So... Myers is gone, right?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
So... Myers is gone, right?
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:42 pm
  • Pro Bowl kicker my ass.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Re: So... Myers is gone right?
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:43 pm
  • Sure hope Pete learned his lesson. Seabass did this garbage last year and Pete kept him the entire year.
    FloridaSeahawk18
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: So... Myers is gone, right?
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:44 pm
  • Who is out there though? Kicking seems poor across the board today.

I noticed the guy we tried out missed at least 1 kick for the jets today. Ficken?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:51 pm
  • I'm not happy with him, who is...

With that said, sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side.

Remember when Hausch money had that bad half a season or so? We got rid of him for it...

Never been the same.

Sometimes you just gotta ride it out, we'll see what they decide to do. At least we don't have to make these decisions or take the blame for them.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• Myers cost us 7 today. :pukeface:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Who is out there though?
    . Ficken?

Hey, there's no need to cuss :smilingalien:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:53 pm
  • BigMeach wrote:I'm not happy with him, who is...

Remember when Hausch money had that bad half a season or so? We got rid of him for it...

Never been the same.

Sometimes you just gotta ride it out, we'll see what they decide to do. At least we don't have to make these decisions or take the blame for them.

Gotta go along, as there isn't much out there.

UK Seahawk, you've got an entire country full of kickers ...hummm
    Last edited by TreeRon on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:53 pm
  • Why are any of you shocked ? Last year was a outlier, Myers is exactly like he always has been.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:54 pm
  • I’d like to think so but who will replace him is the worry.

Who do you go to?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:54 pm
  • Since Russ as usual covered up for all of our mistakes Myers will continue to stick around
    ducks41468
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 pm
  • Pats tried out Kai Forbath, Mike Nugent, Elliott Fry, Blair Walsh and Matthew Wright, plus Younghoe Koo and Josh Gable. Koo's now the starter for Atlanta.

If we're talking rental then call up some retirees like Phil Dawson. He is three years younger than Adam Viniteri after all. Might have something left.

All high-risk, but I'd argue not necessarily more so than this yippy guy we've now got.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:01 pm
  • Cody Parkey did well for the Titans filling in for the injured Ryan Succop. Yeah, that miss in the playoffs was bad, but I don't think it Blair Walshed his confidence.

Hell, give Matt Bryant a call. We owe him one. I think Kaare Vedvik is out there too.
    Last edited by Rat on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Re: So... Myers is gone right?
  • FloridaSeahawk18 wrote:Sure hope Pete learned his lesson. Seabass did this garbage last year and Pete kept him the entire year.

Seabass was more consistent than Meyers has been this year... He also could hit fieldgoals from over 50 plus unlike our current kicker.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Pete just said on the radio that Myers is "our kicker". "It didn't go right today but it will"

So...as we thought.
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:06 pm
  • Jan Stenerud is still available.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:15 pm
  • I wonder if Myers is hurt like the Pats kicker was. He was never that good but his lack of performance today was a cliff.

Maybe he needs to be on IR to come back for 2020. Maybe he needs to be released outright. I don't know, but he does not not seem to have what we need in 2019. What we do know is that even one of these fg mistakes could have and will cost us future games. Bring these other people in for at least a visit.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:19 pm
  • We need to draft the kick from Georgia. I’m pretty sure he is a senior. The guy is really good and has made a few 50+ field goals in his career.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:23 pm
  • Seems doubtful. :229031_shrug:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:28 pm
  • In favor of who?
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 pm
  • No doubt he will be cut...if not just wait...itll only get worse.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:24 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Who is out there though? Kicking seems poor across the board today.

I noticed the guy we tried out missed at least 1 kick for the jets today. Ficken?

I'll take Carli Lloyd at this point.

It looked like Metcalf purposely ran to the left hash, and Myers still pushed it wide right.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:31 pm
  • Need to go the Dickson route and draft a kicker.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:39 pm
  • It's not his leg but his head. He'll be fine.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:40 pm
  • Pete after the game said he's our kicker and although he had a bad day he has confidence in him.

Coach speak perhaps but he can be a good kicker. However this season he's been hit and miss.

who would be the replacement for the rest of the season.

today was fugly indeed, and he almost cost the team the game, after leaving 7 easy points off the scoreboard.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:43 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:Jan Stenerud is still available.

Lou "The Toe" Groza baby!
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:44 pm
  • seabowl wrote:It's not his leg but his head. He'll be fine.

The problem is that's when it isn't fine
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:44 pm
  • This thread is so indicative of todays culture. The guy had a bad game and he should be thrown out according to everyone here. Likewise if someone has a great game they are the second coming of christ. Yes he had a god awful day. Normally he is an average kicker. Everyone want to just get rid of an average kicker for a bad day. I am so glad you all are not on any team of mine. So much for loyalty. I guess we shoudl get rid of him and find anyone to replace him so they can have a bad game and we keep repeating until 5 years from now we find a great kicker until they have a bad game.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:53 pm
  • I like Pete and how he always has his players back, but Myers has to go. If we lost, this game could have cost us the playoffs. Myers is clearly feeling the nerves, and I’d much rather have a kicker go into the next game with full confidence. Even his makes barely went in. Pats cut their kicker after a few poor games, we should do the same.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:58 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:This thread is so indicative of todays culture. The guy had a bad game and he should be thrown out according to everyone here. Likewise if someone has a great game they are the second coming of christ. Yes he had a god awful day. Normally he is an average kicker. Everyone want to just get rid of an average kicker for a bad day. I am so glad you all are not on any team of mine. So much for loyalty. I guess we shoudl get rid of him and find anyone to replace him so they can have a bad game and we keep repeating until 5 years from now we find a great kicker until they have a bad game.

You think this is about one game? Did you just start watching this week? He's paid like a top kicker, but currently ranks 21st in the NFL with a 76.9%. He has only made 50% of his attempts over 40 yards. That's inexcusable at his salary, and if we're going to play so many close games, we need a kicker we can actually rely on. The way our defense was playing today, it may have cost us the game against a 2-5 team had we not won the OT coin toss.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:59 pm
  • We should cut Meyers and fire Pete Monday! KIDDING!!!
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 pm
  • Myers looked either injured or ill today. Balance issues from a flu bug? Every kick looked different, no consistency.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:17 pm
  • BigMeach wrote:I'm not happy with him, who is...

Never been the same.

I totally agree. It has been upsetting but he has yet to cost us a game like the past few kickers. He does need to be better. Where the kicks he missed all going in the same direction today?
    emurri
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:22 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:We need to draft the kick from Georgia. I’m pretty sure he is a senior. The guy is really good and has made a few 50+ field goals in his career.

He has been good but he did cost them a game though. Myers hasn't yet. I agree with someone that said this seems to be a bad year for kickers. I mean some of the best in history have been horrid this year. I think we should just stick with him.
    emurri
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:30 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Who is out there though? Kicking seems poor across the board today.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like kickers have gotten worse over the last couple of years.
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:32 pm
  • Seabass, and now Meyers. Could it be that Dickson can't hold for squat? I haven't heard anything about ball placements. Might be something to consider...
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 pm
  • It seems since they moved the PAT back kickers have struggled. I think that was a great rule change.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:01 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:Seabass, and now Meyers. Could it be that Dickson can't hold for squat? I haven't heard anything about ball placements. Might be something to consider...

After every miss they they showed a reply of the hold and they were all perfect.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 pm

• https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/stat ... 2559273984

Pete Carroll volunteered support for Jason Myers after the Seahawks' kicker went 2 of 4 on field goals and missed a PAT Sunday. Myers' miss from 40 yards out would have won the game in regulation. He's now 12 of 17 this year. "He's our kicker," Carroll said. "It didn't go right today for him, but it's going to." Myers is in the first year of a four-year, $15.45 million deal that includes $7 million guaranteed, so Seattle doesn't have much choice for now but to ride it out and hope he improves.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:16 pm
  • Barakas wrote:Pete just said on the radio that Myers is "our kicker". "It didn't go right today but it will"

So...as we thought.

I would have loved to have cut him after the missed xtra point, but the problem is your only option is to sign someone off the street. And the question then is, is anyone on the street unemployed better than him? If not, what are you to do?
    OrangeGravy
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:27 am
  • Could it be that our ST coaching don’t know how to deal with kickers who have confidence issues? Could it be they don’t know what they are doing?

One the usual suspects will naturally blame Pete for 7 missed points.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:49 am
  • He is already getting guarantee 7 million. why spend more on a kicker. unless there is someone obviously better, just ride out the storm.

They need to start getting him easier kicks to boost his confidence.

If Norton still has a job I dont see why Myers would lose his...
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:36 am
  • Like Carroll said "he's our kicker " .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:44 am
  • Call this guy...?

RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:47 am
  • Younghoe Koo, baby.

I can see the SB now...Josh Gordon with a 90 yard bomb pass to set up our glorious kicker....

Hoo for the win.

The circle is now complete.
    NJSeahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 am
  • Blair Walsh missed 8 field goals in his season with us and Myers is already at 5, Question, does anybody have any form of confidence in this guy when he lines up to kick? My neither. Two things are guaranteed going forward and thats that Pete will be going for it on 4th downs more often than usual and that we'll have a different kicker next season.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:58 am
  • zchurch74 wrote:It seems since they moved the PAT back kickers have struggled. I think that was a great rule change.

I agree. They are no longer a gimme. What I don't like is kickoffs now. Because the distance has been moved up it's usually not returnable and if it is the player is usually stopped pretty short. Also starting at the 25 is a much better option 90% of the time than returning it unlike when you used to start at the 20.

I understand the reasoning is to have less injuries on the those racecar collisions on kickoffs but it has taken away excitement from the game. Kickoffs are literally worthless to the game now, might as well be removed at this rate.
    calinator
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 am
  • calinator wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:It seems since they moved the PAT back kickers have struggled. I think that was a great rule change.

I agree. They are no longer a gimme. What I don't like is kickoffs now. Because the distance has been moved up it's usually not returnable and if it is the player is usually stopped pretty short. Also starting at the 25 is a much better option 90% of the time than returning it unlike when you used to start at the 20.

I understand the reasoning is to have less injuries on the those racecar collisions on kickoffs but it has taken away excitement from the game. Kickoffs are literally worthless to the game now, might as well be removed at this rate.

I agree. The reason to keep the kickoff was to allow onside kicks. But the rules changes to onside kicks have made them impossible to recover now. So just get rid of kickoffs. If you want allow exciting comebacks make it dependent on scoring a 2 point conversion from 15 yards out. If you make it, you get 2 points and can keep the ball from your 25.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    calinator wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:It seems since they moved the PAT back kickers have struggled. I think that was a great rule change.

I agree. The reason to keep the kickoff was to allow onside kicks. But the rules changes to onside kicks have made them impossible to recover now. So just get rid of kickoffs. If you want allow exciting comebacks make it dependent on scoring a 2 point conversion from 15 yards out. If you make it, you get 2 points and can keep the ball from your 25.

The onside kick. Another horrible thing now, not much excitement anymore. NFL literally just trying to get rid of kicking.
    calinator
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:28 am
  • nwHawk wrote:Seabass, and now Meyers. Could it be that Dickson can't hold for squat? I haven't heard anything about ball placements. Might be something to consider...

SeaBass did complain about the holds last training camp.

I dunno, I say teach Dickson to placekick.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Blair Walsh missed 8 field goals in his season with us and Myers is already at 5, Question, does anybody have any form of confidence in this guy when he lines up to kick? My neither. Two things are guaranteed going forward and thats that Pete will be going for it on 4th downs more often than usual and that we'll have a different kicker next season.

We don't really have a choice, it's not like 80-90% FG percentage rate kickers are just walking the streets waiting for a phone call.

Look what the Patriots are going through, they just plucked Nick Folk out of the Alliance Football League, which doesn't even exist anymore.

So while every fiber of my being wanted to come in this morning and cut Meyers, I think we're too far into the season to start bringing in bad kickers off the scrap heap.

There is no good answer. But I'm certainly with everyone else, I have NO faith in Meyers, and I haven't all season. Dude obviously excelled on a crap team with no pressure on him to make kicks cause the Jets stunk, and now that he's on a good team the pressure is too much for him, and he's turned into a headcase.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information