when dealing with the uber rich. We could do far worse than Bezos.

You obviously have not paid attention to ego driven owners in the league, they screw up just about5 everything they touch.

If he wants a team let him buy the Redskins since he is setting up shop there anyway and he and his buddies can buy elections in DC then.

Chances are he would try to extort Seattle like Behring as he tried to do with his Warehouse build and threaten to move to San Diego or St Louis.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:07 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'd be fine with Bezos he has Amazon here in Seattle and it seems very unlikely he would be interested in moving the team. He also has deep pockets and I've heard nothing but rank speculation from those that say he's unsuitable. He has many wealthy friends anyone with the cash to buy the Seahawks will have friends that some won't like. That's the way it is when dealing with the uber rich. We could do far worse than Bezos.

You obviously have not paid attention to ego driven owners in the league, they screw up just about5 everything they touch.

If he wants a team let him buy the Redskins since he is setting up shop there anyway and he and his buddies can buy elections in DC then.

Your not going to find an owner that isn't dirty in some way . Paul Allen was an exception I do believe he was genuinely a good person. Hopefully Jody won't sell. I agree he's just another rich man with rich man politics you want to change that vote for Sanders.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:13 am
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'd be fine with Bezos he has Amazon here in Seattle and it seems very unlikely he would be interested in moving the team. He also has deep pockets and I've heard nothing but rank speculation from those that say he's unsuitable. He has many wealthy friends anyone with the cash to buy the Seahawks will have friends that some won't like. That's the way it is when dealing with the uber rich. We could do far worse than Bezos.

Your not going to find an owner that isn't dirty in some way . Paul Allen was an exception I do believe he was genuinely a good person. Hopefully Jody won't sell. I agree he's just another rich man with rich man politics you want to change that vote for Sanders.

We have had pretty good luck with the Nordstrom's and Paul. Neither of them could be considered dirty, we know about Used Car salesmen Behring.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:15 am
  • Nordstroms and Paul had local connections. Behring, not so much. Bezos either, I suspect.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 am
  • sutz wrote:Nordstroms and Paul had local connections. Behring, not so much. Bezos either, I suspect.

Born in New Mexico and Raised in Houston.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

We have had pretty good luck with the Nordstrom's and Paul. Neither of them could be considered dirty, we know about Used Car salesmen Behring.

Yes we have had good owners i'd like to keep it that way Bezos doesn't fit that mold agreed . Maybe there's someone out there that's suitable I don't know and honestly it's a fools errand to worry about this. Jody is going to do whatever she and her advisors thinks is best
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 am
  • chris98251 wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/amazon-founder-jeff-bezos-reportedly-interested-in-owning-nfl-team/ar-BBWyePS

Yes it's Larry Brown Sports but have seen another link with same story, he is Buddy Buddy with Snyder and is moving to DC, I really don't like this idea, someone who meddles with stuff and tried to buy an election here also just recently. The Money is great but at what cost to the Culture they have built.

With Seattlites re-electing Commie Sawant, it's too bad Amazon wasn't able to buy the election. For the record, I'm not siding with Amazon...I'm anti-extremist political mindsets.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:47 am
  • All that money but can't buy a single hair?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 am
  • chris98251 wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/amazon-founder-jeff-bezos-reportedly-interested-in-owning-nfl-team/ar-BBWyePS

Yes it's Larry Brown Sports but have seen another link with same story, he is Buddy Buddy with Snyder and is moving to DC, I really don't like this idea, someone who meddles with stuff and tried to buy an election here also just recently. The Money is great but at what cost to the Culture they have built.

How do you know he is buddy-buddy with Snyder (who sux)?

Is the team for sale in the near future?
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 am
  • Vesuve wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/amazon-founder-jeff-bezos-reportedly-interested-in-owning-nfl-team/ar-BBWyePS

How do you know he is buddy-buddy with Snyder (who sux)?

Is the team for sale in the near future?

It was in one of the articles.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/amazon-founder-jeff-bezos-reportedly-interested-in-owning-nfl-team/ar-BBWyePS

With Seattlites re-electing Commie Sawant, it's too bad Amazon wasn't able to buy the election. For the record, I'm not siding with Amazon...I'm anti-extremist political mindsets.

LOL so true. She is determined to take any fun out of Seattle.
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:48 pm
  • The ownership right now is good. Selling to Bezos might not be bad at all, but new ownership increases the likelihood of big change(s) which can bad. Or good.

But everything is good right now. The stadium, the uniforms, the coaching staff (well most of them), etc. So there is really nothing of desire that we could hope for with a new owner that makes the potential risks worth it.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:09 pm
  • I hate the idea of having Bezos as the face of our franchise.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm
  • I know Jerruh Jones was recruiting Bezos to buy the Seahawks as soon as Paul Allen passed away
    Jayburd14
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:46 pm
  • Dan Snyder donated $1 million to Donald J's inauguration. Bezo's own the WaPo. They're supposed to be good buddies?
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Never say never, but I’d be shocked if Jody sold the team. She apparently was one of the people who convinced Paul to buy the Hawks in the first place.

If Jody is a fan of Seattle sports history, she’ll know if a team gets sold, it may not end well for that former owner in Seattle.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 pm
  • Seahawks have a 30-year lease with the city. Judy has already said she doesn't plan to sell. Bezos is only a monster to the Kshama Sawants trying to run Amazon out of Seattle for some weird reason.

Much Ado about nothing. And I will never understand people's hatred for bezos considering what he's done for Seattle. It's just ignorance. People hate success. Always been that way, always will.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:50 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Seahawks have a 30-year lease with the city. Judy has already said she doesn't plan to sell. Bezos is only a monster to the Kshama Sawants trying to run Amazon out of Seattle for some weird reason.

Much Ado about nothing. And I will never understand people's hatred for bezos considering what he's done for Seattle. It's just ignorance. People hate success. Always been that way, always will.

I've got nothing against Bezos, I hate Sawant, but I don't want him buying the Seahawks. I don't want a non-native owner again.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:48 pm
  • Jayburd14 wrote:I know Jerruh Jones was recruiting Bezos to buy the Seahawks as soon as Paul Allen passed away

I hate Jerry Jones. Just ANOTHER reason to hate the cowpukes.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: No masked F bombs... Even With Swear Filter
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:31 pm
  • I can't imagine a reason why Jody would sell. It wouldn't be for the money. I imagine it will stay a Vulcan asset as long as Vulcan is around.
    Redsand187
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 am
  • Shopping for owners is hard.
    AVL
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:44 am
  • TreeRon wrote:Dan Snyder donated $1 million to Donald J's inauguration. Bezo's own the WaPo. They're supposed to be good buddies?

Believe it or not, people with differing political ideologies can still be friends. Shocking but true in 2019.
    HawkSince87
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:02 am
  • yeah I don't think so.

It better stay within Allen family
    quadsas
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:24 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah, I don't get it. He's never owned a sports team before. Who is to say he won't be completely hands off and let the football people make football decisions just like Paul did? No one knows.

How about the closest we have to a modern day "evil" corporation that has products proven to spy on us. You want the head of that running the hawks? I squirm just thinking of it.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:34 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

How about the closest we have to a modern day "evil" corporation that has products proven to spy on us. You want the head of that running the hawks? I squirm just thinking of it.

What's evil about Amazon? They've been totally loyal to Seattle, brought countless jobs to the city, put mom and pop businesses back on the map and given them a way to compete against Walmart (and compete well).

Amazon brings hundreds of thousands of well paying jobs to Seattle, drives real estate values up to historic values, and actively attempts to play a good role in our community, and all Seattle can do is b!@ch and whine, call them evil, and try to drive the company away.

I honestly don't get it.

All these whiners don't understand, much less deserve, the benefits they've been given by being here, simply by riding the coat tails of the greatest economic boom in Seattle history (and American history).

Nope. All they wanna do is call it evil. Because anyone who's doing well obviously cheated and is evil. There's no way that success can be a good thing.

Freaking losers. Don't deserve the success they didn't even earn. That's why I've left Seattle and many investors I know are moving on. The city has been taken over by entitled, idiotic, hangers-on losers that can only b!@ch and whine while adding absolutely zero value to the city on their own.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Masked words are not allowed in the main forums. Even with the word filtering. Any words not allowed before are still not allowed.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm
  • Go back to reading your Ayn Rand novel boot licker Hans

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    taylorvon29
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Jayburd14 wrote:I know Jerruh Jones was recruiting Bezos to buy the Seahawks as soon as Paul Allen passed away

I hate Jerry Jones. Just ANOTHER reason to hate the cowpukes.

Typical Jerry Jones. As soon as Paul Allen passes away trying to dip his hand in a REAL Franchise. I CAN"T STAND Jerry Jones or the cowboys. My Advice for Jerruh is stay far far away from us here in the PNW and keep your hee haw ass in Dallas and go ruin someone else's Franchise.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information