Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • So what did we learn last week? We learned that the MVP is likely wearing a number 3 Seahawks jersey. Kids, don't take these days for granted. We are witnessing a quarterback who might come around once in a lifetime. Enjoy the ride.

What we also learned is that the LOB Era couldn't be further away in our rear view mirror. I am still trying to adjust to the fact that the Seahawks weakness is their defense. Feels as bizarre as saying Donald Trump is President of the United States.

Make no mistake about it. This game on Monday Night is going to be epic. If the Seahawks can pull out the victory it will be won on the arm of Russell Wilson and perhaps the running of Carson. Forget the defense having much of a say. This will be Russ' toughest test so far this season with that incredibly gifted front 7. They are going to do everything possible to try to stop him. My heart says the Seahawks will take this one in Santa Clara but my mind says otherwise. The Cardinals exposed some weaknesses but prepare for those to be shored up for this game.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - 49ers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-3
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I won't be able to watch this game due to work. I think that might be a good thing (defense drives me nuts and it's tough for me to watch sometimes.)

- I fear a "Let's go back to our cheesy brand of vanilla play calling" on offense.
    - I already know what to expect from the defense.
    - Has Myers snapped out of his funk? Missed field goals will probably prove costly.

I don't know man.
    I. Just. Do. Not. Know.

I had to do a coin flip.

Seahawks - 21
    49ers - 30 (because of our defense)

RTD 4-5

EDITED TO ADD:
    I found this on Twitter just now. It's an interesting thing to look at.
    Last edited by SeaMeat on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks will need to have some exceptional performances from a few players who have underwhelmed up until now to win. Dickson will need to win the punting battle against a pretty good punter that SF has. It's time for the kicker to get over the yips. We will need to finally see some pressures from Ansah. It's time for Reed to make a genuine appearance rather than being JAG inside.

Norton will need to shore up or abandon the soft zone and present differences to the SF O. It'd be intriguing to see some upgraded S play from Blair, Mcdougald, and possibly Diggs.

SF is favoured by 6.5 according to Vegas but although I expect them to win they won't cover the spread. * Ah, screw that! The D will keep it close and RW will snatch away a late W and show the doubters he is the real MVP.

24-20 and our team moves to 8-2.* They will keep the game close, and this time won't as usual spot the other team a two touchdown lead before starting to play.

* EDITED PREDICTION *
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• This is a game where coaching is KEY to victory. If Pete, Shotty and Norton can put together an excellent game plan then we should win this game. Coaching is always vital of course but this game especially they need to be on it!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Seahawks 24 - Niners 31

Carson has a huge game, but our defense is swiss cheese again. Shanahan must be licking his chops coming up with a gameplan for this one.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Santa Clara: 34
    Hawks 17
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• I will be surprised if the D doesnt come out fired up and play their best game of the year.It wont be anywhere near perfect but they will be good enough. Hopefully slow down the run. Give Jimmy his yards.
    Carson has a good game and Wilson pulls it out 27-23
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:So what did we learn last week? We learned that the MVP is likely wearing a number 3 Seahawks jersey. Kids, don't take these days for granted. We are witnessing a quarterback who might come around once in a lifetime. Enjoy the ride.

What we also learned is that the LOB Era couldn't be further away in our rear view mirror. I am still trying to adjust to the fact that the Seahawks weakness is their defense. Feels as bizarre as saying Donald Trump is President of the United States.

Make no mistake about it. This game on Monday Night is going to be epic. If the Seahawks can pull out the victory it will be won on the arm of Russell Wilson and perhaps the running of Carson. Forget the defense having much of a say. This will be Russ' toughest test so far this season with that incredibly gifted front 7. They are going to do everything possible to try to stop him. My heart says the Seahawks will take this one in Santa Clara but my mind says otherwise. The Cardinals exposed some weaknesses but prepare for those to be shored up for this game.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - 49ers 24

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-3

I have no faith in our defense and 49er defense will keep us below our avg.

SF 31

Hawks 20
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• We should have a healthy defense for this game. Diggs should make his debut, Blair will probably still start.

Mike Evans was a tough matchup for us. So was Julio Jones. Neither one of them is on this Niners roster. Clowney will need to have an insane game to stop the run.

If I was a betting man, I would say Seahawks lose by a field goal. But I just get the sneaky suspicion that the addition of Gordon will take this offense to the next level. And prawn* Jimmy will have to win the game on his arm

Score : 21-24. Niners win
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• I want so bad for the Seahawks to win this game. But the 49ers are clearly the better overall team right now, so if I am being honest I think they will win. Their Defense is the real deal.

Seahawks 20
    49ers 27

My Record to Date: 7-2
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Just please Baby Jesus don't let Sherman get a Pick 6 off of Russ. I couldn't stomach that sh*t show and smug celebration.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• this, so much this ^^^^

I'm hoping we spend next week hearing the excuses for him getting beat. It never happened or it was a "funny play" :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Just like we do every week we play down to the worse teams in the NFL and we play up to the best teams in the NFL. Think Eagles in 2017 or Chiefs in 2018.

This is a PRIME TIME game and we're the underdogs...Seahawks 31 Santa Clara 20 :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:
    Barakas
    NET Starter

• Barakas wrote:Just like we do every week we play down to the worse teams in the NFL and we play up to the best teams in the NFL. Think Eagles in 2017 or Chiefs in 2018.

This is a PRIME TIME game and we're the underdogs...Seahawks 31 Santa Clara 20 :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Love it!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sorry, I'm as big a Homer as any of you, and also keenly aware of our great success on Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games. But it's not going to happen this week. SF will gamely try running the ball a bit, but quickly give it up and go almost exclusively to the pass, and predominately toward Flowers. Garoppolo is no Wilson but he's plenty good enough to put up a buttload of points.

Seahawks 24
    Whiners 37

Record-to-date 5 - 4
    tdlabrie
    NET Veteran

• I think Russ finds a way to mitigate their front 7 and drops a few shock and awesomeness on them in the 2nd half, and solidifies his mvp status. And I think our D will play out of their minds. Hawks 31-30 in OT.
    WarHawks
    NET Rookie

• Primetime killerz. For whatever reason (just afluke of matchups maybe) the Hawks are road warriors this year, and the mindf***k pressure of staying undefeated creates the triple trouble for da niners. The scores will be somewhere 20-40 ea, Hawks will win by three max.

Because that how Pete do now.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

• Seahawks fan 1st ; but if I was putting my money where my mouth is....21-27...SF
    xray
    NET Veteran

• AubHawk71 wrote:Primetime killerz. For whatever reason (just afluke of matchups maybe) the Hawks are road warriors this year, and the mindf***k pressure of staying undefeated creates the triple trouble for da niners. The scores will be somewhere 20-40 ea, Hawks will win by three max.

Better weed than I have :lol:
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Wow what a game!! I have not felt this excited about a game in years! Last week I had a weird feeling about the game and was not comfortable the whole game. This week I feel like the Hawks pull off the win and put the doubt in the 49ers the rest of the season. I hoping for a surprise from the Defense because you know the Offense will be ballin’! ROADWARRIORS!!!

Hawks 32
    49ers 21

RTD 6-3
    BubbaGump
    NET Rookie

• Seahawks will really surprise everyone and win this game coming from behind in the last couple of minutes with a long TD pass to Metcalf making the final score:

---- 34 - 31 SEAHAWKS WIN ----

During the course of the game, the Seahawk defense will score at least 1-TD on a Jimmy G interception, the offense will likely pass 40 times or so, and win primarily on RW's arm. 49-er fans will be really PISSED OFF. Lockett, Carson & Penny will contribute significantly also. On defense, Clowney will have his best game as a Seahawk & Blair will have his bigtime breakout day. So, I'm really just a big old homer I guess, but I can't watch a game with the fear of losing.
    :smilingalien:
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• This is primetime game. Hawks aren't losing this one. But it will be a close battle.

Hawks - 24
    SF - 17
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• I predict a shootout and I'm going with RW.
    Seattle 34-30
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• You kidding? We will step up to the task on mnf vs SF. Defense will be hungry and Jimmy isn't a scrambler. We take a barn burner Sea 34 SF 28.
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

• It's been awhile since we've lost a Primetime game. The team will be "amped up" for this game. The winner will likely kick a field goal in the last few seconds. Hawks win 33-30.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Weird stuff happens with us playing on Monday night, what I can predict is that in the first half the broadcast will be coddling the 49ers, by the end of the game praising Wilsons heroics.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jeez the first half of this thread is weak. Prime Time game, Niners best win was the Rams without their best player and have yet to be tested by a real QB. I'll take the Hawks 27-16.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• This one gets out of hand.

SF 41
    Hawks 20
    zchurch74
    NET Starter

• I just don't see q good ending for the Hawks this week
    49ers 38 Hawks 26
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• The difference between drafting well and picking Bosa versus trading back and picking poorly. 34-10 niners
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• SF 28
    US 14
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

• This has been a weird season so far with this team. Everything points to us getting our 3rd loss of the season. That would pretty much take us out of the race in win our division and only leave us a wild card shot.

But we also have a great record playing in prime time and doing what everyone else thinks is impossible. You have to think the team is really motivated for this game and will rise to the occasion.

For this reason I'm going with an upset on Monday night.

Hawks 34
    Niners 30

Lets do it! :irishdrinkers:

RTD: 6-3
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:
    AubHawk71 wrote:Primetime killerz. For whatever reason (just afluke of matchups maybe) the Hawks are road warriors this year, and the mindf***k pressure of staying undefeated creates the triple trouble for da niners. The scores will be somewhere 20-40 ea, Hawks will win by three max.

Better weed than I have :lol:

Because you live in AZ fool.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

• NJlargent wrote:The difference between drafting well and picking Bosa versus trading back and picking poorly. 34-10 niners

This is such ridiculous trolling, it doesn't even bear responding to...but I will, anyway. The Seahawks losing by 24 points? Yeah, ok. How much you want to bet that the final score is within nine or fewer points, win or lose?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Chris Carson is going to have to run the ball like he is a wreaking ball, no fluff, just straight ahead, in your face, inside the tackles, power running. I'd like to see them fun four screens to Carson and let penny run it outside.And use Prosise as our 3rd down back.

First down, first down... ect chew the hell out of the clock in the first half.Then turn Russ loose in the second half.

This game will be known as "the mite of the Seahawk"

Seahawks 23

SF 17 F/OT

7-2 :229031_cheers:
    Last edited by Chawker on Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• WarHawks wrote:I think Russ finds a way to mitigate their front 7 and drops a few shock and awesomeness on them in the 2nd half, and solidifies his mvp status. And I think our D will play out of their minds. Hawks 31-30 in OT.

:bsflag: How do you score 1 point in overtime. :roll:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Jeez the first half of this thread is weak. Prime Time game, Niners best win was the Rams without their best player and have yet to be tested by a real QB. I'll take the Hawks 27-16.

Lol

You do realise we were missing 3 of our main components of our running game right and we still beat the rams.

Our running game took a massive dive from week four, with our left and right tackle and fullback injured, all integral to opening up our running game.

They are all back and we are going to gash you guys.

41 to 17
    JaGuR
    NET Bench Warmer

• NJlargent wrote:The difference between drafting well and picking Bosa versus trading back and picking poorly. 34-10 niners

The difference between being horrible for 5 years in a row and draft consistently in the top 5 verus the back end of the draft.

Bosa was the best player in the draft by far Matt Millen himself would have been able to make that pick. The Niners were very fortunate to suck and that the Cards needed a QB.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• We will be down at half. I would say there will be 3-6 sacks of Wilson by HALFTIME.

Second half will have adjustments and let's hope for a competitive game.

SF - 34
    SEA - 27
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• Chawker wrote:
    WarHawks wrote:I think Russ finds a way to mitigate their front 7 and drops a few shock and awesomeness on them in the 2nd half, and solidifies his mvp status. And I think our D will play out of their minds. Hawks 31-30 in OT.

:bsflag: How do you score 1 poeerrint in overtime. :roll:

I saw that yesterday but was nice and kept it moving. Lol
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• JaGuR wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Jeez the first half of this thread is weak. Prime Time game, Niners best win was the Rams without their best player and have yet to be tested by a real QB. I'll take the Hawks 27-16.

Lol

You do realise we were missing 3 of our main components of our running game right and we still beat the rams.

Our running game took a massive dive from week four, with our left and right tackle and fullback injured, all integral to opening up our running game.

They are all back and we are going to gash you guys.

41 to 17

What position do you play?
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Our kicker is......Seabass like. Their kicker is out!!!

That's a wash and I think it's going to come down to who sucks worse in this dept. Every statistical stat is almost even for both teams. EXCEPT, we have the better QB, WR's and RB's.....Our LB's are not worthy of the base defense at this point. Get Amadi and Diggs in the game and start playing more nickel. We can beat these chumps.

No score, just win.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Yeah, having the #2 overall pick was a brilliant decision by the 49ers. It's too bad for them that they are completely ruining their 2020 draft.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• 38 -21.. 49ers.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• A defining game for both teams...don't miss it
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Can Russell build upon his big game last week. Primetime Monday Night Football is where our team loves to shine. This is going to be a very telling game. Who are we really? I think we are better than we think, I think this team can play great football. I'm ready for a big win.

Seahawks 24 - 23

YTD 5-4

Closest Prediction wins free stickers
    1. Pick WInner
    2. Lowest Score Differential + Total Point Differential
    3. Closest to the Winners Score
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Hamhawk wrote:I just don't see q good ending for the Hawks this week
    49ers 38 Hawks 26

You won 2 weeks ago and you never checked you PMs so I could mail you some stickers.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Their D front 4 is better than our O line and our D line is not up to snuff.
    49ers 34
    Seahawks 21
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• I think the Seahawks will establish the run and hit enough play action passes to pull it out. I also think the D Line improves a little as Reed should now be in game shape. We just can't start slow.

Seahawks 31
    49ers 21
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

• We? I didn't know one of the Niners players is posting on here.

All week, I've been thinking of picking the Niners. But the more and more I hear all the negative crap, and the fact that so many (including the media) are picking us to lose on MONDAY......I'm going with another great close game that comes down to the wire. Russ and company pull it out at the end, this time with Myers actually MAKING a game winner. I'm expecting a split, and I know the Niners are a damn solid team. However, the crowning stuff is getting real old. I imagine after a loss it would be Niners worship dot com in here :pukeface:

Hawks 23-20
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information