5/21 OTA : Wagner, Wilson, Carroll (video & transcripts)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Jville! You're on it man! Where do you find everything Seahawks related? Right here! :irishdrinkers:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Am I reading too much into Carroll’s remarks about Nazair Jones having “a little bit of a tender knee”, or does it sound like the Seahawks have Jones on the trading block.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Starter

• CalgaryHawk wrote:Am I reading too much into Carroll’s remarks about Nazair Jones having “a little bit of a tender knee”, or does it sound like the Seahawks have Jones on the trading block.

Why would they say he's injured if they were trying to trade him? Isn't that a bit counter-productive?
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• I think there's something up with Nazair. He's got some talent, but just hasn't played that much. Wonder if it's because of an attitude problem, or a wonky knee?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Didn't Jones have a condition where he had to learn to walk again or something? Whatever it was, maybe it's not entirely gone?
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Oh-oh....just watched Bobby Wagner’s press conference. He said he wants CJ Mosley money.

That’s a 5 YR, 85MIL contract with 51MIL guaranteed.

That’s more inline for a 2nd contract when a players in his prime, not for a player who’s 30 and will see his play decline.

Not to a Debbie Downer, but I can see why the Hawks drafted Barton and BBK.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

• If you were Bobby would you take less than Mosley? Nope.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Greg Bell publishes his thoughts about 5/21 here >>> https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article230684954.html

Leo pass rush names mentioned ... Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, Shaquem Griffin and Ziggy Ansah who is currently held out while covering from injury. With Jacob Martin needing to find a way to keep his weight up and an undersized Shawquem Griffin in the mix, Leo could become very entertaining in this year's training camp and preseason.

The Seahawks believe Griffin having a less-cluttered mind with fewer responsibilities may get him back to being the zooming hitter he was in college. We’ll see, beginning in training camp and throughout August.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... rylink=cpy
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• It's definitely not a good sign, but I also wouldn't expect anything less. What he wants and what he gets are two different things. His die is largely cast with what the franchise tag is over the next couple years because realistically he's not playing at a high level for more than 3 seasons.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Wagner
Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 pm
  • I guess everyone who wants Seattle to sign McCoy is gonna have to wait. During Wagner's OTA media conference he wants a new contract before the season starts, and he wants to make more than CJ Mosley. Seattle only has 25 mil in Cap space and Wagner is gonna get at least 18 mil. That leave about 7 mil left with one more rookie to sign. I don't think McCoy is signing here at all. Seattle has to pay Bobby they have to.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

• Why was Russ getting bashed like he was Satan and being called selfish? Yet nobody bats an eye when Wags makes it known he's not playing past this season unless he gets a contract. Hmmm.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• iigakusei wrote:If you were Bobby would you take less than Mosley? Nope.

Their GM got fired within 2 months of doing that contract. :177692:

1 bad contract does not set the market for any smart team. Wagner should take an equal deal at best IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I would like to see Wagner become the highest paid middle linebacker in football, because he has earned that. Ideally it is with the Seahawks. Since Patrick Willis retired the gulf between Wagner/Kuechly at the top and the rest of the players at their position has seemed very vast.

Cody Barton is certainly an intriguing hedge though.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information