State of the Franchise - Nice Write-up on the Seahawks

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...DPRG2iCcDeftFh8NkFKjUwKd_lVvHqoFVduN9cos4W_tI

Don't Sleep On These Guys

SeahawksLose2019.jpg

For a team that has won as much as they have recently, the Seahawks sure do seem to sort of fly under the radar, as teams like the Rams get all of the attention. Let them have their moment. But make no mistake, the Seahawks need to be taken seriously as a Super Bowl contender.

USATSI 10483824 copy

2019 breakout star: Tre Flowers, cornerback. The 2018 fifth-round pick was really good against short-yardage throws; he allowed a passer rating of 51.4 on short yardage, the second-lowest total in the league, according to Pro Football Focus. He's going to be the leader of the reformed Legion of Boom.

Carson.jpg

One storyline people are overlooking: Chris Carson was pretty great last year. The Seahawks drafted Rashaad Penny out of San Diego State in the first round of last year's draft, so you would think the team would have had huge plans for him. But Carroll doesn't let draft pedigree dictate usage; everyone needs to compete. Carson, a seventh-round pick in 2017, ended up rushing for 1,151 yards and nine touchdowns on 247 carries, while Penny tallied 85 attempts and just 419 yards. What's most impressive: Carson gained 831 yards after contact, fifth most among running backs last season, according to PFF.

Tyler lockett celebration

I don't think they did much original thinking regarding the Offensive Line. I think they will be pretty good this year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I could see a scenario where the NFC West is like it was the year Seattle won the Super Bowl, where the two best teams are in that division. I expect regression from the NFC North, I'm never impressed with the NFC East, and the outside of the Saints in the NFC South, I don't see much there to be worried about.

toffee

Reaction score
Didn't know Flowers were that good in short yardage situations.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":37h3sock said:

Need to quit reading the Fantasy Posters posts as gospel, Flowers held up very well while learning on the fly, reading deep ball patterns and getting the bump and run technique down is where he now has to work.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Jazz!

Lots of hopeful thinking, and a positive look at the team and it’s prospects.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":16nngspb said:
toffee":16nngspb said:

Need to quit reading the Fantasy Posters posts as gospel, Flowers held up very well while learning on the fly, reading deep ball patterns and getting the bump and run technique down is where he now has to work.

And really, we saw flashes of him executing this perfectly last year. So it's more about consistency and recognition. The latter should be expected to come this year as there is less thinking going on and more seeing.

I'm more or less assuming that this improvement is a given. I'm more interested in seeing if he can elevate his game in terms of playing and taking away the ball. That's what differentiates the good from the great. I'm pretty much assuming he's going to be good after this second training camp.

chris98251

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":6jabf94k said:
chris98251":6jabf94k said:
toffee":6jabf94k said:

And really, we saw flashes of him executing this perfectly last year. So it's more about consistency and recognition. The latter should be expected to come this year as there is less thinking going on and more seeing.

I'm more or less assuming that this improvement is a given. I'm more interested in seeing if he can elevate his game in terms of playing and taking away the ball. That's what differentiates the good from the great. I'm pretty much assuming he's going to be good after this second training camp.

Which is another step on the learning curve, Safeties usually are facing the line of scrimmage and see the ball coming right away, as a CB when you turning and running and not play face up Zone you have to read the receiver and then react and locate the ball and then catch it if it's there to catch. That's what he has to learn read, react, locate and catch.