Kurt warner says Wilson isn't a top 5 qb. Seattle times

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • As a 12, I am proud to have a franchise QB that can make all the throws accurately, poise under extreme pressure, Ironman like durability, never throw teammates under bus, willingly to do above and beyond to the tune of being 1 ball carrier. Is my Franchise QB on Warner’s top five? Don’t really care.

    When the going gets really tough, think collapsing OL, sub par running, would those teams that got the ‘top 5’ rather have Wilson? I don’t know. But I do know that under those conditions, HOF Warner would be carried out of the game and done for the season. That I know and no doubt about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1825
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • rjdriver wrote:I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

    I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)


    Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
    Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
    Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
    Breese Ditto.
    Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6804
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

    I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)


    Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
    Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
    Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
    Breese Ditto.
    Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.

    :0190l: :179422: :0190l: :177692:
    DB was playing last season btw..
    He had a D..RO and Beast during the deep playoff runs.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4544
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

    I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)


    Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
    Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
    Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
    Breese Ditto.
    Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.

    :0190l: :179422: :0190l: :177692:
    DB was playing last season btw..
    He had a D..RO and Beast during the deep playoff runs.

    DB indeed played last year, but was playing HURT, so was no where near as productive as in the past.
    The 'D' was without even a hint of the LOB, No all pro Richard Sherman, No Thomas, No Chancellor, & No Bennett on the line.
    As good as Carson was, he was not THE "Beast" in his prime, but yeah, Russell Wilson was still kicking ass and taking names last season.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6804
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Yay! List season is upon us. Clickbaiters beware.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2263
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

    I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)


    Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
    Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
    Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
    Breese Ditto.
    Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.



    More importantly, the Patriots are in the worst division in the NFL. Been that way since B&B teamed up. It's less to do with having a team with the worst record than it's the fact none of the teams are really a threat to make the playoffs. Add that Bill is the best or close to best single game coach and you have a team built to coast to the Playoffs every year (likely with home field). That leaves Bill only a few games to have to deal with.

    Look at the NFC West since B&B have been in place. Every team has gone to the Superbowl. That's what competition over time looks like.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 918
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:22 am


  • lobohawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rjdriver wrote:I actually respect Warner and enjoy his commentary and analysis. I disagree with him, but it’s not like the five guys he puts above Wilson are bums. While some may argue that he is not top five league wide, he is absolutely top 2 for this particular offense. I can’t think of one QB that would have been able to deal with some of the offensive scheme issues that Wilson has had to deal with the past few years.

    I agree that clearly Kurt Warner has never disrespected Wilson, it’s just his opinion. I am confident he will have Wilson back in his top 5 next year. In my opinion., he’s not even in the top 1 of “Kurt” Warners that have played in this league ;)


    Brady gets top billing, BUT, he's also had some top of the heap TE, & Receivers, and NEVER an atrocious O-Line that left him with his ass out in the wind...Billycheat would have shit-canned the Coaches that Wilson has had to endure, so ALL THINGS IF THEY WERE EVEN-STEVEN, Wilson is every bit as good as Brandy.
    Mahomes has displayed some special play, & seems to have all the right stuff to be considered in the upper echelon, BUT, he hasn't played but one season in the NFL, so I don't think he should be anointed Top Five ...YET.
    Rodgers is top 5, no argument there.
    Breese Ditto.
    Ponder on this folks. Wilson had Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell Offenses leading the way, Now, considering that undrafted Doug Baldwin was his ONLY steady teammate, for the whole time that that he's been a Seahawk, and he's still keeping the Seahawks in contention....Don't give me the "He had a top Defense, and that's the only reason he's had so much success", when in fact, the LOB wasn't out there last season, and without his favorite target (DB) he still led the Seahawks to the playoffs......He's Top Five if not Top Three, W/O a shred of doubt.



    More importantly, the Patriots are in the worst division in the NFL. Been that way since B&B teamed up. It's less to do with having a team with the worst record than it's the fact none of the teams are really a threat to make the playoffs. Add that Bill is the best or close to best single game coach and you have a team built to coast to the Playoffs every year (likely with home field). That leaves Bill only a few games to have to deal with.

    Look at the NFC West since B&B have been in place. Every team has gone to the Superbowl. That's what competition over time looks like.

    100% :2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6804
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.


    I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

    Compare tangibles all you want, you can't discount seven more years and cheap.


    I'd agree with that. I also like Mahomes' attitude and I think attitude and intangibles really separate the elite QB's from the good or even great ones.

    The only umbrage I'd take on Warner's take is Big Ben. I know he had a lot of yards but it still didn't get the Steelers to the playoffs, he threw more bad INT's last year and he threw people under the bus publicly when he did it. He wasn't a good leader last year.

    Russ had a better year AND has better intangibles. Answer this: who would you rather have under center in the 4th quarter, Big Ben or Russ ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7498
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 pm


  • Hawks46 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:For me, this subject is simple: Which of the current QBs would you immediately replace Wilson with, a straight-across trade, if any QB was fair game?.


    I think a LOT of fans, including a lot of Hawk fans would trade Russell for Mahomes...........if for no other reason than we get Mahomes for seven extra years and rookie contract for two more years.

    Compare tangibles all you want, you can't discount seven more years and cheap.


    I'd agree with that. I also like Mahomes' attitude and I think attitude and intangibles really separate the elite QB's from the good or even great ones.

    The only umbrage I'd take on Warner's take is Big Ben. I know he had a lot of yards but it still didn't get the Steelers to the playoffs, he threw more bad INT's last year and he threw people under the bus publicly when he did it. He wasn't a good leader last year.

    Russ had a better year AND has better intangibles. Answer this: who would you rather have under center in the 4th quarter, Big Ben or Russ ?



    Yeah I would be UN willing right now to do it for Mahomes till I see him do it another year or 2, and with less talent and in our type of system. You never know what playing in our system might do to the way he plays. Also, as to pay yer you get him for 2 years cheap, then if he is performing you will pay even more for him then you just paid for Wilson. The only real reason to do it would be the 2 years of a rookie deal, however if he has starts playing not as well since there is film on him, and he is on a different team, playing a different system with less talent you are screwed.

    I think a lot of people don't take into account the system, and lack of talent, at least on the oline and wr with regards to passing we really have. I mean I love Locket and Baldwin but on most passing teams they are at best #2s. So not sure its a gamble.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 595
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


Previous


It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online