2020 Comp picks

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
2020 Comp picks
Fri May 10, 2019 7:33 am
  • [url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030378/article/2020-nfl-draft-compensatory-pick-projections-for-every-team
    [/url]

In spite of the title, this only a projection.

tldr; Seahawks should get a 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

Re: 2020 Comp picks
Fri May 10, 2019 7:49 am

Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 am

Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:And here's another with more detail from overthecap.com.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-dra ... ion-chart/

By my count, the team will have a total of 10 draft picks in 2020, pending, of course, any future trades.

We have our original 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. And the 2nd from the Frank Clark trade (the lesser of the KC or SF picks, likely the KC pick). Plus the comp picks in the 3rd, the 4th, and the 6th and 7th rounds.

Thus far, we have traded away our original 6th and 7th round picks for the right to draft WR John Ursua this year (with Jacksonville), and for TE Jacob Hollister (with NE), respectively. The latter is a conditional pick, terms not specified.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Fri May 10, 2019 10:05 am
  • Pretty funny that for years the NFL said boo about the comp pick formulas -- and a few ALT media types put a lot of effort into trying to figure it out and did a pretty good job. Now the NFL's media arm is reporting it like it's no big deal.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:And here's another with more detail from overthecap.com.

By my count, the team will have a total of 10 draft picks in 2020, pending, of course, any future trades.

We have our original 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. And the 2nd from the Frank Clark trade (the lesser of the KC or SF picks, likely the KC pick). Plus the comp picks in the 3rd, the 4th, and the 6th and 7th rounds.

Thus far, we have traded away our original 6th and 7th round picks for the right to draft WR John Ursua this year (with Jacksonville), and for TE Jacob Hollister (with NE), respectively. The latter is a conditional pick, terms not specified.

I thought the team only traded away their 6th round native pick but gave up a 7th comp pick in the trade with NE.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 10, 2019 5:27 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:

I thought the team only traded away their 6th round native pick but gave up a 7th comp pick in the trade with NE.

No, the 7th we traded next year to NE for Hollister is our own native pick, not a comp pick. Comp picks can't be traded until they become officially announced, which won't be until after next season. Comp picks are only projections until then.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 5:42 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:

Thanks for the post. For some reason, I thought we received the better of the second round pick. I probably heard it reported wrong when it first happened. I have a feeling the KC pick might be the 30-32nd pick of the second round unfortunately.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Tue May 14, 2019 6:13 pm
  • rjdriver wrote:Thanks for the post. For some reason, I thought we received the better of the second round pick. I probably heard it reported wrong when it first happened. I have a feeling the KC pick might be the 30-32nd pick of the second round unfortunately.

We'll have to make sure they pick before us at #31, then.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information