]NBC Spots are saying Seahawks could win Our division!!!

toffee

Reaction score
On one hand:
Other than not having Frank Clark, Sweezy, and angry Doug playing hurt, any reason to think Hawks ‘19 is not as good as ‘18?

On the other hand:
Is the ‘19 Lambs as good as ‘18?

The dark horse is the 9ers, will GQ finally live up to his billing? GQ ‘18 sure wasn’t as exciting as GQ ‘17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maulbert

Reaction score
toffee":2a70dv24 said:
On one hand:
Other than not having Frank Clark, Sweezy, and angry Doug playing hurt, any reason to think Hawks ‘19 is not as good as ‘18?

On the other hand:

The dark horse is the 9ers, will GQ finally live up to his billing? GQ ‘18 sure wasn’t as exciting as GQ ‘17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, GQ has made Tony Romo look like Brett Favre.

olyfan63

Reaction score
toffee":ifedlv97 said:
On one hand:

On the other hand:

It was great to have Sweezy back for a year in '18, but in '19 we are younger, deeper, and better at O-Line this year with the return of a healthy Jordan Simmons and a healthy Jamarco Jones. Among others. The rookie G we got has a shot to be decent as a rook. And a second year of actual *good* coaching from Mike Solari.

We will absolutely miss Angry Doug. Eager to see how 'Hawks will compensate for that huge loss in the receiving corps.
I do think the Offense will be even better overall, with the second year of Schotty and Solari, and Russell continuing to fully embrace Schotty's scheme and Schotty knowing better how to work to Russell's strengths.

We'll miss Clark too. Helluva player. Even so, I do think our defense will be better overall. Even if we don't get Ziggy in the lineup until a month or two into the season. Our young DL talent will continue to improve, along with our young secondary talent. We'll be better against the run, with a deeper rotation.

We'll do better at stopping the Rams offense now that Chicago and New England have given us a template. Pete has been studying those tapes for months now. Not to mention there are some question marks for Todd Gurley's health. I see the Rams dropping a couple more games this year, including at least one to us. Will it be enough to win the division? Well, nothing's been proven on the field yet. I do believe the division will at least be *competitive* this year, with the 'Hawks in position to win it during the last couple weeks of the season, where last year the Rams ran away with it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The schedule this season doesn't do us any favors; we lost 0.7 wins after I updated my simulation with the new schedule. We're now at 9.1 wins AVG, 33% odds for the division, 18% odds for a bye, and 19% odds for a wild card.

We have a couple of tough home games (Saints, Rams on 4 days rest Thursday night after a road game), some 10 AM EST road games against solid competition (Steelers, Falcons, Panthers), and our road game against the Rams is 6 days after MNF vs. the Vikings.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We played right to the level of every division rival last year, including the Rams. It's finishing that this team needs to learn to do again.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2jndsuc2 said:
We played right to the level of every division rival last year, including the Rams. It's finishing that this team needs to learn to do again.

Yep -- not just playing to the level, but the finishing. That is the biggest difference between the current roster and our Super Bowl teams.

Experience will help.