XLIX on NFL Network

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
XLIX on NFL Network
Sun May 19, 2019 5:37 pm
  • It’s on right now. Can’t watch it. I will not watch the end. Flipped over a couple of times and the few plays I’ve seen the Seahawks looked dominant and in control. 4th quarter just started. 24-14 lead. So sad. Should have been a win. 10 point lead at the start of the 4th but all anyone remembers is one damn play. Sorry for the painful reminder. Maybe this can be viewed as a warning to stay off NFL network for the next hour.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Re: XLIX on NFL Network
Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 pm
  • Grumpy cat is dead and says why did you post this?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 19, 2019 6:19 pm
  • Sorry. Where else to turn in my time of despair?
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm
  • Lifetime ban for the OP!!!!!
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun May 19, 2019 7:43 pm
  • Great game. I have watched it several times.

The key is turning it off after Kearse's ridiculous circus catch. In my world, we win the game right after. Don't let the nightmare of that fateful play cloud the fact that it was one of the most entertaining games in Super Bowl history.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun May 19, 2019 9:08 pm
  • Cannot and will not watch that game or XL* ever again. Both those games piss me off for obviously different reasons.

XLVIII on the other hand I’ve seen about 200 times. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:It’s on right now. Can’t watch it. I will not watch the end. Flipped over a couple of times and the few plays I’ve seen the Seahawks looked dominant and in control. 4th quarter just started. 24-14 lead. So sad. Should have been a win. 10 point lead at the start of the 4th but all anyone remembers is one damn play. Sorry for the painful reminder. Maybe this can be viewed as a warning to stay off NFL network for the next hour.

I saw this $h!t on a Delta flight today. I ordered 2 bottles of tequila.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2019 6:29 am
  • U-Verse dropped the NFL network a few weeks ago so I can’t be compelled to watch it again.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am
  • I haven't re-watched XLIX even once; watched it live, and that's that. I'm not over Bevell's stupidity yet.

It may take us winning another Lombardi before I can go back and watch XLIX again...or at least another couple of years of separation.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue May 21, 2019 6:42 am
  • Aros wrote:Great game. I have watched it several times.

The key is turning it off after Kearse's ridiculous circus catch. In my world, we win the game right after. Don't let the nightmare of that fateful play cloud the fact that it was one of the most entertaining games in Super Bowl history.

Agreed it was one of the best ever and I've watched it a couple of times. I just turn it off before the play and visualize they gave it to 24 who gets in for the win. The injury to Lane and Avril were such a huge factor. Sherman also played with one arm. Tharold Simon sucked as he always did although I remember people here loving him before this game. Chris Matthew's looked like he was going to get 10 million a year after that game and Wilson was lights out. As good as a catch Kearse made that drop on a catch he should of made which would of resulted in more pts and enough to win that game was a huge factor in the loss as well. Regardless this team should of had back to back wins and maybe enough left in the tank for a 3rd. As I guessed back then the team never recovered and this outcome was the biggest reason why this team in essence imploded. Like I said I look forward to the 30 for 30 episode about it in a few years. All we are left with is what could of been....
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 21, 2019 6:47 am
  • https://youtu.be/A2Z7g1q3JwQ

This will cheer you up. I look back at this game now and man our team seemed stacked in all facets. Denver was doomed from the get go and I think they underestimated what they were up against. I watched this and the sound fx the other night....although it looks like the fx was taken down.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 am
  • If was such a great game. If the Hawks had won, I would have watched it 100 times. It is a shame it ended the way it did.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 am
  • Incredible game. I saw it in person, no need to go back and watch it again. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, the D blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. They didn't lose that game on one play. TEAM loss.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am
  • Tom Brady has the Football Gods to thank for one of his 6 rings due to the L*O*B looking more like M*A*S*H.

If the LOB was as healthy as they were in XLVIII XLIX would have been another route.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information