Finally Excited About this Team

D

DomeHawk

As the draft, training camp, and the preseason progressed I was cautiously optimistic but too many times found myself thinking this was only a slightly better than middle-of-the-road team. As the front office put the final pieces in play addressing our weaknesses I find myself really excited over the potential this squad has.

It is going to depend on a few things though, e.g.:

The new end rushers are going to have to live up to their hype coming in or our secondary is going to get torched.

The receivers are going to have to step up, we have the passer, we just need the catchers.

The O-line claims they are on the verge of greatness, now prove it.

I really believe that RW is capable of having a MVP season but he is going to need some help.

If we can make it to 5-3 at mid-season, the second half will be lights out and this has a chance to be a really good season.

https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox/id/ ... 8rcAAAA%3D

quadsas

Reaction score
I don't really see a way we can regress from last year. We have a really good shot at home field advantage

Mick063

Reaction score
I have been watching this sport for a long, long time.

In the end, it always boils down to how healthy the team is relative to the other contenders. This can be mitigated by the quality of backups at key positions. The season is a marathon and a good rotation keeps players healthy and fresh.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
quadsas":3j3k04z8 said:
I don't really see a way we can regress from last year. We have a really good shot at home field advantage

I worry about the WR corp.

xray

Reaction score
The defense is better on the line and LBs. The secondary as a whole ; I really don't know . We will see soon . IMO

quadsas

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3npjxu1r said:
quadsas":3npjxu1r said:

I worry about the WR corp.

I think Pete and John done enough to address Baldwin's retirement. Secondary is next up. Flowers please be good, Shaq please not be a lost cause already

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm all in on this years Seattle Seahawks !

We are going to win our second championship,our run defense is going to be top 10. We are a more complete team all around, except for Doug Baldwin.

Only the mighty will be left after the smoke clears. :0190l:

GO HAWKS! CHEERS :2thumbs:

massari

Reaction score
PC seems really high on Nickerson, Blair and Amadi so we shall see.

Seahawks top 5 WR stats 2018:

Lockett 965 yds 10 td
Baldwin 618 yds 5 td
Moore 445 yds 5 td
Brown 166 yds 5 td
Marshall 136 yds 1 td

The depth this season seems to make up for the loss of Baldwin.

Other than that, they should have a better pass rush, run D, ST's, kicker and deeper OL.

RiverDog

Reaction score
DomeHawk":8qqic1pw said:
If we can make it to 5-3 at mid-season, the second half will be lights out and this has a chance to be a really good season.

That's my hope, too. With all the injuries/rehabs we have, ie Collier, Ziggy, Iupati, Metcalf, plus we can expect a bit of a learning curve for Clowney and with Reed being suspended for the first 6 games, I'd love to end the first half of the season with a 5-3 record.

The schedule is set up pretty well for September, with us opening at home against what is on paper one of the weaker teams in the league and one of our road games being one where about 40% of the crowd are 12's and against another team that's not expected to compete when we travel to Arizona.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm pleased with how our offensive line is shaping up. Hopefully our offense can control the ball and keep the defense off the field until the defense gets their feet underneath them.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ezs4jnv said:
DomeHawk":3ezs4jnv said:

That's my hope, too. With all the injuries/rehabs we have, ie Collier, Ziggy, Iupati, Metcalf, plus we can expect a bit of a learning curve for Clowney and with Reed being suspended for the first 6 games, I'd love to end the first half of the season with a 5-3 record. I don't see the Rams running away with the division like they did last season.

The schedule is set up pretty well for September, with us opening at home against what is on paper one of the weaker teams in the league and one of our road games being one where about 40% of the crowd are 12's and against another team that's not expected to compete when we travel to Arizona.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm pleased with how our offensive line is shaping up. Hopefully our offense can control the ball and keep the defense off the field until the defense gets their feet underneath them.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sure is going to be an interesting 17 weeks, especially if Prosise has fully recovered from prior injuries and avoids any new major injuries for most of the season and can contribute in the postseason. If so, it will seem like getting a bonus playmaking player out of nowhere despite the fact he was selected in the 2016 draft. I sense this is one of Pete Carroll's topmost wishes for the 2019 season because of Prosise's penchant for being a difference-maker on the field.

On D, one of my top wishes is for Ansah to be legitimately fully recovered from shoulder surgery. Such surgeries can be frustratingly difficult to recover from, and now he needs to use it again to hit players. If he's recovered enough to be at least 90% of what he was prior to the injury, that will easily help make this season all the more intriguing.