2019 Breakout Player

QuahHawk

Reaction score
It takes a cohesive team to make a deep playoff run. It also takes a talented team and usually a few surprises along the way.

This year we are an underdog and will be making a playoff run. Who are the unexpected stars that will show up that lead us during this run?

I am tied to Jaren Reed turing into an All Pro this year. We need him to be "the man" and wreak havoc. Our Defense will only be as good as Our DL.

Who is your Break out?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Penny. I just have a good feeling about the kid in his sophomore year. He's dropped some pounds and sure is saying all the right things. As long as Carson remains healthy, he's our #1 horse but make no mistake, Penny is motivated to prove his rookie season was a fluke.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Offense - With the competition at WR, Jaron Brown gets more opportunities and makes the most of them.

Defense - Poona Ford.

Chawker

Reaction score
We are going to have to have a few players stepping up this year but, our big run, I don't think it will come until next season. Its always fun to see the younger guys getting better as the year progress. Keep your eye Dizzly. :0190l:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2bk3nnkf said:
Penny. I just have a good feeling about the kid in his sophomore year. He's dropped some pounds and sure is saying all the right things. As long as Carson remains healthy, he's our #1 horse but make no mistake, Penny is motivated to prove his rookie season was a fluke.

Penny as well.

xray

Reaction score
Brown on offense
Ford on defense

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm picking CJ Procise. I say he breaks out of physical therapy and makes it to the unemployment office unscathed. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tre Flowers for me, he had a fantastic rookie year, and has all the signs of being our next great corner..........and unfortunately I don't see Griffin bouncing back and solidifying the #1DB role.

I can see Flowers taking over that role this year, and Griffin moving back to the right side. Which may not be a bad thing, he played well there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
On offense, Penny, Lockett and if healthy, Will Dissly.

On defense, Shaquill Griffin will return to form, Tre Flowers, Mychal Kendricks and Jacob Martin.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Rat

Reaction score
Amara Darboh. We're going to consider ourselves very, very lucky that he didn't pass that physical with the Patriots.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sh77j5p said:
Seymour":1sh77j5p said:

I hope you're right, this offense desperately needs Dissly to take over the primary TE role. Another year of Dickson and Vannett is no bueno for our passing game.

Also we have a 2019 out on Dickson's contract if we cut him before the season starts. So that'd be a 3.6M savings I think.

Given the opportunity present for Dissly, that is exactly why I'm giving him the nod. If Dissly steps up and Fant progresses as part of our power package, I see Dickson as potentially expendable also. :2thumbs:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":28fc9m92 said:
I'm picking CJ Procise. I say he breaks out of physical therapy and makes it to the unemployment office unscathed. :twisted:

Absolutely not. CJ Procise will be put on season-ending IR on the first day of training camp when he gets a papercut from the play book.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to go with Jacob Martin. I think he's just screaming breakout player. I could see him with 11+ sacks and 4+ forced fumbles.