• Inability to adapt in game time

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • Game plan

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

DomeHawk

Coming into the draft I, like many here, thought our biggest needs were DE and WR. It seemed pretty obvious but it got me to thinking about what our biggest issue is going into this season. Don’t get me wrong, I am not so naïve as to think it isn't a multi-faceted question but if you had to pick just one (or two) areas what would it be? Feel free to include your own as I am sure I am forgetting something.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The LOB was a boon for our D-line in getting coverage-sacks and pressures. I know they feed off of each other, but it is my hope that the D-backs give the line time to harass opposing QBs. Last year, that was not the case. So while I checked CBs, I really mean DBs covering man or zone as a whole (thus not "safety" exactly).

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think they know offensive play calling needs to be less predictable and have to open Russ up more than they did. I hope DK can become a stretch the field 2-3 times a game player.

I'm gonna go with pass defense. Tre looked good but still raw, Shaq took a big step backwards. McDougald is solid but other safety is a question mark right now. For Pete's style they gave up far too many big plays with a defensive scheme meant to limit those and often came off of blown coverage.

mrt144

Reaction score
Aggregate? Greenness of our D.
Specific instance? The brittleness of our offense.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Since I have no faith that Ansah will stay healthy, I'm still concerned about the pass rush.
In today's league getting guys in the QB's face is all you can do to defend these offenses since DB's are just damage mitigators rather than playmakers with all these rules. It'll be worse with the DPI review process. All those subtle arm bars are going to get called.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the inability to adapt may just have been overtaken by "inexperience".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Before the draft I thought the biggest issue was D-line, and I still think it's D-line.

Not because I'm not excited about Collier and Ansah, but because Ansah is still a question mark to start the season, which means without him producing like we hope there's still HUGE question marks on the pass rush. Do we trust guys like Jefferson, Martin, Green and Marsh? I don't yet.

On paper our D-line depth looks better than last year, but playmaking/sack ability is TBD.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Safety play. We have 2 good CBs, but that deep safety needs to make life easier for them, and thus, for the DLine.

chris98251

Reaction score
I will go with attitude and demeanor, we need to get back to punish them type playing, yeah it's a edge to walk on the penalty side but it's a mentality as well. Lynch had it on our offense as did Doug, and the LOB on defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
Make in game adjustments expediently. Don't mess around with "ideas" like the first 2 games last year where this new supposed "running team" tried to pass and couldn't.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People are gonna gripe about Schotty.

The offensive coordinator could win a Super Bowl and people would still gripe about him. Ask me how I know.

Cad

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1pjg4va6 said:

The offensive coordinator could win a Super Bowl and people would still gripe about him. Ask me how I know.

Victory has a thousand dads. Defeat is the offensive coordinator’s bastard stepchild.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":4pafgoar said:

:lol: Fair.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Are people actually arguing that nonsense about Bevell not being a serious handicap? Our offense was drastically better last season without him. It was actually fun to watch. We even scored on a few opening drives which never happened with the devil.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3ccmliw3 said:
Who's gonna kick our field goals, PATs, and kickoffs? Have they even brought anyone in yet?

Does signing Pro Bowl Kicker Jason Myers count? ;)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I worry about the pass rush and corner play. Ansah's health is of course a concern and there are many question marks with our other DEs.

Regarding our corners, is Amadi going to be our slot/nickel guy? Is he ready to step up?

Will Griffin continue to regress? With the exception of about 2 nice games, Shaq played very poorly last year and it cost us. I was surprised CB wasn't addressed in the draft this year. Flowers looks promising though.