The Unapologetic, Exigent 2019 Uniform Thread

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • You know you missed it. Let's dispense with the formalities and get down to it.

So what needs to change? Anything? Additions, subtractions? Let's hear it.

:2thumbs:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Either go back to the retros or keep the current ones & simply add the Hawk logo to the sleeves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Remove the all green eye killers and replace with an alternate that pays homage to a throwback without going all the way there. Basically what they should have done in 2002 instead of the blueberries.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• An actual uniform with a....wait for it...….SEAHAWK LOGO. Imagine that. And get rid of the radioactive green crap :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Double down on the Seahawk logo on the sleeves!! Or at least SOMEWHERE on the jersey for cryin' out loud!

I still love our current uniforms and Osprey how dare you bring up the Blueberries! Those things still make me want to wretch, lol. Gun Metal Blue?? More like Gun Metal PUKE! :pukeface:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Keep the current logo and overall design but bring back the classic colors.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• You know it's the offseason for sure when uniform threads appear.

I like the present uniform.

I wish the league would approve a throw back uniform to the original and still great uniform. I'd also like to see silver pants worn with the Wolf Grey road uni.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I still think it's completely short-sighted that the league won't allow us to play in our throwbacks - complete with silver helmets - once or twice a season. The whole safety thing in regards to helmets is just stupid. You mean this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise can't manufacture safe alternate helmets for every player?

Please.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sorry, but I like the green .
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• The throwback uni's were terrible! A cheaper version of the Cowboy's uni's.

The lime green accents make the blue uni stand out!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Add the logo, keep the green. I don't get the hate for it.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I've said since the redesign, I'd like them to go to a two-tone helmet. Keep the blue feathering triangular stripe down the middle, but switch the sides of the helmet so that the logo is on a wolf gray background. I like the old silver helmets, but Nike doesn't seem to like metallic finishes, so wolf gray would at least tie back to the team's color scheme, and gray is essentially dull silver.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I predicted this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Arrrrgghhhhhhhhh!

Arrrrggghhhhhhhhh!

:x
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• chris98251 wrote:I predicted this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You planted the seed!
    Arrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Get rid of the Nike logo and replace with Seahawks logo...or bring back the retros
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Predicting a uniform thread in the offseason is like predicting rain in Seattle. No a matter of "if" but of "when."

:laugh:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Get rid of the awful, PGA patch with the 12 flag on it and make PGA a permanent fixture on the jerseys like the Bears and Lions. Maybe on the other side opposite the "Seahawks" or find a place on the sleeve.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I predicted this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Predicting a uniform thread in the offseason is like predicting rain in Seattle. No a matter of "if" but of "when."

:laugh:

This is true, but now I can use it in every thread like some and say I am a accurate forecaster of things to come. :P

Also I want the current design on Silver Helmets or maybe that Gray color I have seen that's more modern but would simulate the old school.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

I did it just for you big boy. :P
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I like the green and, more importantly, women like the green, and I like women.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• KiwiHawk wrote:I like the green and, more importantly, women like the green, and I like women.

Annnnnd thread winner.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Do you remember Bobby Wagner asking for a black uniform with the lime green, my two favorite colors. We would look real mean. Bwags has an eye for greatness, and we should fallow. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:I still think it's completely short-sighted that the league won't allow us to play in our throwbacks - complete with silver helmets - once or twice a season. The whole safety thing in regards to helmets is just stupid. You mean this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise can't manufacture safe alternate helmets for every player?

Please.

Tampa Bay does theirs every season. No reason whatsoever why we can’t do the same.

It needs to happen yesterday .
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• +1 for the silver toppers.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• THE TABS wrote:
    Aros wrote:I still think it's completely short-sighted that the league won't allow us to play in our throwbacks - complete with silver helmets - once or twice a season. The whole safety thing in regards to helmets is just stupid. You mean this multi-BILLION dollar enterprise can't manufacture safe alternate helmets for every player?

Please.

Tampa Bay does theirs every season. No reason whatsoever why we can’t do the same.

It needs to happen yesterday .

No they don't. They haven't done it since 2012 since the rule change.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Correct, no team has been allowed to have two completely different helmets per season in years.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Correct, no team has been allowed to have two completely different helmets per season in years.

What do teams do about equipment failure during a game? Are there backup helmets or is the player unable to retake the field until it's repaired?

Seems silly that a team isn't allowed to willing foot the bill for a secondary helmet customized to the players specifications. Plenty of technology available to ensure it's done right.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Osprey wrote:
    Aros wrote:Correct, no team has been allowed to have two completely different helmets per season in years.

What do teams do about equipment failure during a game? Are there backup helmets or is the player unable to retake the field until it's repaired?

Seems silly that a team isn't allowed to willing foot the bill for a secondary helmet customized to the players specifications. Plenty of technology available to ensure it's done right.

That's what makes it so dumb. If you check the auction site on .com during the season, there are game worn helmets on it all the time. So guys changing helmets during the season is absolutely a thing.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• The real mystery is this would be a bona-fide revenue stream. Introducing alternate/retro helmets would clearly stimulate a market for said helmets (replica and authentic) in the merch sector. Just make the same safe helmet for each player but it's painted in the retro colors with retro logo. Why is this such a difficult thing for a multi-billion dollar entity to do?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Lots of college teams use several different helmets, especially the larger programs. Have they actually looked into whether there's actually a higher frequency of head injuries in college?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• KiwiHawk wrote:I like the green and, more importantly, women like the green, and I like women.

Excellent point sir! I agree.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Found these rummaging around my archives...
    Attachments
    helmets.jpg
    helmets.jpg (410.1 KiB) Viewed 506 times
    hawks2012.jpg
    hawks2012.jpg (793.68 KiB) Viewed 506 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• That bottom pic is sweeeeeeeeet. I would drool over those. heck I drool anyway so.....

Except dudes calves look like a pidgeon's.

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• DomeHawk wrote:The throwback uni's were terrible! A cheaper version of the Cowboy's uni's.

The lime green accents make the blue uni stand out!

Get the hell outa here, nothing would look more beautiful than this.

Lime green? C'mon man. Terrible. Nothing is LESS timeless, clean and classic than neon anything.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Those are so sweet. TRUE Seahawks colors. None of this radioactive crap.
    Also, the ones that Largent put up, damn those are sweet.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• FIFY Sgt...(That render had a bit too purply hue to it)...
    Attachments
    HviBpYt.jpg
    HviBpYt.jpg (424.15 KiB) Viewed 487 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Largent80 wrote:Image

This explains a lot.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yes it does. You will Never achieve the awesomeness of this.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Confused by the helmet rule, seems the bears will wear a throwback with a different helmet this year.
    Attachments
    5792BB0B-EA7E-49DE-BBDE-643E27130454.jpeg
    5792BB0B-EA7E-49DE-BBDE-643E27130454.jpeg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 394 times
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie

• new rule, those who dont like the silver helmets shouldnt be allowed to post
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Their helmet color stays the same just different Decals, much like the Packers removing their G.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I like them Orlando Thunder ass uniforms.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Seanhawk wrote:Lots of college teams use several different helmets, especially the larger programs. Have they actually looked into whether there's actually a higher frequency of head injuries in college?

The fact is, it was a hollow, empty gesture the NFL made that had no affect on safety that they hoped would stop people from complaining because executives, in pretty much any field, generally think people are idiots.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Any "new or alternate" helmet you see any team in the NFL adorn this year or beyond (until they change the stupid rule) are simply decals over their existing helmets.

Using the Seahawks as an example, I would suppose, if it was desired by the Powers That Be, a decal wrap could work where the silver base is actually part of the decal wrap itself. I have no idea what the practicality would be but it would be a potential option worth exploring until the NFL pulls their heads out.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Why not wrap the helmets in colored vinyl? I’ve seen that done with cars, and it looks great!

Full-cover wraps are impractical and unsafe, because they make it hard to see if a helmet has been damaged.

Trust me, if there were an easy solution, they would have done it by now. Most equipment managers, who know a lot more about helmets than you or I, want to solve this problem, and I can assure you that they’ve gone through all of the obvious (and many not-so-obvious) approaches to it. If they haven’t come up with a solution, it’s because no good solution is available, at least for now.

With all the advances in helmet technology that we keep hearing about, is there a chance that the NFL might drop the rule?

Sure. But for now they’re sticking with it.

Didn’t a team recently try to get the rule changed?

Yes. At the owners’ meetings that took place in Phoenix in March of 2017, the Eagles proposed a rule change to allow teams to have an alternate helmet, which would have effectively killed the one-shell rule. But they later withdrew the proposal after team owner Jeffrey Lurie was told that it didn’t have enough support to pass.

I hate this rule! There are all sorts of great throwbacks (Pat Patriot, Bucco Bruce, etc.) that we don’t get to see anymore. Don’t they realize that they’re ruining throwbacks? And think of all the extra merchandise they could sell!

It’s funny — people often complain that the NFL trots out throwbacks and alternates just as a way to sell merchandise. But when the league does something in the name of safety — something that actually cuts down on the amount of merchandise, because it eliminates the possibility of certain throwback designs — people complain about that too.

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Good link Bruce, thanks for sharing that. I still am of the opinion that this league could certainly afford to offer two helmets per player. One that is the regular, current helmet design and one that is the "retro/alternate" design. I am not sure why that remains to be so complicated? Both helmets are identical in every fashion except for the paint job.

:229031_shrug:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Next

It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information