John Clayton’s observations from the Seahawks’ first open OT

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • John Clayton’s observations from the Seahawks’ first open OTA practice

    By John Clayton
    May 21, 2019 at 11:48 pm

    • Running back Chris Carson is out a couple of weeks recovering from a knee procedure. Rashaad Penny worked as the starter and had a couple of nice runs. What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a sixth-round choice, and J.D. McKissic. That should be a great training camp battle.

    • Tyler Lockett got some work in the slot but he worked just about every spot at wide receiver. With the retirement of Doug Baldwin, Lockett gave the look of a player ready to be considered a No. 1 receiver.

    http://sports.mynorthwest.com/646667/jo ... -ota-2019/
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 19241
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Why do these players wait so long to get procedures done? :229031_banghead:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4735
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:27 pm


  • C.J. Prosise was injured when Clayton pressed the Submit button.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 17136
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am


  • Seahwkgal wrote:Why do these players wait so long to get procedures done? :229031_banghead:


    All Pete said was Carson "had a little work done on his knee in the off season."

    So do we know when it was done? I don't think it was last week, I think this is something that was done months ago and Pete's just being cautious. No reason to rush any vet back from surgery in May.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15915
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Last year, the news of Tyler Lockett's contract extension on August 29, 2018 came as a great relief.

    This year, the news of Doug Baldwin's retirement further reinforced the wisdom of Tyler Lockett's 2018 contract extension.

    I really enjoy watching our front office work.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9146
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


  • Thanks for the link!

    :2thumbs:

    :snack:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17195
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • "Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9406
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:19 am
    Location: Alexandria, Virginia


  • Not liking that he didn't comment on DK Metcaf.
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 911
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:42 am
    Location: New Jersey


  • FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.


    LOL! I saw that too! John's getting old and he's using that wrong name all the time now, it's hilarious. I think it's fun to listen to because I know who he's talking about.

    One of my favorites "drops" they use on 710 is John Clayton trying to talk while coughing up a lung. :D
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 19241
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • ivotuk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.


    LOL! I saw that too! John's getting old and he's using that wrong name all the time now, it's hilarious. I think it's fun to listen to because I know who he's talking about.

    One of my favorites "drops" they use on 710 is John Clayton trying to talk while coughing up a lung. :D


    Clayton also has lots of names to remember, it was a slip, could have happen to all of us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1993
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • toffee wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.


    LOL! I saw that too! John's getting old and he's using that wrong name all the time now, it's hilarious. I think it's fun to listen to because I know who he's talking about.

    One of my favorites "drops" they use on 710 is John Clayton trying to talk while coughing up a lung. :D


    Clayton also has lots of names to remember, it was a slip, could have happen to all of us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Thanks for the reminder, John.
    bloodkingg
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 pm
    Location: PNW


  • FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.

    I fixed it for Clayton's sake.
    What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a 78 year-old two time pro bowler
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2213
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.


    I noticed he made that same mistake on the radio right after we drafted him.. kinda weird lol
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4117
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


  • knownone wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.

    I fixed it for Clayton's sake.
    What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a 78 year-old two time pro bowler


    Haha - nice. Runs the forty in 13.5.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 9406
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:19 am
    Location: Alexandria, Virginia


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:"Homer Jones"?

    I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.

    I fixed it for Clayton's sake.
    What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a 78 year-old two time pro bowler


    Haha - nice. Runs the forty in 13.5.


    OMG, this is getting out of hand post-draft.
    Anyway, as I pointed out in the Poona thread, Poona Ford is a lock for Canton. Iron sharpens iron, run-stuffing Poona battling it out to stop Homer Jones day in and day out in practice. Both will be all-pro this year. Can't believe Homer Jones fell to us in the draft!! What luck! Amazing 40 time, but does anyone know Homer's Wonderlic? And will he need special accommodations like hearing aids? Maybe a special Depends (R) insert pocket in his uniform pants?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2610
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am




It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information