Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Good for you Soulfish!

I hate picking against my team so I will reverse my early thinking and I pick the Hawks by 4 late. 24-20. Wilson manufactures a masterful late TD drive and is recognized nationally as the top candidate for the MVP. My initial post is edited.

The Hawks D stuffs the Digits run game, more man coverage is played, and the team gets a couple of sacks; Carson and Penny both have good games. Pete ball wins it.

The media reports the whiners showed up flat, after slobbering all over them in the first half.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• This one is going to get ugly really quick...

49ers 37
    Seahawks 13

Season record: 3-6
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• DYLcurry59 wrote:This one is going to get ugly really quick...

49ers 37
    Seahawks 13

Season record: 3-6

I hope you mean your season record and not the outcome. :2thumbs: :lol:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Going 21 17 seahawks. Hopefully our $h!t kicker doesnt cost us the game.

Ytd 6-3
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Here's to hoping we are obnoxious in a good way after a massive win on Monday night. Have a great weekend everyone, Go Hawks! :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• 49ers 24
    Seahawks 16

That being said I could easily see this being a close game throughout with Russ making some magic and getting us the win. Unfortunately with a beat up O line and no pass rush vs. a team with a good pass rush I don't see us being able to do much in the way of ever having good field position or scoring many points.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• I want pissed off Russell this game, pissed off Russell is like having a Hot Knife cutting thru butter and he does it with a mentality of you disrespect me and my team and I will filet you like a Salmon.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Oh man as good as Wilson is weez in trouble on Monday.

Jusczcyk and Staley are back and the whinners running game will be back on and our run defense has not been so flash of late. This is going to hurt us.

Santa Clara will also have learnt from defensive mistakes against Arizona after their short week. I am thinking a big part of their defensive woes against Arizona was the short week and they were tired and did not have full practices to prep them.

Now they have had an eleven day break and they are all rested and will be fully prepared with adjustments. The only good thing for us is that K'won Alexander is out. That could hurt them but they have more depth this year and are more modular.

They also have a good edge with Ford and Bosa. Hope our Ol'e Pete has a plan for this to protect Wilson. If they get through the Oline Wilson might not be able to jink outside the pocket.

I am scared it will be a blow out against us unless Wilson gets lucky. Santa Clara 49 - 10 Hawks

No Toot toot on Monday
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

• The lack of pressure will have JimmyG looking like Joe Montana for most of the game. Add in a Myers miss and a Carson fumble and the Hawks will be playing catch up from early on.

SF - 34
    Sea - 24
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Vegas says Digits by 6.5, both teams know each other.

Blowout Ls are not that common in Seattle's divisional history (there have been some) and I doubt this game will be a blowout for either team.

The Digits have a superior D, and their O does things this year's D is not strong defending; but they are capable of adjusting to limit if we see some creativity. Their pass rush will likely erase many deep ball opportunities for RW so the team will need to switch up to a quick passing attack until the opportunities arise. I'd expect the running game to be relentless on the Hawks part until SF can show they can make it unproductive. I'm sure I'll be yelling at the TV about poor D before long, but that is normal. Finding ways to get pressure and pressing the line more will help, but only if the S play steps it up, and there is some semblance of a pass rush.

I expect a close game and if they let RW hang around it could get interesting late. The cardiac kids are good at scrapping out late ugly Ws. Although a late ugy W will be pretty darn sweet if they can do it.

Expectations are low, it's a road game in prime time against an undefeated rested team in their house. Sure it could be ugly but this game is HUGE for the season's end for the Hawks and just another important divisional game for the Digits. I am not counting my team out so quickly and predict the winner will not win by a large margin.

There is always a shot with RW if the game is kept close. I made my optimistic pick above.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seatooter wrote:Oh man as good as Wilson is weez in trouble on Monday.

Jusczcyk and Staley are back and the whinners running game will be back on and our run defense has not been so flash of late. This is going to hurt us.

Santa Clara will also have learnt from defensive mistakes against Arizona after their short week. I am thinking a big part of their defensive woes against Arizona was the short week and they were tired and did not have full practices to prep them.

Now they have had an eleven day break and they are all rested and will be fully prepared with adjustments. The only good thing for us is that K'won Alexander is out. That could hurt them but they have more depth this year and are more modular.

They also have a good edge with Ford and Bosa. Hope our Ol'e Pete has a plan for this to protect Wilson. If they get through the Oline Wilson might not be able to jink outside the pocket.

I am scared it will be a blow out against us unless Wilson gets lucky. Santa Clara 49 - 10 Hawks

No Toot toot on Monday

Who are you trying to kid. You're no Hawk fan. :pukeface:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    Seatooter wrote:Oh man as good as Wilson is weez in trouble on Monday.

No Toot toot on Monday

So I say my opinion and thus I am not a Seahawks fan? Just sad. Truth hurts sometimes you know homer
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seatooter wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

No Toot toot on Monday

So I say my opinion and thus I am not a Seahawks fan? Just sad. Truth hurts sometimes you know homer

This board knows who is trolling the site. Pretty obvious with only 3 posts. Your post makes it perfectly clear you are a Niner fan only, so go back to your own board.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Seatooter wrote:Oh man as good as Wilson is weez in trouble on Monday.

No Toot toot on Monday

Another Niner troll pretending to be a Hawks fan. Epic Fail.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• :snack:
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• Russ tosses 4 TDs, two to Lockett who burns Sherm for one of them. Carson rushes for 100. Hawks win, 31-27.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:

No Toot toot on Monday

We'll come pick up this troll if you come get Kittleskittle and Goldensnake from ours, LOL
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• Washington49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

No Toot toot on Monday

We'll come pick up this troll if you come get Kittleskittle and Goldensnake from ours, LOL

Who's gonna come pick you up?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

No Toot toot on Monday

You feel froggy, jump.
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Another Niner troll pretending to be a Hawks fan. Epic Fail.

You feel froggy, jump.

That is rather unkind. Where did all that Seattle hospitality go?
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seatooter wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:

You feel froggy, jump.

That is rather unkind. Where did all that Seattle hospitality go?

We don’t like Niner trolls pretending to be Hawks fans around these parts.
    Go back to the Denailzone where you came from.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• You can pick against the Hawks and still be a fan.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Hawks got that prime time juju

27-24 good guys
    7-2 ytd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

• I find this all amusing with all of the predictions.... However my Seahawks Heart is telling me we'll win this important game 31-17 :irishdrinkers:
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• Wenhawk wrote:You can pick against the Hawks and still be a fan.

Many of us have done that in the past, including myself. I don't have a problem picking against us when it's just a guess. That is all any of us are doing on this thread.

I also don't have a problem fans from other teams coming to this board and making a guess and picking against the Hawks. That is their right.

But when an opposing fan comes here and tries to poorly claim to be a Hawk fan and picks the way one poster did (Seatooter) then we have a right to call him out. It was so obvious that he is a Niner fan and just didn't have the guts to say so from the start. He either has no faith in his team and trying to give himself some courage coming here, or has no class at all. If I go to another teams board (very rarely do) then I will say I'm a Hawk fan at the start. I won't try to hide who I support.

The other Niner fans that do come to this board should be calling him out themselves. It makes them all look petty and gutless.

I called that poster out first, and would do it again.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:You can pick against the Hawks and still be a fan.

Many of us have done that in the past, including myself. I don't have a problem picking against us when it's just a guess. That is all any of us are doing on this thread.

I also don't have a problem fans from other teams coming to this board and making a guess and picking against the Hawks. That is their right.

But when an opposing fan comes here and tries to poorly claim to be a Hawk fan and picks the way one poster did (Seatooter) then we have a right to call him out. It was so obvious that he is a Niner fan and just didn't have the guts to say so from the start. He either has no faith in his team and trying to give himself some courage coming here, or has no class at all. If I go to another teams board (very rarely do) then I will say I'm a Hawk fan at the start. I won't try to hide who I support.

The other Niner fans that do come to this board should be calling him out themselves. It makes them all look petty and gutless.

Ok I am ready for it. Hanging on to my keyboard
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

Absolutely. Happens every week by well respected regulars that have been here forever.
    Problem is, the guy in question isn’t.
    My Trolldar is Aces. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seahawks 14-10

There's always one game per season it seems the team REALLY shows up to play. This is that game.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:

I think the Hawk fans have the calling out covered. Besides if we do then we just get the :snack:
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• I can't even predict a winner let alone a score. I believe nether team has exposed their hand on who's ready and healthy to play. If I have a half dozen reasons the Hawks will win, I've got another 6 why they won't. It will come down to "WHO WANTS TO WIN MOST". This game is going to decide who will win this division. No sense in talking about injuries cuz that's part of the 16 game season. I don't even think there is a Home field advantage. It's going to be a nail bitter. PS If I may add to the fans of the Niners, Welcome back to the NFC WEST!
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• Washington49er wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

I think the Hawk fans have the calling out covered. Besides if we do then we just get the :snack:

Poor little victim.

If you can't handle an emoticon, why are you here? You're like a Venus Flytrap surrounded by pencils.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• 9ers 31
    Hawks 26
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Key to Seattle winning, punch them in the mouth, then punch them in the mouth again, keep punching set the physicality.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

Poor little victim.

If you can't handle an emoticon, why are you here? You're like a Venus Flytrap surrounded by pencils.

Didn't say I couldn't handle anything. Poster said we should call out trolls, figured you had it covered. You're reading way too much into it. Too much coffee this morning?
    Washington49er
    NET Starter

• Seahawks win ugly 17-14
    or
    Seahawks lose ugly 37 - 13
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• I think the Seahawks will slow down the Niners rushing attack and Jimmy G will move the ball up and down the field but fail to convert TDs consistently. This could be the Seahawks most productive day rushing the passer.

Wilson will get a sacked a lot and the offense will struggle early. Eventually, we'll start converting on big plays off play action as the cumulative effects of Carson wears down the 49ers defense.

If the Niners had a healthy Kittle, then I'd give them the slight edge. If Kittle is out, then Seattle wins this close.

31-24 Seahawks.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:I think the Seahawks will slow down the Niners rushing attack and Jimmy G will move the ball up and down the field but fail to convert TDs consistently. This could be the Seahawks most productive day rushing the passer.

Wilson will get a sacked a lot and the offense will struggle early. Eventually, we'll start converting on big plays off play action as the cumulative effects of Carson wears down the 49ers defense.

If the Niners had a healthy Kittle, then I'd give them the slight edge. If Kittle is out, then Seattle wins this close.

31-24 Seahawks.

Makes sense to me.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• I would normally just pick the Niners to win a high scoring affair in this matchup but today is different.

Seahawks 62 - Niners 56 in OT.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Not a pleasant evening, particularly for the defense.

Seattle 27
    San Fran 41

RTD 6-3
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    knownone wrote:I think the Seahawks will slow down the Niners rushing attack and Jimmy G will move the ball up and down the field but fail to convert TDs consistently. This could be the Seahawks most productive day rushing the passer.

31-24 Seahawks.

Makes sense to me.

Kittle is not ruled out yet. Celek is active as well.

Staley and McGinichy are starting.

Juszzyk is also starting.

The Niners run game will be back to full speed. Our defense is going to have its work cut out for them.
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seatooter wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    knownone wrote:I think the Seahawks will slow down the Niners rushing attack and Jimmy G will move the ball up and down the field but fail to convert TDs consistently. This could be the Seahawks most productive day rushing the passer.

31-24 Seahawks.

Makes sense to me.

The Niners run game will be back to full speed. Our defense is going to have its work cut out for them.

Naw, never mind. You’re not worth it.
    Kittle is out now.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seatooter wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

31-24 Seahawks.

Makes sense to me.

Kittle is out now.

Boom!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• I think we pull it off. Amaze everyone.

SEA 41
    SF 37

YTD: 5-1
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Hawks 37

SF 35
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seatooter wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Makes sense to me.

Kittle is out now.

Boom!

10 zip already. Wilson sacked. No 3rd down conversion. I hate to say it but wasn't I right. This is going to be a route
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seatooter wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seatooter wrote:

Kittle is out now.

Boom!

10 zip already. Wilson sacked. No 3rd down conversion. I hate to say it but wasn't I right. This is going to be a route

hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Glad I was wrong.

Magical.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

• Gotta have faith.. primetime games mean a win!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Seatooter wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seatooter wrote:

Kittle is out now.

Boom!

It's spelled "rout", without an e.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information