The Unapologetic, Exigent 2019 Uniform Thread

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Don’t college teams often have, like, a different helmet every game?

It hasn’t quite reached that level yet. But yes, many college teams do have multple helmet sets, because the NCAA hasn’t adopted a rule similar to the NFL’s.

Why not?

The NCAA apparently doesn’t feel the break-in period for a new helmet is such a big concern.

So is the NCAA putting players at risk, or is the NFL being over-cautious?

I’m not a neuroscientist, so I’m not in a position to answer that question. In 2013, not long after the NFL rule was announced, I interviewed a bunch of NCAA equipment managers from schools with multiple helmet sets, and they all said they feel like they’re doing a good job of protecting their players (although that’s pretty much what you’d expect them to say). I also interviewed an NFL equipment manager, who had a lot of interesting things to say about the NFL rule. I recommend that you read both of those pieces.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-helmets

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/969 ... fl-helmets
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• If they can wrap up a vehicle with any advertisement they should be able to do a helmet for one game.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Aros wrote:Good link Bruce, thanks for sharing that. I still am of the opinion that this league could certainly afford to offer two helmets per player. One that is the regular, current helmet design and one that is the "retro/alternate" design. I am not sure why that remains to be so complicated? Both helmets are identical in every fashion except for the paint job.

:229031_shrug:

But what if?

What if we were forced by rule to use our “alternate” logo?

That would suck Donkey Balls.

Be very Careful what you wish for.

Retro yes
    Alternate no

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• chris98251 wrote:If they can wrap up a vehicle with any advertisement they should be able to do a helmet for one game.

It’s already been established.
    Complete vinyl wrap makes it too difficult to detect damage that may render the protective property of the helmet useless.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Damn you Lon, seeing that gross alternate logo made me throw up a little in my mouth.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• An alternate logo and paint scheme for each team has absolutely zero bearing on player safety. They can't provide another color to wear because of safety? They already have 32 distinct variants and call those safe. Allowing additional colors poses zero threat to player safety. This is asinine. Make the throwback helmets happen, NFL.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Previous

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information